It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my insurance premiums are going up again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My wife got her enrollment forms for next year's insurance policy. The paper says there will be a "moderate" increase of 7 percent for the same coverage.
Last year the copay's went from $20 to $25.
The year before that the premiums went up.

So where the hell is my $2500 savings!!??
I was going to save money remember!!??

More lies!!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

wait, you actually believed a politician?

Let's give it a few years and see it all this equals out. maybe they just had a few math errors.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I didn't vote for the idiot.
And I'm not sure we can last a few more years.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Did you vote for Obama? I'm only curious so I know whether to laugh at you or cry with you.

eta, I'm crying with you then
edit on 9-11-2015 by rbnhd76 because: Thanks Obama

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rbnhd76

See above.....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I can't think of a year (pre or post ACA) that premiums did not rise.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

My wife got her enrollment forms for next year's insurance policy. The paper says there will be a "moderate" increase of 7 percent for the same coverage.

More lies!!

Yeah. I'm sure Obama is really really really upset about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

perhaps not, but I can remember a time when my insurance didn't cost the same as a BMW payment.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Overall, people aren't paying more for insurance. Here's a report by the Kaiser Foundation:

Premiums for single and family coverage increased by 4% in 2015, continuing a fairly long period (2005 to 2015) where annual premium growth has averaged about 5%.

So between 2005-2015 premiums went up an average of 5% -- and in 2015 (so far) premiums are up 4%. Not a huge jump there in the past 10 years.
Kaiser Foundation

Premiums are going up for some people, and down for others...so overall on average, Americans aren't paying more. It depends on your plan, your insurance company, your location ... a bunch of factors.

edit on 9-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

perhaps not, but I can remember a time when my insurance didn't cost the same as a BMW payment.

It shouldn't. I can't believe there are some people who are still clueless about this communist and his agenda.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm not going to dispute your figures, but I know a lot of people and have not heard one say their insurance is cheaper today.
I have been told by a couple of doctors that they are having a hard time finding medications that the insurance companies will ppat for.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that. Just happened at my work as well. However, mine lowered. Deductions, that is...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm not going to dispute your figures, but I know a lot of people and have not heard one say their insurance is cheaper today.
I have been told by a couple of doctors that they are having a hard time finding medications that the insurance companies will ppat for.
It's not that anyone's insurance costs have gone down.... it's that you are paying more to subsidize those who previously didn't have insurance. Very nice and noble of you.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

More lies!!

Oh that.
That was 'projected savings' and 'average savings'..... per family.

I heard on the news one morning last week that some health insurance company was posting a record profit... due to Obamacare.

Yay. (that would be a subdued and sarcastic 'yay'.)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And you can thank your insurance company for that. They decided to push their profit loss on to you. Socialize losses privatize the profits.

All more reasons to go universal.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So the insurance company passed the expense onto the customers? Wow.
Same thing will happen with a $15 minimum wage.
To bad our fearless leader is not smart enough to understand that simple formula.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

So the insurance company passed the expense onto the customers? Wow.
Same thing will happen with a $15 minimum wage.
To bad our fearless leader is not smart enough to understand that simple formula.

The government is not known for its business acumen. Remember the solar power company that got millions in tax dollars only to file for bankruptcy? The reason? It cost more to make a solar cell than they could sell it for.

Imagine that.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So someone already posted that premiums have been going up at about the same amount over the past few years, is it true, cause if obamacare hasent raised premiums more than previous years, that would really be more fake outrage.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

My own personal experience shows that rates have went up much faster than in the past. Thats for me personally hence the rant. Then factor in how the deductibles and copay's have gone up, it is worse than the premiums show.
I have not heard anybody that I know that has had a different experience.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rbnhd76
Did you vote for Obama? I'm only curious so I know whether to laugh at you or cry with you.

eta, I'm crying with you then

It wasnt so much Obama . He just signed it in to law . It was the unholy duo of Pelosi-Reid and should be called PelosiCare. It is truly offensive to blame it on Obama by calling it Obamacare . And no way is it ACA (Affordable Health Care Act) . Aint much affordable to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join