It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scuf Infinity modded controller, brief first impressions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I play a lot of FPS games and figured i would give a first impressions review on this controller for anyone else thinking of picking one up. I got the xbox one version of the infinity.

So there are lots of different options that you can have with this controller when you order it. You can go bare bones or you can go all out like i did.
I have the interchangeable/ swappable thumb sticks and D pad. With enlarged thumb sticks for precision movement, electromagnetic remappable control with 4 paddels on the back of the controller and adjustable hair trigger.

With this model, The 4 paddles on the back that can be mapped to any combo you want, unlike the previous version.
I was pleased and surprised that it didnt take long to get the hang of using them. Easy to use, no finger stretching and most of all - its very comfortable. Right now all im using for the back paddles is the 2 on the right. One is Reload and the other is weapon swap.
The controller itself has been textured. It has a No slip grip...not that the controller was slidding outta my hands with my original one, but its a nice feature.

Now the best part in my opinion - adjustable hair trigger.
Depending on the game your playing, there is different sensitivities for firing. Well I can adjust the hair trigger to suit my needs for each games sweet spot of fire rate. This is done with a very small alan key. Now when you order one of these, there is the option for trigger stops, but they are fitted and adjusted for only COD. there is an actual stop on the trigger. Meaning it will only pull back quarter of the way. So you would be buying the controller just to play COD with. So unless your one and only is COD, i highly advise against trigger stops. You will be severely limiting your game play with this item.

so far i have used it for halo 5 and battlefield 4. Both are very different games, but the controller and i dominated every round. With a quick adjustment i had my hair trigger right in the sweet spot and Firing close to twice as fast as i previously would.

This controller came with a bigger price tag, but it was built for me, how i wanted it, so i was willing to pay extra. But like i stated, you decide what options you want. Some might be interested to know, if you go bare bones and decide to upgrade in the future, you can send your controller back to them and they will add what ever you want.

Overall, i am very happy with my purchase. If you have the cash and your thinking of ordering up a scuf, id recommend it.
If you want to take a look at the model i have, check this link

scufgaming.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have just bought my Lunar White Xbone controller. I love the way it feels with the rubberized backplate and the grip design it comes with. It's not a huge upgrade from the default controller but it is about 20% quieter when clicking the RB LB buttons.

I grew up playing FPS shooters since the first Halo, and I don't get how PC gamers say mouse and keyboard are more accurate. Sure you can hover the mouse anywhere, but that is half the problem when you only have 8 ways to actually walk compared to full 360 degree walking range from a controller with a stick. I can probably outgun 60% of gamers when it comes to controller vs mouse.

But glad you picked up a Scuff. I hear they are awesome, but the controller I have now is already great and i don't feel the need to upgrade. I only upgraded to the LW because it has a headphones jack already installed.

You think you can post some pics of your scuff? Or did you not splurge on the custom skinned ones?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I got the xbox one elite controller shipped to me Tuesday but I'm not in town and haven't used it. The pros are you can remap the whole controller, interchangeable thumbs ticks and d pad. But the big thing is you can have two customizations on the controller at any time with a switch that instantly goes between the two. I'll update tomorrow if I remember. Also the majority of the inner workings are steel and promised to last for years, one claim is the thumb sticks will barely ware.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Hey lizard!, no i didnt get a custom skin. i left it the same black as the regular xbone controller. good idea on the pics. That way people can see what i mean about the back paddles. Ill take a couple pics now.

Edit: i took the pics, but everytime i click the button to copy my pic into the ATS window, it opens, freezes then my ipad kicks me out to my home screen. Ive had this happen last time i tried to post pics from my ipad.
I will post the pics in the morning when i get to my work PC!
edit on 8-11-2015 by Macenroe82 because: Updated

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes please! It was a flip of a coin between the elite and a scuf for me. So im kinda curious on what i missed out on. I chose the scuf just because of the hair trigger option. But the elite is definately an amazing tool!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Elite has hair trigger and you don't need a tool, and I like the paddle locations better. That and it's cheaper and you can remap all buttons and have over 100 configs with two on the controller at all times.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Anyone shopping though I would implore to go through this guide reddit guide scuf offers more physical customization options as well as improved grips and some pros are on the elite. As any smart consumer pick which one better suits you as both look to be great products.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Nice!

Trigger stops are a must for me.

Well I played quite a bit of COD back in the day.

Curious if anyone here played competitively?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Also if you play a lot of bf4 add me Sizzlinghorse9

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Elite controller seems like a good concept, but just seems too cheap in the long run. The controller tips are held on by magnets and has remove able hair triggers on the back of the controller clipped in and magnetized.

I mean it does sound efficient but for the price I don't see that it gives any real gains. You get hair trigger controls but it doesn't help your own reflex time. Something that is immensely more valuble than hair triggers. There are some games that can help you fine tune your reflexes for free in flash format. I have done this and I have seen a massive increase of my own reaction times even with a default controller.

If I were to get a custom controller I would go with the Scuff. There are many more options you can go with, but a bit more pricey and worth it than a competition only Elite controller. They both have drawbacks and advantages.

If you are a HARDCORE gamer that strives to be the best of the best of the best I would go with the elite. If you want some competition based controller that you want to be your own consumer made controller tailored to your own interests go with a scuff.

I have no clue what the scuff comes with but I know the downside to the elite controller is you are paying a premium price, yet still getting it shipped with basic AA batteries and having to buy another rechargeable pack added on for $25. I think if you are going to buy a premium item it should come premium out of the box with no extra charge to the consumer...but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Right on! Thanks for adding that. i dont regret my decision what so ever on a scuf, but a side by side comparison would help people make a well informed decision to see what fits their needs best.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Agreed, should come with rechargeable batteries. Wasn't thrilled with my 180 price Tage with the charging dock

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Any time, I'm sure your like me and did your homework. I like the physical customization of the scuf and the super grip and other options. Just depends who you are to make he choice but I figured in good ats tradition add some more links for those just chiming in so they can do quick homework, both are different products. Scuf is widely renowned and I won't be able to comment on the elite till tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join