It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athletics doping: Wada commission wants Russia ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"Russia should be banned from athletics competition, a World Anti-Doping Agency commission report has recommended.

Wada's independent commission examined allegations of doping, cover-ups, and extortion in Russian athletics, which also implicated the IAAF, the sport's world governing body.

It says London 2012 was "sabotaged" by "widespread inaction" against athletes with suspicious doping profiles.
Russia was also accused of running a "state-supported" doping programme.

The report recommended that five athletes and five coaches should be given lifetime doping bans.
The commission's chairman, Dick Pound, who led a Wada news conference on Monday, also recommended that the Russian federation is banned from next year's Olympics."

< 50%

www.bbc.co.uk...

Some very serious allegations.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jc333

The commission's chairman, Dick Pound

I'm sorry, I just lost it at his name

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Dick Pound

I really did hear that name ...

OK, Russians, Olympics and performance enhancers are nothing new. Heck, Olympics and performance enhancers are nothing new. It's not like other countries aren't in on it.

I'd look to clean up the governing bodies first and then go after every country.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We work so hard and spend so much money in finding and kicking out dopers. Why can't we have competitions were doping is encouraged? I think that would be one hell of a watch imo. So you would have regular Olympics and then the beefed up fun Olympics.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Following this story pin several other channels than the BBC two commentors remarked that there were a number of other countries who could do with the same level of investigations into their doping activities apart from Russia.

I suspect this is a more widespread problem than the people who make money from the Olympics would like to acknowledge.

The Olympics is a huge, huge business but the West and during the interview with Seb Coe - now a Lord for having scampered around a field basically, even the presenter interviewing Coe tried to get Coe to acknowledge the depth of corruption running through the Olympic Committees, something Coe was determined to ignore and blindside.

There does seem to be doing an awful lot of Russia bashing at the moment, its as though a whole propaganda machine has been deliberately unleashed and whatever stick can be poked at that one country there's an indecent rush to grab new sticks to poke it with.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Death to Russia!

They should be ashamed of themselves. I bet they'd probably cheat in a vodka drinking contest.

new topics

top topics

join