It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder the folks in L.A were freaking out - check out this amazing pic!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Photographer Abe Blair, 36, was taking pictures of the skyline when he spotted an 'unreal blue and white cloud just expanding bigger and bigger.'.
He said: 'The sunset was uneventful and the fog was a no show. My friend Justin and I decided to stick around and shoot some night images and play with some new techniques with our cameras.
'Then it happened. "What is that?!" we both yell as we are running to our cameras to recompose and try and capture this UFO as it headed right towards us.
'Just as we got our cameras reset it banked left out over the ocean. Over the next minute we watched it go and either leave our atmosphere or burn out.
Some time later a Navy spokesman confirmed that it was in fact an unarmed Trident II (D5) missile that was fired from the USS Kentucky, a ballistic missile submarine.
And the top secret military operations off the coast of Los Angeles has also forced aircraft at LAX, one of the country’s busiest airports, to take alternative routes for a week.

www.dailymail.co.uk... sco-fired-coast-California.html

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah, that would make me more than a little nervous if I saw it.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's simply swamp gas reflecting off Venus, created by an atmospheric inversion, coupled with whale spit.
Thanks Project Blue Book.

edit on 9-11-2015 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
I heard they are doing it again tonight?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So thats not how it looked in real-time provided its a timelapse photo. Look at the car lights on the road...

As Abe stated: they were 'trying out new techniques on their cameras.'

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

They already launched today.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pictures or it never happened. lol

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Imagine, when they launch a full retaliatory strike of ICBMS it will look like LA last night times hundreds.

From everywhere in continent to every point (mostly North) on the compass. You won't miss it, unless you're inside staring at screens.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I hope that day never arrives....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I clicked the thread with my wife sitting here and she said , is that a giant flashlight.. LOL

I think it looks like a light saber

edit on 9-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It says in the article: The Pentagon recently embarked on a $355-billion program for modernizing each aging leg of the U.S. nuclear triad over the next decade.

The project for the new American century mentions the upgrade to the nuclear deterrent.
Along with the Pearl Harbor type "incident" and the dramatic rise of the military budget, they're implementing the plan pretty well it seems.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Damn..yeah that would do it

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It looks to me like the boys at China Lake are testing something new. Maybe a laser or partical beam weapons system. Looks like it worked to.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Those tests would be done in the desert, not right off California.
edit on 11/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Where was this picture taken? Kinda looks like San Francisco i heard it was launched in southern California.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

So thats not how it looked in real-time provided its a timelapse photo. Look at the car lights on the road...

As Abe stated: they were 'trying out new techniques on their cameras.'

This is a long exposure. Probably 3-5 seconds long. The light, imho, looks so otherworldly due to lens flare and post processing....

It's a great pic, but it's not a UFO.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

It looks to me like the boys at China Lake are testing something new. Maybe a laser or partical beam weapons system. Looks like it worked to.

China Lake....definitely THE WEIRDEST place I've ever been. Our rental needed a new tire and we ended up staying there overnight. Went out to Red Rock Canyon SP for some night photography, on the donut tire, lol.

That's where we saw "The Green Lady" zoom across the night sky...I didn't get a shot of it as we were in the car on our way back, but I was completely dumbfounded as was my daughter and her friend.

Got the answers to what I saw in these forums, thanks to Zaphod!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This Top Secret Military Exercise is a fail. LOL!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

You should see some of the top secret exercise fails I've seen. Heh.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join