It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dissapearing Object Phenomenon?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone! This is just a follow up thread to my original DOP thread, a few weird things have definitely happened since then! You can view my OP here. Sorry this is such a long post! I have the tendancy to ramble...

On Thursday (5th Nov) my boyfriend had a day off from work so we decided we'd have a relaxing day and go catch a movie and get some icecream to beat the heat. We decided to catch the bus as we thought it'd be more convenient and cost-effective for us. All was well, we went out the door all smiles, got some cash for the bus and headed to the bus stop a short walk from home. We were almost late, which is important to note. Being late we were checking the time a lot so my boyfriend had his phone in his hand and was checking the time every few minutes or so. We got the bus stop and sat down on the bench until the bus came and went into town.

We arrived in town and he asked me if I knew where his phone was. I said no and we began to look through his backpack. I didn't see where he put it so the first thoughts I had were "It's either in his bag, in his pocket, or on the bus". We searched all three places thoroughly to no avail. He was starting to get upset at himself because the phone has a lot of our memories on it. He then thought he may have left it at the bus stop. We got back on the bus, went back to the bus stop - nothing. Asked in the surrounding shops, even went to the police station there and reported it missing as it's an expensive phone and I'm sure that someone would love to have it given they got the chance.

We thought we better get on with our day and try and make the best of it, he was certain it was gone for good so he wanted to go look for a new phone, I however had an appointment at the dentist later that day and thought it'd be best to separate so we can each do our own thing. We went on our own ways, he was going to go catch up with a friend after he'd bought a new phone and long story short we'd meet eachother back at home in the evening.

At about 7.30 in the evening I was tidying up in our room, my boyfriend was due to come home any second and I had sat on the bed and was just surfing the web when I heard his phone ring from under my pillow. I lifted up the pillow, and there was his phone. No notification, screen dark, like it had not rung at all. I was SO CONFUSED. I immediately called my boyfriend (on his new phone and number lol) and he was also very confused. He had it in his hand earlier that day!

I don't know what to make of it. His swipe card going missing, my contraceptives, and now his phone? Weird.
edit on 9/11/2015 by virbjek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
that kinda reminds me of the stories of the sidhe they were known for taking children and objects, the children that were taken were replaced with their own and were called a changling, the contraceptives maybe but why his phone????

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: virbjek
Very strange. Have you thought about the possibility that someone is trying to get your attention? Are there any links to the objects that went missing so far? Maybe the message is in these objects. Perhaps, pay attention, phone the pharmacy, there is a recall on the trojan magnums that you used your debit card to purchase....???

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i think its just trolling....

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The "normal" reaction would be to dismiss this, but I won't. Been there, done that, so I know what you mean! More than once, something has gone missing, and turned up later on. I might have shared some of this already, but will again, just in case.

The toy sword -
When my oldest son was small, he really enjoyed Playmobile toys. He had a couple of castles, a pirate ship, an island, and some smaller sets. Since he was little, I would set everything up for him to play; assembling the castles, getting the pieces all in place, etc. Every time, I would make sure every piece was there, and, when he was done, put it all away, checking the pieces again. The typical set-up was in the living room, which was large, out in the middle of the hardwood floor. No vents in the floors (no AC, built-in radiators for heat), no carpet, just him, the toys, and sometimes a blanket for "ground" and another for "water" (we had a little blue one). This one day, after he was done playing, I discovered the king's sword was missing. He hadn't moved from the one spot, we had no pets, and no one else was home. Yet the sword was gone. I checked the blanket, looked in all the other pieces, and even checked the folds and whatnot on his clothes. No sword. The blasted thing was gone for months. When I got into a box, buried n a corner and untouched for a solid year, to get craft supplies for Christmas stuff, I found the sword under everything else in the box. Never could figure out how it got there.

The beer can -
This was much earlier, in a different place. My dad enjoyed having some beer in the evenings. Being thrifty, we would save the cans, and also soda cans, to recycle for money. There was always a paper sack in the kitchen to catch the cans. One evening, he and I were the only ones home. He emptied the can sack into a bag in the garage, and we stocked the can rack in the fridge. He opened one, and we were chatting and whatnot for a few minutes, then he went to the bathroom. When he came out, the opened beer was gone. Totally, completely gone, can and all. No empty in the sack, one missing from the rack, so we knew we hadn't miscounted. Never found a trace of that one.

The keyring -

My uncle had a large ring of keys, many for work, and some for other things. One of those almost bracelet-sized things. He was standing in the middle of his living room, chatting with family, when he dropped the keys. Everyone heard them hit the floor, but when he bent to pick them up, they were gone. Never showed back up.

Can't explain it any more than you can explain that phone, but I believe your story. Sometimes, things vanish, and sometimes they come back. Weird, for certain.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Very strange. Have you thought about the possibility that someone is trying to get your attention? Are there any links to the objects that went missing so far? Maybe the message is in these objects.

I have thought that something or someone has been trying to get my attention for awhile. I used to have a collection of shells on my dresser. Every now and then I would come home to them arranged neatly in a circle. It's just me and the boy and he said he didn't do it. I put them in a drawer after that.

As to links... the only thing I can think of is that they're very important items for both me and my boyfriend. Other than that, no clue.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

Hahah it is a bit like that... like an unfunny joke. Oh well, I'm trying to make light of the situation

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

The "normal" reaction would be to dismiss this, but I won't. Been there, done that, so I know what you mean! More than once, something has gone missing, and turned up later on.

• • •

Can't explain it any more than you can explain that phone, but I believe your story. Sometimes, things vanish, and sometimes they come back. Weird, for certain.

