It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Nocturnal Lights in Ireland -- from deesayshello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
[hope I'm not violating any terms of servive by reposting]

New poster deesayshello had a very interesting report he hoped to gather comments on, I relay it without further comment:

Im new to this website can someone tell me is there a way to start off a new thread?

I'm in Ireland and last night I was messing with a laser beam in the night time (as you do). The sky was completely clear of clouds or fog. The stars were more visible than usual. All of a sudden I saw a huge section of the sky light up relatively slowly (compared to a lightning flash). It was in the North Eastern side of the sky so I'm leaning towards the notion that it might be something related to the Northern Lights even though it is very very unlikely to see them this far south.

Heres where things take a paranormal turn. The night before I was at it again with the laser beam, running it through the sky when it suddenly shortened over a wide seemingly invisible object about 15 metres off the ground. I kept moving the beam over the area wondering and remarking on the strangeness of this. My friend was with me as confirmation that I am not losing my mind and we were both sober. When I shined it back in the area the laser shone on to infinity as though whatever was blocking the beam had moved out of the way.

Does anybody have any thoughts on these accounts as frankly I am lost for an explanation. Are the two events linked? If this was on TV I would say that the object was a cloaked UFO and the flash the night after was possibly the same UFO telling me to stop playing with that ridiculous laser.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
At face value it sounds like he's hitting patches of condensation [clouds/fog] as he scans his laser, which is ill advised if there's any air traffic.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Hmmm, just off the cuff. If the "cloaked" object is projecting whats behind it to the foreground, (that "Predator suit thing"], then what is in front is being projected on the reverse side, too. That would mean the laser would continue unabated to the naked eye.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There's a reason why you're not supposed to use your hi beams in fog.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
At face value it sounds like he's hitting patches of condensation [clouds/fog] as he scans his laser, which is ill advised if there's any air traffic.
Not just ill-advised. Its actually illegal.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

Not just ill-advised. Its actually illegal.

They are cracking down here. Had a pilot hospitalized recently for an eye strike.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
I know you´re just forwarding

The night before I was at it again with the laser beam....
...My friend was with me as confirmation that I am not losing my mind and we were both sober...

So at the first night playing with the laser, the quoted member already brought a friend to confirm if something would happen? While it´s the first night playing with the laser? Aha..

Edit: Or am I missreading this? I mean, he talks about the second night with the light and then says he brought a friend to the first night to confirm it. Sounds paradox.
edit on 9-11-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Aiming lasers at cloaked extra-terrestrial craft may be interpreted as an act of agression, and incite an intergalactic war.

Also it is dangerous to pilots of Earth based flying machines. And illegal, and silly.

I can picture the conversation on the bridge of the spacecraft.
'Commander, a lone-wolf earthling is using their laser against us'

Commander replies in his best 'Crocodile Dundee' impersonation -

'Nah mate, thats not a laser......this is a laser!'

Next morning a jogger discovers a hand-held laser pointer sitting at the bottom of a smoking crater.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Surely 15 metres height indicates something pretty close unless in a fairly elevated spot, but that's not given.

The other thing is that the Northern lights can be seen from Northern Ireland from time to time, however the OP just says Ireland, though I do think it's possible to observe them from down south too.
If the first night was Saturday, there were a couple of fairly bright meteors came in, one was travelling North to South in an almost parallel to Earth entry, bright blue, incredibly slow but short lived. That one was around ten to eight PM.

Just to add, despite heavy rains during the daytime, the night sky has indeed been pretty clear over the last few nights.

Some recent aurora info,

utv.ie...

edit on 9-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Think I read something about northern lights being visible over last week. Pretty lucky to see them there but a friend reckons they saw them in Yorkshire.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Considering the date...i'd say the strange nocturnal lights were probably (not certainly) fireworks.

Remember remember the 5th of November.

And yeah, the fireworks tend to start and finish about a week before and after 'bonfire' night.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am a pilot and I'd like to state as long as he isn't directly near an airport and unless his laser is long-range, he probably couldn't hurt any thing by shining it in the sky. Most pilots won't fly below 3,000 feet because of obstructions anyways. If I had to guess, I'd say that it was just clouds he couldn't penetrate. I've flown through some pretty thick over cast, and you can barely see the lights on the edges of the wings.

No mystery here

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't think people are reading the OP closely enough...

I think the primary point is the paragraph that starts out, "Here's where things take a paranormal turn."

He talks about the beam of the laser seeming to 'hit' something invisible 15 meters off the ground -

- that seems a little to low to be clouds, and if it was mist, I wouldn't think it would dissipate as quickly as what is described in the OP.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Aiming lasers at cloaked extra-terrestrial craft may be interpreted as an act of agression, and incite an intergalactic war.

Or it may be not. if a small laser can damage a ship or chase of the occupants then I doubt they would get here.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

eye strike

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Think I read something about northern lights being visible over last week. Pretty lucky to see them there but a friend reckons they saw them in Yorkshire.

Is that what they call them? Interesting. You may be seeing more lights. Stay tuned.

He talks about the beam of the laser seeming to 'hit' something invisible 15 meters off the ground -

- that seems a little to low to be clouds, and if it was mist, I wouldn't think it would dissipate as quickly as what is described in the OP.

QFE.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConMi27
I am a pilot and I'd like to state as long as he isn't directly near an airport and unless his laser is long-range, he probably couldn't hurt any thing by shining it in the sky. )

Just saw this today:

News choppers, airliners hit by lasers in 2 cities

Play at your own risk.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConMi27
I am a pilot and I'd like to state as long as he isn't directly near an airport and unless his laser is long-range, he probably couldn't hurt any thing by shining it in the sky. )

Just saw this today:

News choppers, airliners hit by lasers in 2 cities

Play at your own risk.

"He says the planes were at altitudes of between 3,000 and 4,000 feet." That's low altitudes, and near an airport. When I say lasers, I'm referring to the tiny hand held ones that children buy at the dollar stores and annoying their pets with (hopefully by not flashing it into their eyeballs). What in the world would any man be doing with a long range laser anyways?

new topics

top topics

join