It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#plutoembargo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Something unusual is occurring at the Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) Annual Meeting. 2015. It seems scientists have been embargoed from discussing detail of the meeting. The below link just goes to the hashtag where people in attendance are discussing the embargo. Probably nothing Earth shattering, but interesting none the less

#plutoembargo
edit on 9-11-2015 by slip2break because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break
Probably nothing Earth shattering, but interesting none the less.

ALIENS!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I always forget this human aspect of freewill, do you have the name on the scientists

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Must be... lol. But seriously, NASA has really gotten very careful as of late in therms of disseminating information to the public. Over hyped press conferences that reveal practically nothing-- and based on people in attendances' reactions, controls on the use of social media during the conference itself. Its as if they just discovered that social media exists and are using some inexperienced PR guys.

But that is one thing that can totally be said about NASA-- their understanding of PR has not progressed much since the late 70s- early 80s.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the wisest thing is to portray it in the MSM.. World wide, give them the scene.. And let them explain

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think NASA needs to start being forthcoming about itself, starting today. They're only digging a deeper hole for themselves and their handlers.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
I think the wisest thing is to portray it in the MSM.. World wide, give them the scene.. And let them explain

Indeed. Emily Lakdawalla, a writer/editor over at planetary.org appears to be thumbing her nose at the embargo and is live tweeting it various items being discussed about Pluto.

*edit* As per Emily, it seems the embargo only extended to an earlier meeting where Pluto was discussed...
edit on 9-11-2015 by slip2break because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Im following this with interest

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Probably still arguing over whether to reinstate Pluto as a planet ...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
I think NASA needs to start being forthcoming about itself, starting today. They're only digging a deeper hole for themselves and their handlers.

They don't care about the hole, they'll just turn it into a tunnel and claim that they were always digging a tunnel.

The embargo, from a Public outfit is both childish and wrong. ALL information coming from NASA, regardless of what is to be announced, should go direct to the Public.
edit on 9 11 2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

That's my thoughts too, I think it's the 'planet ' criteria that some think is compromising, or perhaps just not thought out too well.

www.techinsider.io...

Ah well ! I may just stick in the video here,

edit on 9-11-2015 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break
But seriously, NASA has really gotten very careful as of late in therms of disseminating information to the public. Over hyped press conferences that reveal practically nothing-- and based on people in attendances' reactions, controls on the use of social media during the conference itself. Its as if they just discovered that social media exists and are using some inexperienced PR guys.

Newsflash: NASA Announces Discovery of Interplanetary Clickbait

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That is some odd news indeed. I am trying to think of something that would be worthy of keeping a secret from us lowly commoners... and I'm drawing a blank. I mean we all know it's cold there and I think it's safe to assume it's mostly ice on the surface, but maybe there could be liquid water somewhere (I mean if it has a molten core like Earth's then I don't see why it can't be a possibility, but this shows my ignorance of the planet's core. Maybe it isn't molten at all).

Even microbial life wouldn't really shock anyone. Hasn't NASA come out and admitted they found such life on Mars? I seriously doubt it would be anything sensational like ancient ruins from lost alien civilization. What I am left with, then, is the chance that they could be looking at something they simply don't fully understand yet. Something they all agree they need more time and data to analyze before they jump to conclusions, and announce something they'll have to soon retract.

If that is the case, then I'm glad they've decided to keep this under wraps. If, by some small chance, it is something sensational I would rather they have all the data needed to help explain this amazing discovery to us in a way that won't cause any panic.

Again... I'm sure it's nothing sensational.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: waarheid

The hashtag should give you a sliver of hint.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes , lets do it. Reinstate Pluto as a planet as it was for a long , long time. Just think , as is with a lot of bad changes, one person got it removed.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yes , lets do it. Reinstate Pluto as a planet as it was for a long , long time. Just think , as is with a lot of bad changes, one person got it removed.
It will never go back to being 9 planets because there aren't 9 planets.

If they did decide to call Pluto a planet again wouldn't they also have to add the other three confirmed plutoids; Eris, Haumea, and Makemake?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Gothmog
It will never go back to being 9 planets because there aren't 9 planets.

If they did decide to call Pluto a planet again wouldn't they also have to add the other three confirmed plutoids; Eris, Haumea, and Makemake?

I have to concur and yield to that statement. As a child I had a problem memorizing the 9 . To have had to memorize 12 ? Instant nightmare . Thanks for readjusting my attitude.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

Talk to the DoD.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Whoever put out this "embargo" probably didn't want the surprise news being spoiled.

I think this is what it's all about - Pluto has (or had) ice volcanoes: www.nasa.gov...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join