It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Sox owner launches new science site called STAT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

... That "someone" would be John Henry, the owner of the Boston Globe and principal owner of the Boston Red Sox.
The Globe is serving as what Berke calls a "sister publication" for Stat. Throughout the site's soft launch over the last several months, Stat's articles have been published through the newspaper.
Stat pledges to "take readers inside science labs and hospitals, biotech boardrooms and political backrooms" through a combination of breaking news, feature stories and investigative pieces
Source : CNN news story

The title of the article was one that raised my eyebrows, but the lead-in blurb to it offered a challenge: (rephrasing) if you're tired of seeing silly memes and nonsense on Facebook, improve the content of your feed by posting short and interesting articles that are fact-checked.

This is something that I've been doing on my own Facebook feed though I admit to times when I pass along the most recent Liberal Outrage Meme (because I'm liberal) or the latest cute kitty (because people need a cute break, darn it!) and because it can be hard to find short tasty articles with decent writing and decent investigation that make your friends want to turn to their partners and say, "Hey - have you heard THIS one!"

So I've put this one in my bookmarks and plan on sharing more articles if the quality holds up. I'm even considering signing up for the daily email from them.

Link : The STAT website
edit on 8-11-2015 by Byrd because: ooops! 404. corrected, i hpe.

edit on 8-11-2015 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
link is 404'd

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
But what does the site primarily cater to?
a reply to: Byrd

join