It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When The Millennials Come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I honestly have no interest in raising my gun against my fellow citizens.

But I do think the American people need to unite and establish the dominance against the political class that is rightfully ours.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Shhhh...Don't say millennials to loudly; You'll wake up the baby boomers.

You've gotta give credit when due, some kids have shown more maturity and common sense in 16 years then I have exhibited in 31 years.

While some kids have no interest in politics it's important that we encourage those who do as they are the future of governance.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: olaru12

All of these things will take time. While voting can be a tool to use, I believe that without literally holding guns to the heads of politicians, we won't get anywhere with them.

That's what I thought you would say. Essentially violent revolution or military coup...that usually works out well.

Sadly, this option seems the only likely scenario where change is inevitable.

The machine has gotten to large and it manufactures more problems everyday.

What is your solution?

To be honest...I don't really give a ****
Perhaps I'm a nihilist that projectvxn gave reference to. I do admire your idealism, but if you think a violent solution
will reap anything more than just continued violence...you aren't a student of history and very naive.

Or perhaps you deep in your soul want to be one of the controlling masters and motivated by a feeling of powerlessness.

Good luck with that...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Violence is a tool of last resort.

I will not fire the first shot.

But I will fire the second, third, and so on.

I am a soldier after all.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
To be blunt, I have more faith in most of the youth than I do for most of the elders. The elders are usually too invested in the status quo to be trusted to significantly change it. And the youth usually haven't experienced failure enough to give up on their dreams yet. Their optimism & potential are blessings that we should encourage & support, not ignore or break.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yea, I'd much rather sit around the camp fire singing koom-buy-ya and solve all the woes of the world that way, but I just don't see it happening like that. I asked them to stop making decisions without asking the public, but they just ignored me. I suppose I'll just leave it at that and hope it gets better on it's own.

Maybe if you asked them.......
edit on 9-11-2015 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If they can truly change things more power to them, but people in high offices are just puppets of large corporations.

Good intentions in DC are met with chuckles, threats, bribes and do this or else.

I hope you're right and the next generation gets done what most generations have failed to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I honesty hope for your generation i do. It seems as if the previous generations just crap all over other generations and make things harder on the upcoming generations.

I don't understand the generations aka generation x born to parents of the baby boomers but the time line extends from the 60-80 lol really like baby boomers are having children in the 80's yeah sure. Next comes the y generation 1980’s to the year 2000 ok So how if someone is born to two gen x parents can they still be a gen x them self if born early enough? Or are they automatically y generation? or are they just lumping people together in 20 year spans like you all had relativity the same life experiences lol.

also gen x time line should start late 40's to late 50's as they are the children born after WW2. children born in the early 60's to late 70's should be a different gen class. and children born early 80's to late 90's should be a different gen.

the y generation should be 60 and 70's generation or generation Obama lol as he was born in 61

edit on 10-11-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Technically I'm gen-X as born in the mid 1970's. However I can relate much more strongly to the millenials than previous generations. For whatever reason, I didn't have the luck to get setup during the boom times of the 1990's. (Was in the military then, before all hell broke loose. At the time, I didn't think there'd be heaps of conflict and went in as an alternate path for college when I couldn't keep the scholarship I had out of high school.)

Anyhow, my age and health isn't so hot now. But my attitude and thinking seems to be along your lines. Problem is I lack the energy to really do something. However I could offer support and experience to those I think are on the right track. Hopefully the youth of the world gets wise sooner rather than later and can do something while they're still able to.

As for revolutions? I think the revolutionary path has been held in check, as history shows how most have turned for the worse even when starting with the best intentions. How to make change work the best for everyone without corruption creeping back in and making the same old status quo again under a new guise? That's the real challenge for anyone considering that option.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Each and every generation comes sprinting out of the starting gate with high hopes and stars in their eyes.

Each and every generation becomes more liberal and progressive than the previous one.

And yet...

Somehow "The Man" manages to beat us down into submission.

