It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News pissing off Star Wars Fans (And nerds the world over)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If you are a star wars fan or a fan of any science fiction watch this then tell me how much more you now hate fox news and every member of that panel.

Honestly this is just horrible and only shows how ignorant these people really are.

EDIT

Just wanted to also show this recent article about "Force for Daniel"

Daniel Fleetwood, a 31-year-old Texan who is suffering from cancer, had his wish granted to see the highly anticipated film on Thursday. His wife, Ashley, celebrated on her Facebook page when Daniel saw an unfinished version of the movie, thanks to the film's producers and director, J.J. Abrams. Disney Studios confirmed the screening

Link

Fox News just don't seem to get how much Star Wars means to so many people.
edit on 9-11-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The only one I don't care for in that panel was the blonde lady who's name I won't bother learning. Damn she was so full of herself. I think the rest of the panel was being mostly respectful, and the guys all had a loyalty to the star wars brand, so I don't see why to hate them??

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Did you watch the whole video they are all laughing at star wars fans.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

actually they are pretty funny and I'm a huge star wars fan. Star wars on VHS tape ah those days I miss. The blond is kind of a moron. How is it she is wearing hipster glasses and trying to make fun of nerds at the same time. And yes crying was a bit much for seeing two actors but we all know why they cried its because its the new star wars we all wanted to see not the one to make a bunch of toy sales from

ps I would also like to stick my nerd stick in the blond lady then never call her again and probably break her hipster barbie glasses on the way out while pretending to force choke her when she isn't paying attention
edit on 9-11-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Did you watch the whole video they are all laughing at star wars fans.

So what!!!

I watched it, and considering at least two of them to my knowledge were comedians, I think you are being a bit of a Drama queen to hate on FOX news for a bunch of idiots talking about people crying over a freakin movie. Christ, if you hate FOX news, you can sure as hell find better examples to hate on it than a bunch of comedians talking trash about people who cry over a movie coming out.....

I am a Star Wars fan, and I thought the last trilogy sucked! Does that offend you too?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good for them for calling people out for being infantilized. This is why we have such horribly uninformed voters. They care way too much about fantasies to concern themselves with reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Why are star wars fans so special that they can't be made fun of?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I watched the whole thing, and all three men are O.G. star wars fans. Let's be honest though, I can say with nearly 90% confidence that the majority of the tweets referring to grown men crying were not physically crying @ all, but metaphorical crying on the inside.

The only person that was actually making fun of those particular fans was the blonde. And it just drives home how full of herself she is when she states "I only like it when grown men cry if they are crying about me." As well as the whole nerd sticks comment and the fact that she started to receive death threats in regards to those comments, which she clearly does not take seriously anyways.

Now when the other gentleman responded "are you sure they don't just want to kill you with their nerd sticks" I get the feeling he was alluding to a whole different act entirely lol.

Overall, I think the panel was just having a personal and nostalgic conversation overall about the new movie and the fans of the franchise. The only one I noticed being malicious was the blonde.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I am a Star Wars fan, and I thought the last trilogy sucked! Does that offend you too?

Pissed off, not offended.

Episode one, also pissed me off but Jar-Jar was just offensive.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The day the last one of the next three releases the Force will become real and they will pay....Oh yes the power of the dark side will make them pay.
Feeeell it's power!!.

But seriously If Chewi dies man.....
There will be hell to pay.
edit on 9-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

"They do not understand the power of the Dark-Side"

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: seeker1963

Pissed off, not offended.

Episode one, also pissed me off but Jar-Jar was just offensive.

I just think you are being a little bit emotional over this. That's all. Trust me! For a long while I envisioned "Heaven" as being a place I could fly around in an X-Wing fighter shooting up evil!
Yea! That was my vision of heaven!

The story over the guy that was dying though, that did bring a few tears when I heard that they were going to give him an early viewing!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

ps I would also like to stick my nerd stick in the blond lady then never call her again and probably break her hipster barbie glasses on the way out while pretending to force choke her when she isn't paying attention

Na I would poke her so hard with my nerd stick she would fall into a Sarlacc pit.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You know guys you OG fans are too hard on the prequels. I was born in 85 so I did not even start watching u til a couple decades after release, and it did not grab my attention as a child. I was a teen going into adulthood when the prequels released, and they did grab my attention a bit, to the point I actually decided to give the original release a respectful viewing and actually got into it. The prequels got a new generation into the originals, which has helped pave the way for these new sequels.

I was always more of a star trek fan though, as my mind even from a young age was always more logic oriented than emotional. Part of the reason I enjoyed star trek better, and frankly still lean more on it. TNG's picard and riker ran the tightest ship and most disciplined crew IMO that most accuratley portrayed a respect to chain of command and military discipline.

Star wars has always to me just been space cowboys playing shoot em up with a very dramatic emotional appeal. I still find it entertaining of course, but just see it as less real in the sense of battle doctrine and chain of command structures

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The blonde can stick that space nerd stick where the sun don't shine.

Her Vapidity reeks of real housewives; Us space nerds are capable of stinging insults as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Let's be honest though, I can say with nearly 90% confidence that the majority of the tweets referring to grown men crying were not physically crying @ all, but metaphorical crying on the inside.

^This is exactly how I took what they were saying.
It was kind of irritating how they were making star wars fans sound but whatever, it's FOX news, F#$k'em.
Can't wait for Star Wars!

And now, back to thinking about the blonde and my nerd stick.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's FOX "news" so what did you expect? If it's not praising Jesus and whining about the war on Christians, feeling sorry about the poor rich people or kowtowing to the drama queen Republicans then they will make fun of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

This women judges an entire sci-fi sub culture and hasn't even watched the films or read the literature.
Can't get any ignorant than that Fox...

ETA

I realized now they're being facetious.. My bad.
edit on 9-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Honestly you know its going to happen! and its going to make grown men cry in the movie theater as if they had been 5 year olds being told Santa Claus isn't real. We all know the original cast is going to die in some tragic way. Its the easiest way for JJ to get people emotional. Hell JJ killed the main character in star trek for a moment! hon and chewie might live to see the next movie maybe. Carrie Fisher "Princess Leia" will probably die in the first film without anyone giving a damn. I really hope the ewok planet gets death stared like at the very beginning of the movie boom no more ewoks.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ehh... New SW looks like garbage. Look I have nothing against black actors but it's kind of obvious Boyega was only cast for "diversity" reasons and that type of crap really should have no place in a fantasy movie. He's a stormtrooper which means he's a clone which means he should look like Jango Fett. So right there, they broke the continuity of the series.

Oh and it's obvious he's going to hook up with the white girl, again a liberal PC statement done for shock effect to try to break societal taboo once and for all. Again, should have no place in a movie.

This should be a movie not a political statement.

edit on 9-11-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join