It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News pissing off Star Wars Fans (And nerds the world over)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: seeker1963

I am a Star Wars fan, and I thought the last trilogy sucked! Does that offend you too?

Pissed off, not offended.

Episode one, also pissed me off but Jar-Jar was just offensive.

I just think you are being a little bit emotional over this. That's all. Trust me! For a long while I envisioned "Heaven" as being a place I could fly around in an X-Wing fighter shooting up evil!
Yea! That was my vision of heaven!

The story over the guy that was dying though, that did bring a few tears when I heard that they were going to give him an early viewing!

lol you know the same thing happened with the first prequel where a guys dieing wish was to see it. Hes probably somewhere on the other side still pissed off.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Meh.

The verbal vomit reflects more about themselves than it does the rest of us.

"If stupid you are, speak you should not." ~ Yoda

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
You know guys you OG fans are too hard on the prequels. I was born in 85 so I did not even start watching u til a couple decades after release, and it did not grab my attention as a child. I was a teen going into adulthood when the prequels released, and they did grab my attention a bit, to the point I actually decided to give the original release a respectful viewing and actually got into it. The prequels got a new generation into the originals, which has helped pave the way for these new sequels.

I was always more of a star trek fan though, as my mind even from a young age was always more logic oriented than emotional. Part of the reason I enjoyed star trek better, and frankly still lean more on it. TNG's picard and riker ran the tightest ship and most disciplined crew IMO that most accuratley portrayed a respect to chain of command and military discipline.

Star wars has always to me just been space cowboys playing shoot em up with a very dramatic emotional appeal. I still find it entertaining of course, but just see it as less real in the sense of battle doctrine and chain of command structures

blasphemy, Heresy, Starwars heathen I shall cast your remarks out. Shame on you sir, Shame lol

Jedi knight order has chain of command and they had clones who followed orders without question or fear of death. Trek troops are probably the worst trained soldiers ever.

edit on 9-11-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

2 seconds after that blond bitch opened her worthless mouth I wanted to throttle her.....but then thats why I dont watch fox "news".

Certainly wouldn't touch such a shallow human being with my nerd stick...
edit on 9-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Ehh... New SW looks like garbage. Look I have nothing against black actors but it's kind of obvious Boyega was only cast for "diversity" reasons and that type of crap really should have no place in a fantasy movie. He's a stormtrooper which means he's a clone which means he should look like Jango Fett. So right there, they broke the continuity of the series.

Oh and it's obvious he's going to hook up with the white girl, again a liberal PC statement done for shock effect to try to break societal taboo once and for all. Again, should have no place in a movie.

This should be a movie not a political statement.

Bollocks

Utter racist bollocks

O and not all storm troopers were clones, by episode IV most were human recruits as the old clones from the clone wars had started dying off.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Something something DARKSIDE !
something something COMPLETE!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I won't lose any sleep knowing these people laughed at Star Wars, vague people should never be famous, or "wannabe" famous as they are.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is this what Fox news hopes to draw in the young go hards with?

Red eye? lol...

Almost as bad as that MSNBC lady that keeps a hologram of a service droid on her desk to remind her what good service is.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus
Wait, are you saying we are venturing into a zone-of-dark?
Isn´t there a cumulative word for this?

I think they tried to be funny. The blonde however, perfect example how to not raise your daughter.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Boyega was only cast for "diversity" reasons and that type of crap really should have no place in a fantasy movie. He's a stormtrooper which means he's a clone which means he should look like Jango Fett.

Bollocks!

After the end of the Cone wars the Empire started recruiting non-clone humans into its ranks its well established in the EU.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Ehh... New SW looks like garbage. Look I have nothing against black actors but it's kind of obvious Boyega was only cast for "diversity" reasons and that type of crap really should have no place in a fantasy movie. He's a stormtrooper which means he's a clone which means he should look like Jango Fett. So right there, they broke the continuity of the series.

Oh and it's obvious he's going to hook up with the white girl, again a liberal PC statement done for shock effect to try to break societal taboo once and for all. Again, should have no place in a movie.

This should be a movie not a political statement.

OOOOOOOOhhh Black storm trooper gonna marry your daughter hon solo lol ! Hon solo:What?? GET OFF OF MY PLANE!!

but seriously come on the clones died in masses, they would be like 60 if they aged normal which they age at in accelerated rate lol its in the movie watch. The clones had been made for one purpose over 30 years ago and the emperor is dead who created them! this = no clones

#2 "to try to break societal taboo once and for all." What year is this 1950 lol nobody cares if the black dude gets the white girl hell its all you see on reality tv. Ice tea and coco , Kim Kardashian and Kanye west, Literally every black athletes wife!

#3 yes its PC bull crap JJ even stated star wars needed more color! But he didn't cast one of the wu tang clan members he cast a british black man which is the closest thing to a white man as your going to get as far as black man go.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Is this what Fox news hopes to draw in the young go hards with?

Red eye? lol...

Almost as bad as that MSNBC lady that keeps a hologram of a service droid on her desk to remind her what good service is.

And nobody caught that joke!
funny very clever

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Take 2 screens and 2 players side by side . Play the following episodes as I have listed...reruns
1-4
2-5
3-6

Get the picture ? - Money

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Dont ya know?

Its a slippery slope.

First its black stormtroopers

Then you got a black emperor forcing soclized health care on people and cutting military spending to pay for it goddamit!!! Then funding "good" rebels when SHTF!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
double
edit on 9-11-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nevrmind
edit on 9-11-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Eh..Star Wars is for children Star Trek is for adults!

The original was pretty good but the rest just horrible plus it came off like some bible story.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Fox News is pissing a lot of critical, intelligent people lately because the network is not immune with intelligence. The bible thumping network called FOX NEWS is housed full of bullsh*t. The lovers of Fox news, is a bunch of dead zombies.

Meh...
edit on 9-11-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I watched about half of that, and quit, because the women there admit they have no interest in the movies. Why are they discussing something for which they have no interest?? Panels of that sort aren't anything but filler, anyway.

As for the hype, well...don't be mad, but as a fan, someone who watched since the original, I am sick to death of hearing about it! My older son is a mega-fan, and Star Wars is a daily topic. Too much!!! I don't want t hear how Disney did this and that to tick off the fans. I want to know the movie is coming, and maybe, if people don't make me sick of it before it's here, see it. Maybe. Every single day, everywhere you look online, is too much. It's like a DJ that would play a good song so much people gt sick of it.

What some panel says, though, I couldn't care less. Fan reviews are far more accurate.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's Fox news. They're smug and full of themselves. It's no surprise they would spend better than 6 minutes poking fun at SW fans. Must have been a slow news hour. I stay away from FoxCnnMsnbc. They're all the same channel with different hosts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join