It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Republicans are revolting: They keep winning elections, and keep getting angrier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dont know if I can continue to read your post after the first paragraph because you did not acknowledge that republicans did not vote for the bill. How is that indicative of compromise?

link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Just another republican bashing thread.

Traditional American Values are looked upon as bad, though those traditions did the most to bring about peace and prosperity to ALL people.

But perverted lifestyles and drug use are looked upon as good, and all we see with this change is more violence, anger from the left and the liberals claiming WHITE people are the problem.

Perilous times are upon us.

please show me where the majority (and not just a few blowhards) on the left, claim white people are the problem?

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: IAMTAT

Again, the race issue was Salon's doing and I, in no way, mention race. Do you wish to comment on the rest of the piece?

Yet you highlight it.

I did not highlight it. T and C's require that members copy the title as it is.

Do you denounce it for being racist?

Sure. Now what? Are we going to discuss the real topic at hand or are many of you going to continue to push this race crap?

From where we sit, YOU pushed the "race crap" when you posted this article; an article that even you now officially denounce.
Why should anyone take it or you seriously enough to discuss it seriously.
edit on 9-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: Edumakated

Do you believe that there is no room for compromise on certain issues? Do you believe any Republican that does is a sell-out and must be ousted because they are traitors to the Party?

You mean like how the Democrats compromised on Obamacare? Passing in the dark of Christmas eve and using legislative maneuvers despite clear opposition? Oh the Republican leadership has compromised alright. They run on one thing and do something completely different when in office. That is the problem and the root of the grassroots anger.

The Democrats DID compromise on Obamacare. That's why it looks like a train wreck now.

There is a reason the states have largely swung Republican as noted above in terms of Governorships and local politics. Middle America is sick of what is going on. They can see the impact of progressive policies more clearly at the state level.

I'd say it has more to do with many voters being poorly informed about the political process; instead opting to let the media tell them how it works instead. After all, since when were anti-American ideals like shutting the government down and not compromising at ALL costs with your political rivals such mainstream ideas?

Compromise depends on the policy and who is doing the compromising and for what reason.

Compromise for the Republicans these days is "My way or the highway! Anyone who disagrees is a Democract, Republicans included."

Compromised with whom? Not one single republican voted for Obamacare. ZILCH. ZERO. You guys could have passed your single payer wet dream if desired and there wasn't anything the right could have done about it, but you didn't. Why? Any compromise was within your own ranks.

So libs are losing the states because voters are poorly informed. No, maybe they are very informed hence choosing not to vote for progressive policies. Our government has been shut down dozens of times. It isn't the end of the world. In fact, it tends to shut down after 5pm and every weekend.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

ever consider that there are plenty of republicans out there alarmed by what they see is happening? heck, up until bush came into office and I saw just how badly the party had been corrupted, I voted republican just as much as I didn democrat...because I was voting on those issues I though was the most important at the time. sometimes, the liberals made more sense, sometimes it was the republicans.....it was more a matter of just where that imaginary pendulum was at at the time. but, heck, bush and his buddies pushed that pendulum of mine so far right, it ended up in left field and broke it...so now I just support mickey mouse...he has the magic wand that can fix my pendulum!

edit on 9-11-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Again, the race issue is a fail on the part of Salon. I wish it was never mentioned, but the real issue here is whether or not certain factions within the Republican party is pushing the moderates and those willing to compromise out of the party.

So far it appears that the article was correct on that, just based on the comments so far in this thread. Am I the only one seeing this, or are we only focused on this race crap?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Do you believe that there is no room for compromise on certain issues? Do you believe any Republican that does is a sell-out and must be ousted because they are traitors to the Party?

You mean like how the Democrats compromised on Obamacare? Passing in the dark of Christmas eve and using legislative maneuvers despite clear opposition? Oh the Republican leadership has compromised alright. They run on one thing and do something completely different when in office. That is the problem and the root of the grassroots anger.

