It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder the folks in L.A were freaking out - check out this amazing pic!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And yet, you want to go launching missiles without telling anyone just to see how they react.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

So I guess it's just "OOOPs! Our bad! We didn't calculate the conditions properly, and it took us a long time to realize the effects from the test."

With all the growing threats from Russia and China, I doubt it was just silly bumbling men that forgot to consider the visibility conditions and possible reactions from the public.

That.

"Be verrry afraid". In my youth it was testing of air raid klaxons on a monthly basis and the whole "Arms Race". Don't worry we're only reminding you of the Bomb, for testing purposes only. "This is only a test…"

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And yet, you want to go launching missiles without telling anyone just to see how they react.

Thats not at all my position. Its the position of warmongers to make weapons and deploy them in secret and lie about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Since when do you tell the "enemy", you're going to bomb them??? What good is a missile, if it lights up the entire sky, visible in many states? Don't those things kinda defeat the purpose?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So you were just trolling by repeating that over and over in the thread. Got it.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Do you really think they aren't going to know when missiles are launched? It's really hard to hide the heat bloom, and the radar signature on long range radar.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well I think I may be changing my stance on being angry about this whole missile thing. Looks like the govt pulled its PR Ace cards and are bringing the Raiders back here to LA! You know, to get everyone's mind off of the unannounced unarmed, nuclear missile they shot off here.

espn.go.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this is their way of making it up to us in socal, then they can shoot of an empty nuke for the season opener of the LA Raiders for all I care!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: tommyjo

What part of Inter Continental Ballistic Missile and Submarine Ballistic Missile belonging to Russia and US don't you get?

The part where I don't trust anything the US government says anymore. What part of that don't you get?

You say US honors missile treaties, the whole missile game is to hide boomers under the ocean and lay there in case they need to suddenly destroy the world. You think thats sane, then I think you are insane.

Nuclear weapons, and the people who design make and employ them are insane.

People who defend that whole Paradigm are absolutely bonkers.

Why only refer to the US? Both sides (Russia/US) deploy nuclear weapon as their nuclear deterrent. Think about it? You are the one suggesting that there is no notification procedures in place when there is. It isn't my fault or the other posters debating with you that you can't understand it. I get it though it is a mindset. You would rather believe that the US launched the missiles without honouring the Ballistic Missile Notification Treaty and the telemetry data exchange in the New START Treaty. I get that it is a mindset. You didn't know about it so you invented a fantasy world of your own based upon the "evil US" firing off SLBMs towards Russia with no notification. No doubt you will believe that the Russians are about to retaliate with their own un-announced launches within the next few days? I get the mindset.

I know it is hard for you to understand. You have shown this in your forum posts. The reality is that both sides have ratified the NEW START Treaty and are abiding by the verification and notification procedures. No side would tolerate deviations from the treaty agreements and especially unannounced ballistic missile tests. Far too much hard work and effort has gone into the various nuclear treaties over the years in order to bring down the numbers of deployed strategic warheads and launch systems. Compare that to the unrestricted days before the two sides signed the first reduction treaties? Neither US nor Russia wants to return to the days of intercontinental ballistic missile test launches being conducted without warning. I get it though in your world of fantasy you would rather believe that the US didn't warn the Russians.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft>>> So the feds put on a light show and we're supposed to feel all warm and safe or get intimidated into thinking they can use a super weapon against us. I'm more pissed off they think they can kick citizens around and get away with it. Our leaders and safety keepers seem to get blindsided most times anyway.
They open the borders, let illegals and terrorists in and do idiotic political economic and military moves and then want us to think we're safe with them protecting us. God, I'm sorry but there was this quasi offensive Youtube video where a family with a son with Down's Syndrome was dressed up like a cop. They managed to offend everybody but you couldn't help laughing. They should do one where he's the President or Attorney General.
Not afraid of ISIS, the Chinese or the Russians. Our quisling leaders and their puppet master slave lords... yes.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So you were just trolling by repeating that over and over in the thread. Got it.

Meh, you been on my content this thread ever since I suggested they "test" missiles to scare the populace and the perceived "enemy". US military are the penultimate world trolls.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yes, because firing a missile that lands nowhere near anyone will terrify the population of a country. Just like those Russian tests terrified the US population.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The US invented nukes, the Russians have to keep up. The US violates international law, invading and occupying nations all the time. The Russians better stay alert. I wouldn't trust anything the US says or does.

Despite what military proponents on ATS say, the greater part of the world knows this.
edit on 11-11-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yes, we've heard it all before. How we are still occupying Japan and Germany, and there are no treaties with the US, only occupations, and how the US is the epitome of evil and responsible for all the problems in the world.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Plasma propulsion engine
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 11-11-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I can't believe you all are still talking about this non issue...

Here are some pictures from inside the submarine on the day of the test, and pictures of some of the people who were involved:

www.stratcom.mil...

