It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual cold & snow around the world, global cooling?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There seems to be a cooling phase of the earth's climate, which is the opposite of all the global warming predictions. Mankind may have some minute impact on the climate, but nature is the main driving force of climate change, and nature has decided to begin cooling the earth. Expect the coming months and years to see a wide range of ICE AGE conditions around the world. Somehow the trillions of dollars spent on Climate Finance have brain-washed a large percentage of the population that the world is warming when it is actually cooling. It's very impressive how widespread "global-cooling" denial-ism really is.

record cold New Zealand
www.stuff.co.nz...

record snow Nevada
elkodaily.com...

record snow Arizona
www.kpho.com...

early snow in Michigan
m.wsbtv.com...

more snow in US expected
www.accuweather.com...

cold & snow in Argentina
www.telam.com.ar...

early/heavy snowfall China
www.chinadaily.com.cn...
www.cctv-america.com...

This is all the tip of the "iceberg" if record cold and snow around the world in the past few years is kept in consideration. When any brief weather phenomenon might be considered to support the man-made climate-change "hypothesis" it would be all over the MSM. Open your eyes people! It's about to become a cold world, and no one is prepared because no politician is WARNING people, ignoring all of the thousands of scientists who know what's about to happen. Almost everything in the news is a lie, if not everything, and the truth is usually the exact opposite of what they claim.

Dress warm.
edit on 8-11-2015 by Robotswilltakeover because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Robotswilltakeover

No. Not global cooling.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This was mentioned a while back, and the pro gw crowd said "Its a part of global warming"

The entire earth could be covered in ice and they'd still say "Carbon taxes please"

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

This was mentioned a while back, and the pro gw crowd said "Its a part of global warming"

They did? Can you point that out?

The entire earth could be covered in ice and they'd still say "Carbon taxes please"
I'm not paying carbon taxes. No TV tax either.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's another one for the page. Record snow in Siberia bodes ill the NE.

The theory is that if the snow is heavier than normal early on in the fall, it will push the polar vortex down over the NE to make winter worse.

There is a theory about snow in Siberia during the month of October: If there is a lot, it can mean a particularly wicked winter in the northeast United States.

Last month, Siberia experienced record snowfall and the worst blizzard in a decade.

Above-average snow cover in Siberia is believed to affect the now-famous polar vortex and send bitterly cold temperatures to the Northeast. This happens when the Arctic Oscillation, a climate pattern, shifts.

This is a possibility even with the El Nino although that may make it interesting.

Above-average Siberian snow cover points to a negative oscillation pattern. But not always. And it is especially not certain that will happen this winter. Myriad factors, not the least of which is the strong El Niño being experienced globally, come into play.

Atmospheric and Environmental Research scientist Judah Cohen, who tracks the Arctic Oscillation and its correlation to U.S winters, wrote on his blog: “It is challenging to anticipate how the final outcome of competing forcings from the tropics and the high latitudes will influence mid-latitude weather.”

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why is it that you think that cold weather and heavy snowfall aren't related to a warming climate? Because they're cold?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

We have a record warm

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I was thinking to myself earlier how cold it seemed lately. Then I realised something.

It's November!

Of course it's cold. It's meant to be cold this time of year.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Why is it that you think that cold weather and heavy snowfall aren't related to a warming climate? Because they're cold?

For the same reason that every heat wave is absolute, incontrovertible proof of MMGW instead of merely weather.

But I guess now instead of having four seasons: spring, Global Warming, fall and winter. I guess we now just have global warming, global warming, global warming and global warming ... unless a skeptic points out that it doesn't fit and then it's weather? Is that how it works now?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

For the same reason that every heat wave is absolute, incontrovertible proof of MMGW instead of merely weather.

Who says that?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They did? Can you point that out?

I'm not paying carbon taxes. No TV tax either.

1: Can I find it? No. But I could tell you a name, it starts with Rez
2: In the uk its called a tv license, I have no tv and hence dont pay for a license.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

1) If it's who I think you mean he's also concerned about roving bands of methane blowing things up.
2) Does that mean no NetFlix too?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
For ease of explanation:

If there are heat waves, it's man-made climate change.
If there are droughts, it's man-made climate change.
If there are cold spells, it's man-made climate change.
If there are floods, it's man-made climate change.
If there are snow storms, it's man-made climate change.
If there are more hurricanes, it's man-made climate change.
If there are less hurricanes, it's man-made climate change.
If there are more tornadoes, it's man-made climate change.
If there are less tornadoes, it's man-made climate change.
If there is more ice in a polar region, it's man-made climate change.
If there is less ice in a polar region, it's man-made climate change.
If the mountain snow sublimates, it's man-made climate change.
If the lakes dry out, it's man-made climate change.
If there are dust storms, it's man-made climate change.
If there are micro-bursts, it's man-made climate change.

About the only atmospheric scenario that isn't blamed on man-made climate change would be a spontaneous vaccuum, and even then I think some people would try to make the claim anyway. There is an extensive list of other oddities

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
The third link in that list says "African Holocaust". The link is about a climate summit meeting in 2010. It mentions rising sea levels causing problems with islands in Africa. Are you claiming that global warming does not lead to rising sea levels?
www.urbandictionary.com...
edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

1) If it's who I think you mean he's also concerned about roving bands of methane blowing things up.
2) Does that mean no NetFlix too?

1: Correct.
2: No. In the uk, a license is only required to watch tv as its broadcast (live), anything coming from an internet source (is that Netflix?) is not considered live.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

If people say that, so what? Does science verify it?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
< raises hand >

Um, your Atlanta source is a little slow on the reporting. It snowed in MI's UP & parts of the upper LP in mid-October. You'd thinkif you were going to argue for global cooling, that you'd at least get the early snow time frame right...

twitter.com...

P.S I live in the LP. Everyone was unperturbed with the early snow to the north, because "It happens once in a while."

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The third link in that list says "African Holocaust". The link is about a climate summit meeting in 2010. It mentions rising sea levels causing problems with islands in Africa. Are you claiming that global warming does not lead to rising sea levels?
www.urbandictionary.com...

I claim that a lot of factors lead to a lot of climate changes. And I also claim I don't care if man is contributing to those factors, especially since I believe our impact is at most negligible. I also claim that any attempts to stop our negligible contributions to CO2 in the atmosphere are not worth the cost to our economic or energy sectors. I also claim our ever-broadening technology is doing more to provide cleaner coal/petroleum energy without needing to give subsidies to so-called 'green energy' that can be just as damaging to the environment in terms of mining and wildlife endangerment.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ok.
Just so we're clear, those are your claims and don't have much to do with that crap you posted.

My opinions are not the same. Except that improved technology will help a worsening situation. Pretty much the only thing that might.

edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sun October 18, 2015 two inches of snow Marquette. That isn't unusual, I remember a blizzard on the fourth of July in Hancock. Kind of ruined the fireworks because you couldn't see them.

Two inches of snow is just a dusting. A very common event for October. It is not even uncommon to get a dusting of snow in late September. Yes, it does get a little depressing.
edit on 8-11-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join