The Democrats DID compromise on Obamacare. That's why it looks like a train wreck now.

There is a reason the states have largely swung Republican as noted above in terms of Governorships and local politics. Middle America is sick of what is going on. They can see the impact of progressive policies more clearly at the state level.

I'd say it has more to do with many voters being poorly informed about the political process; instead opting to let the media tell them how it works instead. After all, since when were anti-American ideals like shutting the government down and not compromising at ALL costs with your political rivals such mainstream ideas?

Compromise depends on the policy and who is doing the compromising and for what reason.

Compromise for the Republicans these days is "My way or the highway! Anyone who disagrees is a Democract, Republicans included."

Compromised with whom? Not one single republican voted for Obamacare. ZILCH. ZERO. You guys could have passed your single payer wet dream if desired and there wasn't anything the right could have done about it, but you didn't. Why? Any compromise was within your own ranks.

So libs are losing the states because voters are poorly informed. No, maybe they are very informed hence choosing not to vote for progressive policies. Our government has been shut down dozens of times. It isn't the end of the world. In fact, it tends to shut down after 5pm and every weekend.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
They have house and senate yet unlike with Bill Clinton, the Republicans in power didn't even bother trying to impeach Obama! Duh that's what the tea party wanted . . . what a betrayal!

gee....the republicans in congress, when given a chance, won't impeach every democratic President??....I'm shocked I tell you.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think the last major compromise came with the "war on terror" followed by the "bail-outs" . Lets not forget how they all compromised for the NDAA and other issues like the coming TPP.

I don't think we can take much more "compromise".

link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Again, the race issue was Salon's doing and I, in no way, mention race. Do you wish to comment on the rest of the piece?

Yet you highlight it.

I did not highlight it. T and C's require that members copy the title as it is.

Do you denounce it for being racist?

Sure. Now what? Are we going to discuss the real topic at hand or are many of you going to continue to push this race crap?

From where we sit, YOU pushed the "race crap" when you posted this article; an article that even you now officially denounce.

I only denounce the "white" aspect. There is no need for it and I never mentioned it in the OP because it is a distraction from the meat I was getting at. You and many others focus on race, even after I denounced it, because you don;t want to actually talk about the rest of it.....or if you do you actually prove it to be correct.

Why should anyone take it or you seriously enough to discuss it seriously.

I couldn't care less if you take me seriously or not. That implies that I give a damn what people think of me.

My goal was to share this and try to discuss it. What I didn't expect was for many Right-Wingers to come in to this thread and so easily prove it correct.

Minus the race garbage, this Salon piece was spot-on.

link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Hey, the left didn't destroy Boehner, the right did. He quit because YOU guys threw him under the bus, not from the pressure of the left.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

I dont know if I can continue to read your post after the first paragraph because you did not acknowledge that republicans did not vote for the bill. How is that indicative of compromise?

Voting for something isn't compromise. Compromise is discussing what to put in and remove from a bill.

link   

I wonder why....../eyeroll

link   

So why did you bring it up????

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That's right! We will take a bow for that one....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just like I just told the other guy, compromise isn't voting. Compromise is what is done when two parties discuss what to put in and remove from the bill.

I feel like I'm arguing with a clone here. You make the same exact points as the other guy...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Hey, the left didn't destroy Boehner, the right did. He quit because YOU guys threw him under the bus, not from the pressure of the left.

Really
I did not realize he was destroyed.
No one threw him under the bus.
he was under there having a secret meeting with Obama
He served his democratic masters well and got out when he was good and ready.

link   

So why did you bring it up????

Because the Republicans had the Democrats compromise on the bill before it went to vote. By the time it got to vote, it was such a travesty that the Republicans didn't want anything to do with it, and the Democrats wanted to push it through for the sake of getting something through Congress.

link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Proof? Oh wait, you have none. That is all wild and baseless conjecture.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I wonder why....../eyeroll

Good question.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join