It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder the folks in L.A were freaking out - check out this amazing pic!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bluesma

So they didn't take into account the effects of the sunset on the trail. So what.

I just find it difficult to believe that atmospheric conditions at scheduled times for launch are not considered.
Perhaps I am an optimist who imagines they are more on top of things then that. The alternative is kind of scary.

Russia and China had the telemetry frequencies, they didn't need to see it to know what it was doing. They knew exactly where it was, and where it was going the entire flight. They just didn't know exactly when it would occur.

Once again, I am not referring to officials of Russia nor China.The saber rattling between chiefs is a given.

I am talking about sending out the propaganda net further and wider than just the military and government officials of other countries. The government and military of any given nation does not willingly tell their people all that they know of other countries military force and activity.

( I'm sure you know this and I am sorry if I sound condescending, I don't wish to... I am just trying to make this as simple as I can to avoid more misunderstanding)

What the masses percieve of other countries effects who and what they support - they elect leaders who will align with the country they percieve to be the best bet (the stronger one); they protest actions and personalities that support ones they reject.

So....... having the impression of a strong and aggressive active military reach the common masses of the world benefits them. Crazy ideas like UFO's have the power to do that.
THAT gets everyones attention - then keeps it as they are corrected.

If the news headline in their email box started out with the truth , it wouldn't have caught their attention. If the regular ignorant population hadn't a way to broadcast their regular ignorant ideas across the globe, then it wouldn't have worked.

My suggestion was that, since there has been a few incidents in which we saw the regular joes across the world suddenly focusing on weapons testing simply because some yahoos called a ufo or dimensional portal it seems perfectly plausible that ours too, would recognize the opportunity there and use it.

-Or maybe they didn't, and I'm a friggin' genius way ahead of them.
(joke)

edit on 12-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And, again, what does it matter? It didn't affect the missile, it didn't affect the test, the only thing it affected was people talking about it, which they would have been anyway, whether it was launched earlier in the day, or later at night.

People would have called this a UFO, regardless. Look at the incident from a few years ago. Without any shred of evidence, except unreliable sources, it's still being called a Chinese ICBM launch off the coast of LA. No one, not even China, said it was a Chinese missile, but it's still being called that. You really think that if someone had come out and said anything about what it was, from the start, that people would have sat up and said "oh, ok" and swallowed it? Of course not.

It has nothing to do with propaganda, showing a strong military, or anything else. Launching a missile does not a strong military make.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: tommyjo

Jim Oberg plotted them out at the following link.

www.abovetopsecret.com…

And right below that Phage pointed out the date was wrong.

Uh, no. The date was correct, Phage came back and admitted he had misread it. FAIL.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And, again, what does it matter? It didn't affect the missile, it didn't affect the test, the only thing it affected was people talking about it, which they would have been anyway, whether it was launched earlier in the day, or later at night.

People would have called this a UFO, regardless. Look at the incident from a few years ago. Without any shred of evidence, except unreliable sources, it's still being called a Chinese ICBM launch off the coast of LA. No one, not even China, said it was a Chinese missile, but it's still being called that.

I don't know who "everyone" is, I suspect you must be talking about Americans?
I don't know about the incident of a few years ago, apparently that didn't get much attention outside the US.
Guess it didn't make really impressive eerie images?

THAT right there is what makes it spread. That is why the viewing conditions at the time of launch matter.
The kind of images that can be captured. That was what made the Bulava a household name in far away countries- the images of the eerie blue spiral! It took a long time to get people filled in what it really was, but it got it out there, and got the simple people sitting around the table and talking about the amazing technology Russia must have.

The image is the key. Maybe you have to be from Los Angeles, from the film making industry, to understand the power of image?

It has nothing to do with propaganda, showing a strong military, or anything else. Launching a missile does not a strong military make.

I think your head is sort of stuck seeing from the point of view of someone who is interested and knowledgeable about this subject. You fail to see that for the common masses, they know nothing about missiles, are not aware of testing that goes on, and it is basically really hard to get their attention on it.
You need neat pictures and crazy headlines to turn their head.

-Or maybe Americans can't fathom how much influence the common people can have their government, when it is a smaller country that is less corporatized? Maybe it is hard to imagine why their attention and respect is worth getting.
I bet the officials there know though.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I find myself wondering, and I hope you don't mind if I ask, both Zaphod and Phage (and anyone else who feels similarly),

Why is the idea I bring up,

(that the military may have purposefully chosen the location and time of their testing to create an impressive show of images, with an anticipation of much distortion in citizen media frenzy, that would quickly spread the news to all corners of the globe,
and a choice to give that time to spread before the second wave of news that would correct it.)

So repulsive? Why does it bother you so, or seem so unlikely?

