It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Missouri Football Players Boycotting Team Activities Until School President Leaves Office

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
University of Missouri police arrest suspect in online death threats - Chicago Tribune

Hunter M. Park, a 19-year-old sophomore studying computer science at a sister campus in Rolla, was arrested shortly before 2 a.m. at a residence hall, authorities said. The school said no weapons were found. Boone County prosecutors announced the criminal charge later Wednesday and recommended that he be held without bond.

Park, who is enrolled at the Missouri University of Science and Technology, was jailed in Columbia, about 75 miles to the northwest.

The author of the posts, which showed up Tuesday on the anonymous location-based messaging app YikYak and other social media, threatened to "shoot every black person I see." The posts followed the resignations on Monday of the University of Missouri system president and the chancellor of its flagship campus in Columbia.

Of course, some will claim that this doesn't prove anything, either. Even while the evidence of racially based hate crimes continues to pile up, I'm sure that some will still joke about this and try to minimize it.

"Oh, he was just one kid. After all, no guns were found in his dorm room. How could he shoot anyone?"

Yeah, he was just one kid, and who's ever heard of threats against students on a college university campus being made good?

Another threat said: "Some of you are alright. Don't go to campus tomorrow." The message seemed to echo one that appeared on the website 4chan — a forum where racist and misogynistic comments are common — ahead of the deadly campus shooting at an Oregon community college last month.

In terms of the general conversation here: I have never claimed, nor do I believe, that all White people are racist.

We do have Constitutional freedom of speech in this country. We also have laws against hate crimes, assault and terrorist threats. The two are not mutually exclusive and it is an extreme assertion to claim that they are.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I didn't respond to this thread because I honestly didn't know the issues behind it, or if it was indeed a serious thing, but looking into it, I can now say yeah, it's a serious thing it's not like back in the day when a shooting was rare on campus, and if these young people, were complaining and getting ignored then they handled it the right way, non violent protest they could have gone gangsta but they didn't and it seemed they were on point in their protest.
Missouri Student Threatens To "Shoot Every Black Person I See"

After University of Missouri (Mizzou) students and faculty successfully lobbied to push President Tim Wolfe and Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin out, the victory has been marred by anonymous threats against students of color.
“I’m going to stand my ground tomorrow and shoot every black person I see,” one anonymous YikYak user wrote Tuesday. Another warned people not to come to class. Campus police arrested someone who they say was posting threats with multiple accounts to YikYak Wednesday.
thinkprogress.org...

Clearly there is a problem on campus and nothing moved until after Mizzou state's money got threatened when the team walked off the field, I saw a bit on Fox bashing the young folks for engaging in P.C culture and complaining about nothing, well what would they say when direct violence occurred these things do not come about in a vacuum.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

there is no proof that a student posted such.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Denial of the actual facts of the matter, including events documented BY LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT, at this point, on this issue, is ridiculous.

Hopefully no one gets killed here, because I'm sure that won't be evidence of anything either for some.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Spider879

there is no proof that a student posted such.

Really????.. then who the heck is this luckless wonder wrongfully arrested
Mizzou Death Threat Maker
Identified as 19-Year-Old Hunter Park

www.thedailybeast.com...
Go here^ scroll down.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There were several threats called in on the school and many of them were from outside the school. If they found a person that sent some threats then good but there are multiple other threats that came from off campus.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The imagined or real origination point of threats is not the issue.

The issue is that University of Missouri Students are being threatened.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually the issue is football players being used as pawns in a pc battle with the admin and whites.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Use of the term "PC" usually only demonstrates a disparate lack of actual facts and logical argument.

The issues at the University of Missouri are manifold; to make simplistic statements solves nothing.

Pretending to knowledge one doesn't have "football players being used as pawns" really only displays a political agenda.

We have had enough of political agendas; let's start moving toward solutions rather than bickering and misrepresentations.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
solutions to a person making threats at the school was handled very quickly by the police. No other incidents have happened that could be addressed by police. There were no incidents proven that started the pc whiners to begin to revolt and dismantle the structure of the university.

