It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On parchment wings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ummm...my favored place in all the world has always been the Library...all those roads to otherwhere...all those paths only walked by the mind...

On parchment wings

What tales no doubt this room could tell
of castles far and kings
Of forests neath enchantments spell
Away on parchment wings

Dreams what dreams were borne between
these walls and memory
Whose velvet reaches should be seen
Yet could never be

Unless with stroke of quill on page
each vision would eschew
That altruism bears no age
Then away it flew

Away away on parchment wings
in envoi and alls well
Of forests castles far and kings
no doubt this room could tell

YouSir

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That was just awesome!!!!! Nothing like getting lost between the pages of a book and journeying to other places and times, of finding magic and enchantment and other worlds.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...true story Night Star...I love libraries...Although...I could have written that poem about my own rooms as well...with their loaded bookshelves...

I do find magic there...perhaps I have been enchanted...I'm still journeying though...

Be well my good friend...May your day find you deep in enchantment as you journey through...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I too love books, indeed some I regard as old dear friends, silly I know. Sometimes I wonder if something has been lost with the advent of the internet and the computer screen. There is something warm and tactile about books that can't be replaced with an IPhone or IPad. Of course the internet is more wonderful than the fabled Library of Alexandria but somehow books seem more personal and enchanting.

edit on 11-11-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Ummm hello Midicon...I apologize for taking so long to respond to your post...I don't think it's silly at all...books are some of my best friends as well...
My antique books are a real challenge for me though...their must smell makes my allergies flare up...but I love them just the same...truth be told my best friend does the same thing to me...makes me sneeze and my eyes water...but I love her just the same...Canines really can be a persons best friend...

I'm glad you liked my poem...and I wish you well...

YouSir

top topics

join