It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky above LA

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroGhost

Why would they be more forthcoming? Usually when a missile launches from Vandenberg for a test they announce it and that's about it. Sometimes they release video a few days later but there's never much detail.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks very similar to the Norway spiral from a few years back.

Think that was pretty much confirmed to be a missile, fits the profile.

Firm believer that if a technologically advanced civilisation was visiting Earth they would have flawless stealth and we would only know of their presence if and when they choose.

History suggests that most fields of scientific research are pioneered within covert military applications that are around 20-30 years ahead of publicly available technology. So if we have announced to the public a planned manned mission to Mars it suggests covert ops will already have mastered the science. My belief anything you see in the skies is engineered on this rock or a natural phenomenon.

Relics on the moon, life in the solar system, inter-dimensional beings, all possible but complete speculation just like the UFO and alien hypothesis offered by von Daniken and his followers.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I seen this here in Nor-cal..... From the angle of degree it appeared to come from the east and head off to the west at a very high altitude... was reading on different reports of were this could be a show of force to china, or russia... to back off... as the trident missile is normally used to deliver a thermal nuclear weapon... this could be very interesting over the next cpl days...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

WeAreChange Media is covering this story and reveals what it was.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

It was a Trident missile. But you're allowed to explain what the video says.
edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Now front page on DRUDGE --

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The ground was snow covered in LA last night?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pretty much this:

originally posted by: JimOberg
Now front page on DRUDGE --

I guess the title's says it all, so not much need to sum up the video. Video is there for extra- commentary for those who want to hear some extra info. No biggie

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They, meaning they who were responsible for this "test" (spectacle), were probably rolling on the floor laughing their behinds off because they knew what the public reaction would be. It's like that recent launch from Cape Canaveral which blew people away in Florida because the special effects of the launch were new to so many witnesses. They are showing their newer technology. I wager it will become commonplace.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie
The Trident II D5 is not really that new (1990). And what was seen is pretty typical for a rocket launch shortly after sunset.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I doubt anything will be "common place" anymore.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

In the larger sense I know what you mean because changes are happening at lightning speed these days and technological innovations are flooding the markets so fast it's mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wow, really? I'm surprised because most don't seem to be publicized when they appear that way in the night sky the way this one was.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JimOberg

The ground was snow covered in LA last night?

Good eye. The angle is also impossible for a launch westward from west of San Diego, you'd have had to have been on a boat to get this profile.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm surprised because most don't seem to be publicized when they appear that way in the night sky the way this one was.

Actually, they are.
www.orlandosentinel.com...

Even when people "know" what they are looking at, they don't know what they are looking at.

www.jpost.com...
nehandaradio.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Wow, really? I'm surprised because most don't seem to be publicized when they appear that way in the night sky the way this one was.

The special illumination conditions -- ground in darkness with black sky, while sun was just below horizon [east or west, sometimes north] to illuminate stuff a few hundred miles high -- means majority of launches won't ever be this spectacular.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Jim Oberg -- Thank you for that. I will remember for the next time one of these occur under the conditions you stated.
edit on 8-11-2015 by tweetie because: Added person's name I was replying to.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I kinda thought this thread had died last night? But I guess there is much more after thought going on now?
Ok I am game too.

What was this really? And why would they do this "special illumination conditions" knowingly just after dusk so that a major populated area can see this giant and I mean Colossal firework display that would again knowingly cause a viral calamity of conspiracy theory?

Seriously with all that is going on with China, Russia and the ME why did they do this "special illumination conditions" to be seen by so many?

I just have to wonder what kind of nifty fireworks China, Russia, or even Korea might just show off in the coming weeks?
edit on 11/8/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Note that the NAVWARN message runs through tomorrow night and was NOT cancelled after Saturday night's launch.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Why do you think it was intentional?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join