Look how evil they all look, with their smiles, cheers, and handshakes. They all look like they are ready to purposefully scare US citizens (their friends and family) with this missile test.....

-sarcasm-
edit on 11-11-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Post is better detailed below.
edit on 12-11-2015 by BiffTadder because: Created a detailed and enhanced post - this one was very pedestrian

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Photographer Abe Blair, 36, was taking pictures of the skyline when he spotted an 'unreal blue and white cloud just expanding bigger and bigger.'.
He said: 'The sunset was uneventful and the fog was a no show. My friend Justin and I decided to stick around and shoot some night images and play with some new techniques with our cameras.
'Then it happened. "What is that?!" we both yell as we are running to our cameras to recompose and try and capture this UFO as it headed right towards us.
'Just as we got our cameras reset it banked left out over the ocean. Over the next minute we watched it go and either leave our atmosphere or burn out.
Some time later a Navy spokesman confirmed that it was in fact an unarmed Trident II (D5) missile that was fired from the USS Kentucky, a ballistic missile submarine.
And the top secret military operations off the coast of Los Angeles has also forced aircraft at LAX, one of the country’s busiest airports, to take alternative routes for a week.

www.dailymail.co.uk... sco-fired-coast-California.html

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

1) If you require instant gratification without explanation, here you are:
This is a rather detailed, technical (hand-not software) drawing; have a look and read the summary of the video:

URI: www.youtube.com...

2) If you are interested in rationale, reason, and a possible debate:
It was NOT over LA. Hype, hype, hype. We saw it from behind the takeoff point, which was West of North County San Diego. There is so much BS about this out there right now that it makes me pine for the days before the Internet.

3) Theory: Let's talk about the conventional first stage thruster that worked; the second stage that was malfunctioning, and the third stage, that was an Ion/Plasma Thruster. Hmm, you didn't consider that one yet? Neither did I, until I thought about what I saw a few days afterward. I think this is the most acceptable explanation for what was seen, but there were just too many variables.

4) Yeah, no wonder the folks in LA were freaking out . . . it was not in LA, and that video has filters that turned the city gold, and the car headlights, and the plume to dark neon blue. Nobody saw that color, and the headline reads: "MASSIVE UFO OVER LA". Kudos - seriously kudos on misleading everyone with that title. LA is the center of the universe . . . but we all knew that already didn't we?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Zaphod58

Except they were informed prior to the launches that there would be launches made. Not exactly when, but they were given a window when they would occur.

I very much doubt that.

The US announcing anything it does ahead of time, thats a lark.

You could convince me though, gotta link?

Oh, and its okay to land in my message box…

The Russians are also honouring the ballistic missile notification treaty just like the US did with their recent launches. I predict that the Russians will launch Bulava SLBMs from the Arctic/White Sea/Barents area either tomorrow or over the weekend. Russia also has a launch notification treaty with China.

The NOTAMs and Warning to Mariners for the Russian SLBM(s) have been published. The Bulava should be launched from the White Sea with the inert warheads targeting a range in Kamchatka.

403/15(42).
ARCTIC.
BARENTS SEA.
ROCKETS.
DNC 22.
1. HAZARDOUS OPERATIONS 1100Z TO 2100Z DAILY
10 THRU 15 NOV IN AREA BOUND BY
73-05N 051-00E, 72-30N 052-47E,
71-24N 049-25E, 72-00N 047-20E.
2. CANCEL THIS MSG 152200Z NOV 15.

msi.nga.mil...

G4359/15 NOTAMN
Q) UUXX/QRTCA/IV/BO/W/000/999/7215N05015E056
A) ULMM ULAA B) 1511111300 C) 1511151900
D) 11 14 1300-2100, 12 15 1100-1900, 13 1100-2100
E) TEMPO DNG AREA ACT WI COORD:
720000N 0472000E-730500N 0511000E-723000N 0524700E-
712400N 0492500E-720000N 0472000E.
F) SFC G) UNL

G4362/15 NOTAMN
Q) UUXX/QRTCA/IV/BO/W/000/999/6533N03730E042
A) ULAA ULMM B) 1511111100 C) 1511151900
D) 11 13 14 1100-2100 12 15 1100-1900
E) AIRSPACE C'___' WI AREA:
651300N0362700E-653800N0362700E-661300N0371600E-
655200N0383500E-651300N0374000E-651300N0362700E.
F) SFC G) 1500M AGL

G4364/15 NOTAMN
Q) UUXX/QARLC/IV/NBO/E/000/999/6547N03806E045
A) ULAA ULMM B) 1511111300 C) 1511151900
D) 11 14 1300-2100, 13 1100-2100, 12 15 1100-1900
E) ATS RTE W57 SEGMENT KUMEL-KOTID CLOSED.
F) SFC G) UNL

www.faa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join