It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You wrote QUOTE "...so Jesus ran around with a sword ?? I think you dont think. The bible is a spiritual book, why do you insinuate the Man of peace was violent, its insane. Jesus hurt no one but you take one verse and tell everyone its defines the book. You tell us we have to read between the lines, Why? To fabricate stuff like you have ..." UNQUOTE

I'm not sure how educated you are (judging from your inane post, I imagine you still must be in grade-school?) however I will try and answer some of your jejune statements as we go along as best I can, notwithstanding.

'So Jesus ran around with a sword?" - Maybe you need to consult the 3rd canonical council approved gospel ('according to Luke,' whoever he was) chapter 22:35-36 35

"And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one..."

So yes, the good Rebbe walked around arming his disciples with REAL swords - or do you imagine the slave of the high priest just happened to lose an ear by chance? Or from a butter knife left over from the Last Supper?

Nice Rebbes telling nice harmless parables as you would prefer to envisage 'ho Iesous' don't get themselves crucified between two armed seditionists for crimes against the State (breach of Lex Maiestatis).

Clear as...ditchwater?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Jesus does tell us to love god with all of our heart and soul and mind. The last part being as particularly relevant (mind) as the fact that this god has always been a war mongering mental case. This is the greatest commandment apparently.

So really, to have "god on our side" is enough regarding war and jesus is obviously fine with that. Strange how often that happens, could again be something to do with that "mind" part of the equation.

Then again, was jesus claimed sacrifice really something so noble anyway, or an ugly and pitiful instance of a weak sycophant obeying his egotistical dictator?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Jesus said

I have come to bring fire upon the earth
And O how I wish it was kindling already

Do you think I come to bring peace

No I tell you

I have come for division

From this day forward five in a family

Two will be against three

Three against two

Father against son

Son against father

Mother against daughter

Daughter against mother

Until man's enemy is his own family

Yes you are telling the truth some Christians

Know nothing of Jesus

Jesus also said

You will hear the sounds of war

And you will hear rumors of war

See that it does not trouble you

For these things must come to pass

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

"...so here's the plan. We're going all rambo on these mofo's. An army? No. Angels? No. We're bringing twelve guys, but only with 2 swords total! Yeah we're going to pwn these fools. Didn't you know in my lost years I was in Tibet learning super secret ninja skills? Hell jyeah we are overthrowing Rome by ourselves."

Why would he then tell his disciples to stop, and heal the wound caused by Peter? Why would he tell them that two swords are enough?

How does this relate to the sermon on the mount?

Could he possibly be subverting their violent tendencies. In the same way that the little apocalypse is him warning the zealots (used as a general term, not for the specific religious faction) that they will be burned in the valley of Ben Hinnom if they continue in their path to war. Basically he is saying "yeah go ahead and have your holy war, see how well that works out for you."

Yeah take two swords, that will serve you just fine, you'll really do well against that Legion.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

I am sorry sigismundus, try a study bible
You haven't a clue what you are talking about

Christ was fulfilling an OT prophecy

Don't think you can read one verse and understand the context, it doesn't work that way

Calling me names when you don't understand what you were reading

And sigismundus, Christ told them not to fight and healed the wound of the butchered ear when he was taken in the garden, well done you, you actually understood what happened after, now go back and see what happened before the sword
edit on 22-11-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6   >>

join