It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Mysterious 'thermal anomalies' found on the Pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

An international team of architects and scientists have observed "thermal anomalies" in the pyramids of Giza, Egyptian antiquities officials say. Thermal cameras detected higher temperatures in three adjacent stones at the bottom of the Great Pyramid. Officials said possible causes included the existence of empty areas inside the pyramid, internal air currents, or the use of different building materials.

"The first row of the pyramid's stones are all uniform, then we come here and find that there's a difference in the formation," Antiquities Minister Mamdouh al-Damati said as he showed reporters the three stones showing higher temperatures

Quite interesting in my opinion. Take a look at the link. There are pictures. You will see clearly 3 stones which show high temps. The other stones beside it are normal.

I am sure the explainations will be mundane. But this is ATS, would love to hear some other alternatives.

Link (BBC)
edit on 10/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Post removed because I was too sarcastic and if I am not into a subject I should not ruin it for others.

(a little self moderating).
edit on 10-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Probably just some radioactive decay in the stone, giving off heat.
Or a portal to the underworld

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

There have been a few suggested explanations including Air Shaft's that would carry warm air from outside deeper into the structure but surely they would also warm the stones lining there conduit's so I am not convinced but suspect it will turn out to be a mundane but also exciting discovery as opposed to an ancient reactor or nuclear waiste site entombed in stone so that we don't poison ourselves (now that would not be mundane but we would never get to hear about it either).

top topics

join