I don't really want to dismiss it, things have moved before but never dissapeared. I feel like this is whatever or whoever is doing this "stepping up it's game". So I guess I have to do something, but what exactly?

Thank you very much for sharing your stories, so very curious!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: virbjek

Hahah it is a bit like that... like an unfunny joke. Oh well, I'm trying to make light of the situation
well then... enjoy and have fun. on 2nd thought i may have been harsh will you elaborate why the joke isn't funny?
edit on 10-11-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

well then... enjoy and have fun. on 2nd thought i may have been harsh will you elaborate why the joke isn't funny?

No harm done here!
I guess because it's so annoying that important things are going missing. But like I said, I'm not all that worried.
edit on 10/11/2015 by virbjek because: misquoted

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No harm done here!
I guess because it's so annoying that important things are going missing. But like I said, I'm not all that worried.
perhaps you were both forgetful then? not every mystery deals in the supernatural there could be a logical reason for it

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What you need to do is get a bunch of small pebbles (or use those shells again) and say "Arrange these into a letter or word at some point and I'll listen to you." Then see what happens after a week or so.

Are these events occurring regularly?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Very strange. Have you thought about the possibility that someone is trying to get your attention? Are there any links to the objects that went missing so far? Maybe the message is in these objects.

I have thought that something or someone has been trying to get my attention for awhile. I used to have a collection of shells on my dresser. Every now and then I would come home to them arranged neatly in a circle. It's just me and the boy and he said he didn't do it. I put them in a drawer after that.

As to links... the only thing I can think of is that they're very important items for both me and my boyfriend. Other than that, no clue.

When I was in college I had been dating a girl for quite some time, and I had a lot of weird things happening and I told a friend about them. She said that something was trying to get my attention and she surmised that it was a soul that was wanting to incarnate as mine and my GFs child. I'll tell you right now that I have an open mind, but I got a good laugh at that. Who knows, really. Your story reminded me of it, though.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My wife would tell me stories about things always going missing at her house growing up. There were a few deaths in the house, which I don't know had anything to do with her stuff, but it was mentioned. Usually hair brushes. They would be missing for months, then show back up in strange places. Usually in plain sight, so you would know you didn't just leave it there.

I keep hoping to find a ghost that leaves stuff instead of taking it. (like leaving $20 bills just laying around.)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
What you need to do is get a bunch of small pebbles (or use those shells again) and say "Arrange these into a letter or word at some point and I'll listen to you." Then see what happens after a week or so.

Usually I try and distance myself from things like this as I'm a big scaredy cat, but now I feel like the activity has increased over the last two weeks and I feel like I can't ignore it anymore. Recently I've been hearing more ticking in the walls, seeing shaddows in the corner of my eye and very recently I was making the bed when I heard a knock on our bedroom door. I looked up and a small black shaddow (like the size of a big house cat) dart away so fast my eyes could hardly see it.

Dissapearing stuff is new to me. Thanks for your idea, I might have to try it

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That doesn't sound like a ghost.

Someone said Sidhe before, I believe?

My idea might not work in this case, since it was working under the assumption that whatever it is doing these things was human, or at least capable of understanding the human language.
edit on 10/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Additional Detail

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Recently I've been hearing more ticking in the walls,.

SO glad you mentioned this!

Been hearing a ticking in the walls as well!! Only a few things I've had missing since I've lived here: a pair of nice seeing glasses, an expensive Leatherman and ear buds

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I don't really want to dismiss it, things have moved before but never dissapeared. I feel like this is whatever or whoever is doing this "stepping up it's game". So I guess I have to do something, but what exactly?

Thank you very much for sharing your stories, so very curious!

I wouldn't dismiss it, either, but I wouldn't want to assume too much, and end up risking inviting something around as a result. So, caution there? Whatever causes this, I lean more toward some odd quantum sort of thing than something supernatural. Don't know what, of course, but something!

Very curious, indeed! We've had things just moved, as well. Or, "gone", then back where we'd already looked.

And, wow, that last reminds me of some if the Missing 411 cases, where people show up someplace searchers have already been. I wonder if there is a connection.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Usually I try and distance myself from things like this as I'm a big scaredy cat, but now I feel like the activity has increased over the last two weeks and I feel like I can't ignore it anymore. Recently I've been hearing more ticking in the walls, seeing shaddows in the corner of my eye and very recently I was making the bed when I heard a knock on our bedroom door. I looked up and a small black shaddow (like the size of a big house cat) dart away so fast my eyes could hardly see it.

Dissapearing stuff is new to me. Thanks for your idea, I might have to try it

Bumping this thread in light of the statement "ticking in the walls"....

I replied already but, hope that others have heard this sound as well, I have not heard this ticking in a month or so ...but, it seemed to follow me in certain rooms I would be in ...mostly at night, can't remember if there was a day time event or not...

if anyone else has heard this, please post here.. thx.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So, I was on a walk with a friend of mine at the park and I was wearing this rainbow-leather bracelet thingy I'd just gotten at Summerfest the day before. I realize that I must have dropped it right after we left the park and were at the fireworks in town. Immediately after, we go back to check--it's not there. And it's not a place that is frequented by people very often. When we pulled up to look, though, my friend said he thought he saw this shape disappear into the shadows. Which was weird. Fast-forward to the next day, and we are back out there to look for one last time (with my fiance, too, this time) and we are looking everywhere and can't find it. Then, just when I give up, all of a sudden I see it laying on the asphalt where I'd thought it was going to be this whole time (the most-logical place that it would have initially fallen off of me). And, there you have it. It was weird. Still not quite sure what to make of it, but I'm glad I got my cheap bracelet back!

top topics

join