It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my insurance premiums are going up again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: rbnhd76
Did you vote for Obama? I'm only curious so I know whether to laugh at you or cry with you.

eta, I'm crying with you then

It wasnt so much Obama . He just signed it in to law . It was the unholy duo of Pelosi-Reid and should be called PelosiCare. It is truly offensive to blame it on Obama by calling it Obamacare . And no way is it ACA (Affordable Health Care Act) . Aint much affordable to it.

It was Obama himself giving speech after speech about, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" and "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan".... all the while, as revealed during the Gruber fiasco, they ALL knew that simply wasn't the case.

I would also add that the Demoncrats didn't mind it being referred to as Obamacare at the time before it was passed. It was a marketing decision, hoping that his name would make the bill more popular.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So why are you mad then if it is standard practice??

I think 15 dollars is to high as a standard btw, so not sure what you point is there.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I think 15 dollars is to high as a standard btw, so not sure what you point is there.

Blutone22 is more than capable of responding, and I apologize for butting-in... but...

The fact is that the government knows (or should know) that THAT is standard practice of industry. The fact that Obama and company went out and tried to sell the people on the idea that THEIR costs would go down is immoral at best and border-line-criminal at worst. Like so many other issues, after the fact it came to light that all parties involved KNEW that costs would go up, yet they continued with the "You'll save money" line.
Incidentally, this is something that MANY people were talking about PRIOR to Obamacare being signed into law.

As far as the $15... There are plenty of people that are having a tough time making it. Having the option of spending literally $3.25 +/- on lunch once in a while (burger, fries, small drink off the dollar menu) is a tremendous help. Once the $15/hr takes affect, in addition to some fast food workers getting laid off, based on the Obamacare example Blutone22 was eluding to, you can say goodbye to the dollar menu, since the costs will get passed to the consumer.
edit on 9-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: network dude

I didn't vote for the idiot.
And I'm not sure we can last a few more years.

Surely you realize that if the idiot you voted for got in the same thing would have happened packaged under a different name right ?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Surely you realize that if the idiot you voted for got in the same thing would have happened packaged under a different name right ?

Objection!!!
If someone else had been elected we would NOT have been screwed via healthcare....

We would have been screwed in a different facet of our lives.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It's standard practice to pass along costs. the aca made those costs skyrocket and we the people feel the result of a bad piece of legislation. That's why I'm mad.
And when the wages go up, so goes the price of products. Vicious circle.
All these feel good liberal ideas will just cost the little guy in the end.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Objection!!!
If someone else had been elected we would NOT have been screwed via healthcare....

We would have been screwed in a different facet of our lives.

Possibly....the one factor that stays consistent is the getting screwed over bit....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

True dat! Lol

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can't wait til the smart republican candidate gets it. The first one to introduce medicare for all and fix this mess. That will be the next president. I have been paying insurance premiums since the 70's. I do not remember any year that the premiums did not go up and the benefits down. It is a for profit business, what do you expect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join