It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Fireball S-N followed by Amber light grouping N-S Cincinnati 5 mins. ago.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I justnwent outside to view my little area but its too cloudy in south texas right. I suggest everyone go for 5 min just to see their areas lol

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: H34T533K3R
I justnwent outside to view my little area but its too cloudy in south texas right. I suggest everyone go for 5 min just to see their areas lol
I'm in South Texas. It is windy and drizzly. Nothing to see here but the coyotes.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Sweet man too bad we cloudy would be worth a check with these reports coming in. a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
As I said in a related thread (I'm in Ohio):

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I was on the highway about an hour ago (1 a.m.). I witnessed two separate occasions of lights in the sky that I couldn't really explain. Both instances were brief. It reminded me of a shooting star, only much, much larger. Eh. I thought it was odd, but didn't think much else until I got home and saw people have been reporting things. In any event, all I saw was the light shoot across the sky and disappear. Could be nothing, could be something. Definitely piqued my interest when I got home, though. Both instances were pretty much the same. Brief, but noticeable.

I'm in Ohio. I don't know if it's related, but it was definitely unusual. I'm not sure anyone else saw anything, the highway was pretty quiet. Both times I saw the light, no other cars were in view; the road was completely deserted, except for myself. I made a note of that at the time with a passing giggle, thinking I'd better not get abducted.

Less amusing now.

Edit to add: I was near Avon the first time, Berlin Heights the second. NW Ohio.
edit on 8-11-2015 by thektotheg because: Add specific location

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I saw a meteor tonight ... Sort of.

I turned around to face the house while having a cigarette. Everything around me lit up blue / white so I turned around expecting to see HID / LED lighting from a vehicle pointed at me.

there was a column of smoke the width of a pencil 4 inches across the sky, it was glowing blue and white, the smoke.

I'm in southern Ontario canada.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Does seem a meteor storm may be happening. They do happen here and there.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

It is not a story. That really is a rocket. I can tell. Stop being so gullible people. Man, you could shine a head light on a hill these days and people would think it is ET. Be rational, be logical, use your powers of reason and objectivity. Stop jumping like a little Mexican jumping bean to any pretty light in the sky. They ALL have a rational origin.

All this hot air and little fingers typing and tapping away in a frenzy has added up to...nothing. Still no ET and little green men waving hi!

You make me laugh.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yeah, your calls to deny everything really are more intelligent...

Oh, wait...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I seen a cat and dog drive a car once....

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'll go with the Taurids too since I saw one in the east at dawn. Was during my motorcycle ride to work on Nov 3rd when they just started.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Would a meteor shower produce lights in tight formation?

With completely different colors?

The Peekskill meteorite in 1992 (which I was lucky enough to witness) at times had a green main head, and broke apart into pieces flying "in formation" that were white and amber.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
In Anderson.

Dang. You used to be my neighbor! I'm out west now...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The formation was flying in the OPPOSITE direction, 15 seconds later with no spark trail.

My retired ex-Air Force buddy was over tonight and pointed to Wright-Pattt as the cause of the second set of lights.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Anderson TWP here, I miss all the cool stuff! >.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: IAMTAT

Most meteors and space junk are yellow/amber when they burn up in the atmosphere. There are on occasion the green, white, etc.

Well what is it, Taurid meteors or space junk?

The Taurids would, i would have thought, all be the same colour, being from the same debris burning up...there would probably not be a larger bright green fireball, followed by orange groups if the meteors were from the same debris as the minerals would be fairly consistent throughout the whole range, in all probability anyway.

Could be a coincidence i suppose, another meteor not from the Taurids may have entered the atmosphere the same time some of the Taurid's did...not impossible.

edit on 9 11 2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This thread is confusing. the OP states pretty clearly that the two groups were going in exact opposite directions along the same path. which in my experience is not characteristic behaviour for chunks of falling rock and in no way deserves such derision.

The only mundane explanation i can come up with is the remote possibility that two chunks just happened to come down in the same time in the same place, going in opposite directions... which itself seems odd because you would expect meteor showers to generally all be going the same way anyway?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Foo Fighters don't usually sport fiery tails...unless they're ejecting magnetically contained plasma at a target.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
This thread is confusing. the OP states pretty clearly that the two groups were going in exact opposite directions along the same path. which in my experience is not characteristic behaviour for chunks of falling rock and in no way deserves such derision.

The only mundane explanation i can come up with is the remote possibility that two chunks just happened to come down in the same time in the same place, going in opposite directions... which itself seems odd because you would expect meteor showers to generally all be going the same way anyway?

Newp.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I saw a green meteor on Halloween night/ early Sunday November 1st about 2:30 AM over Pa. It was like a fireworks rocket in reverse. It was green going down slowly and then flared and vanished.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

HMU for a drink sometime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join