It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villagers attack orangutan mother and baby trying to escape forest fires in Borneo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

As the Indonesian fires rage on, the expression on
a struggling orangutan's face has powerfully illustrated
the human-orangutan conflict in the region.

To escape the out-of-control forest fires burning in
Borneo, an orangutan with baby by her side attempted
to take refuge in a village only to be attacked by
frightened villagers, an animal rights organisation reported.

"The villagers threw things at the terrified mother
before attempting to capture and tie her up,"
International Animal Rescue (IAR) said.

A team from IAR reached the struggling mother
and her baby who were quickly anaesthetised.

"Fortunately our team got to her just in time," IAR said.

www.abc.net.au...

Indonesia’s fire crisis ..... again !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Profit kills .
Some of these big palm oil ventures even
buy land , slash and burn ,
but never even plant .
They just want the govt. subsidy .
SAD , pathetic world !

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
if they don't have the level of education to understand the animal meant no harm but was running for it's life, there is very little they can do against the actual fire...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
After seeing that picture, I wish I hadn't clicked on this. You can see the pain, exhaustion and despair written on her face. All she was trying to do was get herself and her baby to safety and they attacked her.
We are supposed to be the ones who are civilized.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Sad, sad image. (I know, there are sadder images involving humans etc).

Profit indeed.

When I first visited that part of the world I was astonished with the expanse of palm tree fields - where once there was thriving rain forest there is now miles of monotone palm trees.

I would hope Borneo is not the same but fear it probably is.

The island should be cherished by humans, it is unique.

It is images like this that make me truly believe that the selfish unempathetic being that is a human is actually a disease which needs wiping out... Let the animals rule the world in harmony.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

These guys live next door to an orangutan conservation project and see primates in the wild everyday - I bet they knew full well it was just looking for safety. It's just typical un-excusable human behaviour at its worst.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Yes, deliberately caused. I'd like to slash and burn them.

Don't blame the locals, they are just simple people who do not know any better (bang goes the illusion of them being in touch with nature better than we are, lol). The real villains here are the ones that cause the fires deliberately for financial motives and gain. She would not have run out of the forest if they had not done this.

Thanks for your worthy OP!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Tell that to the Tazmanian tiger and white rhino. Among countless others.......

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Tell that to the Tazmanian tiger and white rhino. Among countless others.......

Great White Hunter and all that!

"He's the Universal Soldier and he really is to blame."

I wish all the bad ass humans who destroy everything would disappear like Christ said, lol. Only trouble is there would probably only be a handful left. I don't think there would be anyone left from the West!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The world was a different place before the Industrial Revolution .
The natives in your picture would have eaten those zebra .
And conservation was a non-existent word ...

My grandmother was a lion and elephant hunter in 1910 .
Something I'm not proud of . And will never do.

However , in 2015 , nature itself is on the endangered list

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

The world was a different place before the Industrial Revolution .
The natives in your picture would have eaten those zebra .
And conservation was a non-existent word ...

My grandmother was a lion and elephant hunter in 1910 .
Something I'm not proud of . And will never do.

However , in 2015 , nature itself is on the endangered list

Those hunters are the ones who have made the sport so popular. Those hunters decimated the wild life in Africa and anywhere else the colonists went on their merry little way. You'll never get me thinking it is a good thing. To me it is a perversion of nature.

I wonder, I wonder, did those hunters really eat their prey???

I really hate colonialism. Read "Heart of Darkness" and see then come and tell me what went on back then was just fine and dandy.

No way Jose!

Honestly, we are on the brink of annihilating so many species. Is this the time for discussing the finer nuances of hunting? No it is not. This is the time where 7 billion nature lovers have got to protect what is left like a Jew guards his jewels.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I would beg anyone to read "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad, first published in 1899 by Blackwood's Magazine. It is known as the first book of the twentieth century, predictive and prophetic, a small novella with a giant purpose of educating humanity about the constitution of their very souls, individually and collectively;

"Heart of Darkness (1899) is a novella[1] by Polish-British novelist Joseph Conrad, about a voyage up the Congo River into the Congo Free State, in the heart of Africa, by the story's narrator Marlow. Marlow tells his story to friends aboard a boat anchored on the River Thames, London, England. This setting provides the frame for Marlow's story of his obsession with the ivory trader Kurtz, which enables Conrad to create a parallel between London and Africa as places of darkness.[2]

Central to Conrad's work is the idea that there is little difference between so-called civilized people and those described as savages; Heart of Darkness raises important questions about imperialism and racism.[3]"

from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

After seeing that picture, I wish I hadn't clicked on this. You can see the pain, exhaustion and despair written on her face. All she was trying to do was get herself and her baby to safety and they attacked her.

Our race of ignorant twits are far from civilized,in fact i think civilization is a word that is used to try and segregate us from the rest of nature.......we will be the very reason we reach our own demise,we are too stupid to work together and we deserve every bit of hell that is heading our way

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

This is the time where 7 billion nature lovers have got to protect what is left like a Jew guards his jewels.

I agree . But in 2015 , out of 7 billion , 3 billion live in civilisation , far removed from nature . Of those , 2 billion
couldn't care less . The other billion are slaves to the machine , and have no time or will to change their world.
The remaining four billion , are struggling to survive in an ever diminishing resource pool . Each day is a struggle
to maintain a minimum standard of living .

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Thx for bringing this horror to our attention,as #ed up it is it needs to be known....
edit on 10-11-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: i will save it for another thread...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread, what a horrible image, and pretty much nothing I can do about it.
It seems that some humans are more savage than some other primates. Poor animal.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Human beings relationship to nature is so out of kilter. It seems we are determined to beat it into submission.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Yes, you are right.

You know in bygone days a handful of crazy colonial hunters would not have made too much impact, perfectly handleable by nature.

Now we are in trouble. There is no room for nature. The Swiss are moaning that they have had to call in the army to help because there is no more room left with the huge influx of migrants. Meanwhile in Syria there are vast no men's lands with nobody left. They are just stripped wildernesses with the scars of human activity and ultimately war. May be this is the trick nature will use on us? Cramp us all together in places where only diseases are happy chaps as the wastelands we leave in our locust like wake following pointless desert making wars will slowly be claimed back by indomitable nature.

Despite appearances nature has not been tamed even slightly. Right now she is like a woman who has been very abused and oppressed. She is just about to go all Suffragette on us. This will not be very nice for humans. We say we have dominated nature. I laugh at this. Go out on a cold night and spend a night homeless; we would soon know who is boss.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You know in bygone days a handful of crazy colonial hunters would not have made too much impact, perfectly handleable by nature.

Back in the day we hunted for food...hunters these days hunt for sport and even have the nerve to talk about it as a spiritual experience ...that is how screwed up we are

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Absolutely heartbreaking how uncivilized a lot of humans are.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its sad what happen to Ms Orangutan, i was not there so i cannot say why these ppl reacted to Ms orangutan that way, btw could Orangutan be dangerous to humans/know to be aggressive or something?

Quote:
"Profit kills .
Some of these big palm oil ventures even
buy land , slash and burn ,
but never even plant .
They just want the govt. subsidy .
SAD , pathetic world ! "

- This is major issue in this world, money and power it holds can buy lands everywhere it seems and they can destroy the lands by taking all the natural resources, destroying the eco system and they make big business of it but the ppl and animals living these lands will be destroyed and it is real terrorism, seen few documents how it happens, cant stop the progress right, until it will stop everything because of the unnatural way of our progress.
The cap between these business men and the creatures living the lands were they ppl or animals are great show how this world truly works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join