The incident with the person making threats was exactly what my comments about the kkk were about. This reaction is exactly the goal of the ones trying ever so hard to resegregate the schools. All these actions are steering the students in the wrong direction and breed hate and intolerance. If it continues then you can rest assured that incidents will increase by design.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The football players must've been boycotting this whole season from the looks of their pedestrian 4-5 record.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Police apprehend second person in Missouri social media threats

This won't make things better: Amid the tumult and protests unfolding on the University of Missouri campus, someone just after midnight Thursday vandalized a sign outside the school's black culture center.

It isn't the first time the Gaines/Oldham Black Culture Center has been the target of a racist attack. In 2010, two white students received probation and community service after scattering cotton balls across the center's lawn. Established in 1972 at the behest of the Legion of Black Collegians, the center was renamed in 2000 to honor civil rights pioneers Lloyd Gaines and Mary O'Fallon Oldham.

According to campus police, an unknown suspect spray-painted over part of the sign outside the center at about 12:48 a.m. Authorities are reviewing videotape in the area as part of the effort to determine the identity of the culprit, police said.

edit on 12Thu, 12 Nov 2015 12:05:59 -060015p1220151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
First of all even if 95% of the students are not african american or otherwise black that's not justification for treating them badly. Nobody deserves to be discriminated against or hated. The president should be reviewed and if any misconduct is found he should be let go or handed over to the justice system. If the president hasn't done anything wrong there's no reason to throw him out unless he voluntary decides to leave.

Hating against someone's race is stupid. I know it exists, I just don't understand why people go so low. I think it's a combination of things. Much of it probably stems from innate fear or insecurities. What does a person do when they feel insecure? Well they probably deny it. Then they attack or they react unpredictably to try to stop it. Or maybe they isolate and stick to the familiar, but that might not be possible.

Racism isn't just about hating a race, either. It's about people bullying others to be cool or to feel powerful. Others can empower the feeling who do not try to stop the bullying. It's a big rush for the bully. Some assist, like sidekicks. LOTS of people have grown up around that and it wasn't thought to be racism, but I think ti's similar. I think people who do this are psychologically distorted and bullying helps them compromise. A person who has a psychological issue can still seem mostly normal to others--and have a career and have friends--just like sociopaths or even narcissists. It's only when you dig beneath the carefully managed surface do you find their flaws.
edit on 11/12/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Hating against someone's race is stupid

Unless there is a serious change at that campus then the hate will keep spilling over and it will be justified unless they can clearly show why presidents get fired or forced through intimidation to step down then those under them come under the same pressure that stemmed from nothing proven other than whining. Imagine having to go to school everyday and find a group of students and curriculum segregating themselves from the rest based solely on race. It is designed to promote hate and intolerance and the students are being forced to accept this madness.

With the leaders gone there will be no order on campus. No structure.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
MISSOURI STUDENT BODY PREZ PAYTON HEAD LINKED TO OBAMA

www.breitbart.com...

Mizzou student body president admits to spreading false rumor KKK was on campus

Read more: www.bizpacreview.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
MISSOURI STUDENT BODY PREZ PAYTON HEAD LINKED TO OBAMA

www.breitbart.com...

Mizzou student body president admits to spreading false rumor KKK was on campus

Read more: www.bizpacreview.com...

Oh, that settles it then ... because ... "Obama."

Outside the right-wing echo chamber, what does the fact that a student leader has met the US President have to do with anything, please?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Was there ever a poopswastika ?

Has this all been an elaborate hoax?
twitter.com...

student body president who incited mass hysteria across the MU campus by posting fabricated claims of KKK people terrorizing campus and calling in the National Guard is also the person who started the entire "racism" ruckus by claiming somebody yelled racial slurs at him from a vehicle.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

twitter.com...

student body president who incited mass hysteria across the MU campus by posting fabricated claims of KKK people terrorizing campus and calling in the National Guard is also the person who started the entire "racism" ruckus by claiming somebody yelled racial slurs at him from a vehicle.

Why don't you ask the police who have arrested two people for making terrorist threats, for a start?

Why don't you ask the dozens of faculty, staff, and students who have attested that these things are happening?

Why not address the issue of why you and others here are so desperate to try to deny that there are hate crimes going on?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Inciting violence is the crime taking place there.

Those responsible for spreading rumors are responsible.

The only documented incidents have happened after the black students fired the staff and segregated themselves from the rest of the school because of color.

If one goes on a hunger strike it is best to first document the claims.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

twitter.com...

It was a prediction not an event.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join