It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert Presses John Kasich On His Anti-Marijuana Stance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Aazadan

I think I'd rather side with one of the Republicans who are deferring to states' rights here on this matter. There ARE plenty of those in the running right now, and most are doing MUCH better in the polls than Kasich.

Perhaps, but I'm not a single issue voter. On the subject of marijuana legalization I'm completely neutral. I would like to see it legalized as part of ending the drug war, but on it specifically outside of the war on drugs I really couldn't care less.

Kasich's stance is good enough for me when taken with his other policies. It's not perfect but it's a step towards fixing the drug problem overall since he's expunging records for multiple drugs if the users were non violent offenders.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I view marijuana prohibition and the war on drugs as an underlying cause of many of our other problems in the country that if we addressed would go a LONG way to correcting those other problems. So it is becoming more and more important to me that a candidate takes ending it seriously.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If that's your stance then the states rights candidates aren't helping to further that agenda because it's going to remain illegal on a federal level, just not enforced in some states, and in others they're going to continue throwing people in prison for it. It does very little to actually curb prison populations on a mass scale, and when laws aren't uniform it creates all sorts of interstate commerce issues.

States rights is the most generic political non answer ever. It's not expressing any sort of opinion on the subject, and it's deflecting any of the need to have an opinion on it off of the candidate and putting it in someone elses lap. States rights is saying that Californians don't get a say on what happens in Florida but it doesn't actually give any opinion on what action Florida should take.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Oh I know and agree completely. I would just rather support them over someone who is adamant about taking us backwards in marijuana laws. You know I'd rather stand still than be pushed backwards.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There is so much effort to legalize marijuana, one has to question the motives of the proponents and the influence the drug is having on such adamant supporters. I look at it this way. Any substance use/abuse to acquire an altered state of mind is not natural. The marijuana hive mind is scary. Before you reply and say, "What about alcohol?"...

Contrary to popular belief, there are people who don't smoke and have never smoke marijuana. Don't drink. Don't drink caffeinated drinks. Being one of those people, I see it from the perspective of a non-user. If marijuana proponents spent as much time and energy on issues that really matter, the country would be better off.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Freth because: Typos due to using my phone to post

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Colbert really nails him with his rhetoric too. Check this out.

"The problem is we have a huge drug crisis in this country," Kasich said.

"Is that really pot that's the drug crisis?" Colbert countered. "Lots of people are going to jail for minor infractions and it ruins their entire life."

"We don't do that in Ohio. We don't even want serious drug addicts to be locked in prison for their rest of their lives. We treat them and we pass them off to the community," Kasich said. "The problem with marijuana is this: We don't want to tell our kids, 'Don't do drugs, but by the way, this drug's okay.'"

"Isn't that what alcohol is?" Colbert replied.

btw. Kasich is a Nato lapdog. He supports strengthening NATO.
It is like the dire wolf that Whitley Strieber says he saw at his home.

And the Vatican has a secret observatory in Arizona called Lucifer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join