Do you feel that the american military is "above" consideration of international reputation and attitudes about it?
This is a sincere question, not meant to be sarcastic or pointed. If my guesses here are way off, please don't hesitate to correct me. I just feel curious and confused about how such a simple idea (which is close to " a given" in my mind) makes you guys so uncomfortable to have to object to it so strongly.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Because they are autonomic droids, the gears in their head turn the same way the gyros in missile guidance. There is no questioning why, there is but to do and die.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
I can't believe you all are still talking about this non issue...

Here are some pictures from inside the submarine on the day of the test, and pictures of some of the people who were involved:

www.stratcom.mil...

Look how evil they all look, with their smiles, cheers, and handshakes. They all look like they are ready to purposefully scare US citizens (their friends and family) with this missile test.....

-sarcasm-

Can anybody assess that pre-dawn coastline? Doesn't look like San Diego, how about Pt. Mugu?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: six67seven

a reply to: Sublimecraft

So thats not how it looked in real-time provided its a timelapse photo. Look at the car lights on the road...

As Abe stated: they were 'trying out new techniques on their cameras.'

surprisingly that is pretty much what it looked like in real time aswell. im in northern california and just happened to be in the right place at the right time and the entire plume from its exhaust hung there and glowed for maybe a min. the only thing that was different is that the middle plume was the only part that appeared blue to the naked eye and the larger plume that surrounds it appeared to be whitish green.

Thanks for the keen-eyed report. I'm starting to suspect the thin 'middle plume' [good term for it] was exhaust from the hydraulic power units that steered the engines, usually hydrazine. There was a very similar middle plume on the Bulava [also an SLBM/ICBM] over Norway in 2009.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
As per the launch notification warnings and closure areas.

The Russian strategic submarine, the Vladimir Monomakh, has carried out a double Bulava ballistic missile test launch from a submerged position in the White Sea, successfully hitting two targets in the Kamchatka region in Russia’s Far East.

“Salvo firing from a submerged position was made in accordance with the plan of combat training. The parameters trajectory of two ICBM 'Bulava' worked normally. As confirmed by objective monitoring, the missile warheads successfully arrived at the Kura test site in Kamchatka,” the Defense Ministry’s press service reported.

www.rt.com...

edit on 15/11/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

hydrazine makes the blue glow? cool. always learn something from you mr. oberg.

what's causing the green?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: JimOberg

hydrazine makes the blue glow? cool. always learn something from you mr. oberg.

what's causing the green?

I'm guessing, so be careful. Hydrazine vapor in an oxygen atmosphere is red, hence the American expression 'BFRC' for a leak event, R sands for Red, F stands for astonishment. In vacuum, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the picture look fake? To me it looks like a CG rocket added to a photo of Cali. The rocket looks impossibly clear because none of the original pics or videos looked like this... Just sayin'.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Photographer Abe Blair, 36, was taking pictures of the skyline when he spotted an 'unreal blue and white cloud just expanding bigger and bigger.'.
He said: 'The sunset was uneventful and the fog was a no show. My friend Justin and I decided to stick around and shoot some night images and play with some new techniques with our cameras.
'Then it happened. "What is that?!" we both yell as we are running to our cameras to recompose and try and capture this UFO as it headed right towards us.
'Just as we got our cameras reset it banked left out over the ocean. Over the next minute we watched it go and either leave our atmosphere or burn out.
Some time later a Navy spokesman confirmed that it was in fact an unarmed Trident II (D5) missile that was fired from the USS Kentucky, a ballistic missile submarine.
And the top secret military operations off the coast of Los Angeles has also forced aircraft at LAX, one of the country’s busiest airports, to take alternative routes for a week.

www.dailymail.co.uk... sco-fired-coast-California.html

edit on 16-11-2015 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

As can be seen by the lights of cars on the highway, it is a time exposure.
So, no. It did not look like that to the observers.

edit on 11/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As can be seen by the lights of cars on the highway, it is a time exposure.
So, no. It did not look like that to the observers.

No, I was referring to the image of the rocket looking much more clear and tangible, than all the original pics and videos. None show a clear rocket like this, or anything that looked tangible at all.

I don't think time exposure would be related to this...?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You are not seeing the rocket itself. You are seeing the light from the rocket "stretched" out. The time exposure extends it and makes it brighter. Does this look like a plane?
cdn.cavemancircus.com...
edit on 11/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You are not seeing the rocket itself. You are seeing the light from the rocket "stretched" out. The time exposure extends it and makes it brighter. Does this look like a plane?
cdn.cavemancircus.com...

Ok, before I didn't think you were blaming OP's photo on time lapse, but you actually are blaming it on that. Ok fine, it's time lapse. I did see that all along, but I don't think time lapse explains why this pic is so different from all the originals. It's inconsistently clear, and it resembles a rocket more than all the original recordings I've seen. That's the inconsistency and it's not necessarily a time lapse issue.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is it test launches or are they targeting somewhere?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Foxxer

Test missiles validating the subs launch system after a major overhaul.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Whatever that is...it's not a UFO, looks fake.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join