The system wins, every damn time.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Based on voter breakdowns, 60% of those under 30 voted for Obama. We, as a nation, basically have the Millennials to thank for Obama, the ACA, the mess in Syria, $8+ Trillion in federal debt, never ending unemployment, the candidacy of Donald Trump, The Trans Pacific Partnership, an auto bailout that paid for factories in Russia, skyrocketing energy costs, multiple rounds of quantitative easing, the "Beer Summit," deteriorating race relations in America, Fast and Furious federal gun smuggling, and numerous embarrassing scandals. So please don't take it the wrong way when this almost a millennial himself says in all honesty I'm not looking forward to this generation taking the reins.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Based on voter breakdowns, 60% of those under 30 voted for Obama. We, as a nation, basically have the Millennials to thank for Obama, the ACA, the mess in Syria, $8+ Trillion in federal debt, never ending unemployment, the candidacy of Donald Trump, The Trans Pacific Partnership, an auto bailout that paid for factories in Russia, skyrocketing energy costs, multiple rounds of quantitative easing, the "Beer Summit," deteriorating race relations in America, Fast and Furious federal gun smuggling, and numerous embarrassing scandals. So please don't take it the wrong way when this almost a millennial himself says in all honesty I'm not looking forward to this generation taking the reins.

There you go, you hear that everyone. The Millennials are responsible for the entire downfall of everything wrong in this country. Nothing further to add to the thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Not everything wrong, just Obama wrong. No need to get emo about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Not everything wrong, just Obama wrong. No need to get emo about it.

I wasn't getting emo about it, just calling you on the crap you posted. I guess every issue in this country is because of Obama? BTW before you bring out your broad brush, I didn't vote for Obama.
edit on 10-11-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No, look again. I made a list. Are you going to argue that the items on said list aren't the responsibility of Obama? Statistically speaking, the voters 18-30 in 2008 (66%) and 18-34 in 2012 (60%) put him in the office for two terms. If you didn't vote for him, then thank you, I'm not talking about you. Look, don't get mad because people judge your generation by the actions and attitudes of the majority of that generation. Blame the stereotypes in your generation for screwing it up for the rest of you.

Hell, my own generation is nearly as jacked and stupid, itself.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Considering the deepening divisions that are being so gloriously embraced... I doubt quite seriously that there will be a single nation for inheritance by anyone.

While tolerance is preached, not a drop is displayed. Hypocrisy is the basic foundation for Millennials... at least, while they pass through this period of youth and inexperience.

Now, please don't get all angered-up... this happens to every generational cycle; they think they know everything. I know we did in the 1960s and then, awoke in the '80s to see what fools we were to expect so much while offering so little.

The same will happen again... at least, hopefully. The efforts that will be required to hold this union together may be hanging from their final thread, if at all.

To the young, I offer you a wish for good sailing.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think the conservatives should share in the Obama debacle. Why didn't they have a viable candidate with a winning platform. Losers always pointing fingers.

I think the Republicans enjoy losing so they can play the victim and whine.
edit on 10-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No, look again. I made a list. Are you going to argue that the items on said list aren't the responsibility of Obama? Statistically speaking, the voters 18-30 in 2008 (66%) and 18-34 in 2012 (60%) put him in the office for two terms. If you didn't vote for him, then thank you, I'm not talking about you. Look, don't get mad because people judge your generation by the actions and attitudes of the majority of that generation. Blame the stereotypes in your generation for screwing it up for the rest of you.

Hell, my own generation is nearly as jacked and stupid, itself.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who the president is. As long as the corruption continues in D.C. nothing is going to change. Doesn't matter if you have a republican or democrat in office. The end game has always been the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Can't argue that.

But, based on many examples I have had the pleasure to serve with, not all is lost.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

We, as a nation, basically have the Millennials to thank for Obama, the ACA, the mess in Syria, $8+ Trillion in federal debt, never ending unemployment, the candidacy of Donald Trump, The Trans Pacific Partnership, an auto bailout that paid for factories in Russia, skyrocketing energy costs, multiple rounds of quantitative easing, the "Beer Summit," deteriorating race relations in America, Fast and Furious federal gun smuggling, and numerous embarrassing scandals.

Are you implying that things would have been significantly different if Obama lost? Right and left answer to the same power brokers, so I doubt it.

Like most voters, Millennials voted for rhetoric; they just voted for "hope and change" while others voted for "not Obama." Of course voting for rhetoric is naive, but if prior generations had evaluated candidates critically and held them to their rhetoric, I doubt the Millennials would have even had the chance to elect Obama.

I'm a Millennial who never voted for Obama, and I'm glad because disagree with many of his most important decisions, but I think he will have a great legacy: the voters who have realized what a sham our political system is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join