It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia slammed in doping report, faces possible Olympic ban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Next week on CNN:

Russian leaders of state have been discovered putting the toilet paper rolls in the wrong direction in the water closets at the parliament building.

A CNN delegate has informed us of Putin's comment on the situation as: "Not to worry comrades, it's hard to find the direction of the toilet paper end after a 3-hour lunch of wodka and borscht. Westerners will never understand the difficult position we must face every day in the motherland."

Updates will follow as the situation unfolds.

Back to you Barbra.

I really appreciate the updates this is a matter of extreme urgency

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Why not ban Kenya aswell ?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I know right ?!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Desperate times call for desperate propaganda.

Yep, that is what this is. They are pulling out ALL the stops now to poison our attitude towards the Ruskies so the Syria / ISIS farce can continue.

Too bad some of us think for ourselves and see through the stench of BS western MSM is spewing.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Desperate times call for desperate propaganda.

That's right, because Russia never doped their athletes...never.

You sound you're on some yourself ... some sort "hate Russia dope". Maybe you should get an anti-depressant for that, huh?

On the topic, Russia, China, US, Germany, Japan ... all dope their athletes. They just always stay ahead of the game ... as the athletes are a part of the dope and medicine industry guineapigs.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It's annoying, some sports are just not worth watching anymore with the suspicion surrounding athletes cyclists and other sporting competitors. These people should be role models not dope fiends

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You sound you're on some yourself ... some sort "hate Russia dope". Maybe you should get an anti-depressant for that, huh?

Had the article been about any other country the thread would be about them, so for your little comment you should pay attention as I said this earlier in this thread.

On the topic, Russia, China, US, Germany, Japan ... all dope their athletes. They just always stay ahead of the game ... as the athletes are a part of the dope and medicine industry guineapigs.

The only reason those other countries weren't mentioned is because the article was only about Russia.

And if you have a problem with the article take it up with the person who wrote the it not me.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You sound you're on some yourself

Why because your comrads are looking bad?

some sort "hate Russia dope"

Nope, just an interesting story.

Well had the article been about those countries they would have been in this thread, but the article is about Russia so that is what the thread a about.

Sorry it bothers you...maybe they shouldn't get caught doping their athletes and threads like this wouldn't exist.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If anybody is curious, here is a link to the actual report:

The Independent Commision Report #1

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
1. Every elite (or even just a professional) athlete takes drugs worldwide. There are reasons, methods, consequences, and results. This is terrible, but these are the rules. That's why in particular I'm absolutely not interested in pro sports.

2. tsurfer2000h, are you doing it for fun or for money? I am sorry if my question is politically incorrect.
Perhaps you should dilute your threads so as not to look so detectable.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Russia is not the West. The moral problem people in the West with cheating, corruption and things like the black market are not considered a problem in Russia or in many other countries. These sorts of things are just a part of everyday life. You do what have to do to get by. Be it buying western foods on the black market, paying off the a local official to get out of military service or doping to win a better life at sports. That is just life in many places around the world. Is it fair in international competitions? No but, its completely understandable.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
I have never seen such a flagrant mod's post. Though I'm new here.

Didn't you know that the ancient and modern usage of doping originates from so-called West?

And do you really correlate the moral problems with the countries?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

He's part of the anti russian brigade here on ats. reminds me of when springer got upset that folks were using rt as sources to slam the us, telling the nice folks that the only good propaganda, er um news, comes from the likes of the big media corporations.

You get used to it after awhile and honestly, it's fun riling them up!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

He's part of the anti russian brigade here on ats.

Really?

Care to show where I have said I am anti Russia, because if you actually paid attention I am anti Russian government not the people...so if you want to make that comment I suggest you get it right.

edit on 11-11-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Why not ban Kenya aswell ?

So had the article been about Kenya the thread would be about that, but as far as other countries and what they do has nothing to do with the thread as it was based around the article about Russia.

If you have a problem you should take that up with the World Anti Doping Agency, as I have no say in who gets banned from what.

I just shared the article.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I think the big issue here is not so much that Russia got caught, we all know it's bad for doping, but as others have mentioned plenty of other nations are just as bad.

So, why does Russia conveniently get called out when the US and Britain are jumping up and down over it's involvement in Syria?

In short; Russia doping athletes = naughty and cheating, but hardly anything new or unique to just one country. (Look at Lance Armstrong from Australia for example)

Timing = very suspicious and probably politically motivated.
edit on 12-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Nah, i like the anti russian brigade or the ARB. Adding the G in there wouldn't make the acronym as catchy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join