It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky above LA

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Dang you guys are patient! I, who had never even heard of a trident rocket until last night, could explain what happened!

Thanks you guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Where did they launch the other 145 times that civilians did not see?
Well, as the article says, in the Atlantic a least a couple of times.

Why launch at 6pm during rush hour? Why not 4am?
I don't know. Who cares?

YOu know what's funny? I would have been so stoked to have seen this, but here you are, acting all outraged about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Many of the 150 test launches occurred long before the Internet as we know it today. Even if hundreds saw them there was no real way to report it, unlike now.
edit on 11/8/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I MIGHT have seen part of it up here in Oregon. There was a pulsing light that didn't appear to be moving, but could have been heading west. It was right about the time of the launch.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I was in awe of it...I still am....but I'm also not an idiot being from Hawaii originally and not liking the military one bit. Not soldiers per se, I've known lots of great ones, including my grandfather, and he would agree war is terrible. 40 million dollars to test a missile that would be used to blow up and kill 1000's of people. Wow so cool brah! Totally reminds me of surfing and spreading da aloha! Not.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What do you mean you guess?

Do you know what I think...No I guess you don't, so you can't say everyone thinks it was something other than a missile launch now can you?

Do you know how many problems could have been fixed in Los Angeles with a 40 million dollar donation from the Navy/Air Force?

Do you like freedom?

If we didn't test those 40 million dollar missiles you would learn what it is like without it. The show of force keeps those who think they could takeover the US that it wouldn't be in there best interests to do so.

Think about how much worse those problems would be in a country that was easily defeated in war...not a good thought.

I will toy around with a conspiracy because that is why I'm on ATS, but the truth of the matter is pretty sick how much war financially costs and the cost of human life, and that it was displayed on millions of people's doorstep who in SoCal are interested in pretty much everything non-War related unless it's the classic rock band, or Dr Dre sampling it.

Yes war sucks, but I would rather know I am protected from other's who would definitely come to our shores for their own gains at our expense.

Gotta love the hippies.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

And both Russia and China have new missiles they just developed. Should we get rid of ours and use the money elsewhere and just hope no one uses theirs?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

1000's of UFO sightings occurred before the internet and people reported them. I've never heard of a famous old time UFO report being explained as a rocket/missile. Never. Usually Chinese lanterns, swamp gas, Venus, cloud phenomenon, ball lighting, mirage, plane, helicopter, etc...the cliche ones always listed on ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Those are also events that weren't explained usually. Missile tests weren't included in ufo sightings because they knew what they were already. They didn't have YouTube and people posting videos saying it wasn't a missile, when it was.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I've never heard of a famous old time UFO report being explained as a rocket/missile.

Perhaps you should read this:
www.ufocasebook.com...

Then read this:
www.ikaros.org.es...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

What do you mean you guess?

Do you know what I think...No I guess you don't, so you can't say everyone thinks it was something other than a missile launch now can you?

Do you know how many problems could have been fixed in Los Angeles with a 40 million dollar donation from the Navy/Air Force?

Do you like freedom?

If we didn't test those 40 million dollar missiles you would learn what it is like without it. The show of force keeps those who think they could takeover the US that it wouldn't be in there best interests to do so.

Think about how much worse those problems would be in a country that was easily defeated in war...not a good thought.

I will toy around with a conspiracy because that is why I'm on ATS, but the truth of the matter is pretty sick how much war financially costs and the cost of human life, and that it was displayed on millions of people's doorstep who in SoCal are interested in pretty much everything non-War related unless it's the classic rock band, or Dr Dre sampling it.

Yes war sucks, but I would rather know I am protected from other's who would definitely come to our shores for their own gains at our expense.

Gotta love the hippies.

You are really ignorant buddy. Arguing with me over typing everyone, get over it. You are denying that a good percentage of people think it's not a missile. Really it's all over the net...No one is going to come to our shores except refugees. Stop living in fear. Freedom...we have the largest prisons in the world. Our privacy is gone so we are not truly free.

Pearl Harbor and 9/11....40 million dollar missile would have done nothing. Especially a long range missile to protect our shores? How does that work, than we would just be bombing our enemies shores and it would just be a little war game played by TPTB killing 100's and 1000's of soldiers and civilians and that sounds like a positive thing for you?

So WW3 would be fought with long range missiles flying over the pacific and atlantic? What would we do then?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

China and Russia could also not spend so much money on war. There is a lot of poverty in Russia and China.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And they still have missiles that could easily wipe us out if they choose to. So what would you do? Have the missiles, and use MAD to keep things in check, or get rid of our missiles and rely on their good intentions?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That is what I'm asking what would people do if a missile was fired at a city? Would they even make an announcement to evacuate? Or would we all be doomed?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

And having the missiles limits that possibility. Both Russia and China know that if they launch on us then we launch on them and no one wins. Remove our missiles and that goes away. It sucks, but it's worked this long.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

1000's of UFO sightings occurred before the internet and people reported them. I've never heard of a famous old time UFO report being explained as a rocket/missile. Never. Usually Chinese lanterns, swamp gas, Venus, cloud phenomenon, ball lighting, mirage, plane, helicopter, etc...the cliche ones always listed on ATS.

Boasting of your ignorance is a tricky way to promote a point of view. Rocket launchings, fuel dumps, reentries, and other activities have sparked major UFO reports around the world for decades. How many examples do you want?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No time to evacuate.
But we could get under our desks.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Test Missle launched from Edward's AFB.

Aaah, I see. One of those peace loving, slow motion, feel free to get the hell out of the way, missiles. They're very effective.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm born and raised an live in Los Angeles, and usually near ports or Naval Bases most of my life.

Looks like every missile test I've seen.

*shrugs*

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here is the whole sequence I shot. Just found it from 1999, not 98.

The conical shape of the expelled and ignited propellant is consistent with the shape and angle of the thrust chamber nozzle extension of a rocket. Any other object would be different and random. So it was by the evidence a rocket/missile.
A meteor would have been many times faster, even a fireball or Bolide and would have no fan tail.
A comet would be stationary in the sky for days or weeks, and brightness would vary over many hours at most.

The blue tail of a comet is ionized gasses the white is dust reflecting sunlight.

If a comet impacted our atmosphere it might look like this image a friend and colleague Don Davis did for the Tunguska impact.

The blue tail we see in last nights missile are released propellant component gasses being ionized by solar and space born radiation or energetic particles. Much like electrodes in a florescent bulb send electrons through the glass tube filled with gasses and make them glow. Different types of gasses will release different frequencies of photons from the atomic collision of an enegetic particle (electron to X-Ray) Deep space nebula glows from this too if not reflecting star light.

I've seen many launches of rockets doing Barium releases, and have been at Vandenberg AFB for the last Titan launch several years ago. After a while you can identify rockets from any distance and angle.

So if we know it's a rocket, launched from a sub out to sea the view would be far and wide, accounting for the vast area of reports. What interests me is what the launch was for, if not some emergency response to something in orbit or on approach.

If just a test like they say they could be more forthcoming, but I haven't seen the news yet this morning. I usually go to Spaceweather.com or Space.com first. In this case NAVY.com might be a place for their PR dump.

ZG

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join