It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's bid to save the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: butcherguy

So then, what did you mean? And please, take the time to properly punctuate so we can understand.

See my edit above.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You're unclear on the point I make seems like. He got a lot right - and he definitely didn't get there by himself. He's not the most popular guy, but credit where credit is due

Things are changing - not the least of which is the politics on climate science. Poor old Al was a lone political voice out there in the wilderness back in the day

Obama is - in the last lame duck days of his presidency - setting some things up that won't be so easy to knock over in our near future

Tough nuggies for some folks - breaks my heart

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
He was never concerned about the welfare of the country he was elected to govern in the highest office of the land. And silly ignorant people charged the Tea Party with racism and nothing could be further from the truth. Any Patriot could see what is going on from the start. Even the Prez himself declared he was a citizen of the world....

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It is the Elites in general who want this Climate Change garbage. They are in every country. O is nothing special.

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Not so unclear as not caring. He is a lying politician, all of them are liars.
I don't care. I would prefer that agw is true, I will pay less for heat in the winter.
Grandchildren? Let them pay less for heat too.

link   
The question mark was there.
If you were not claiming that Gore said the poles would be ice free, right now, what were you saying?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Doing something about climate change is better than denying it exists

No one is denying climate change exists....we are just saying it's not anthropogenic. See Burdman's post which I duly agree.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The question mark was there.
If you were not claiming that Gore said the poles would be ice free, right now, what were you saying?

I was asking a question, hence the question mark.

I remember a thread from yesterday where some poster was pretty clear about what they were saying and played parsing and semantic games to deny what they really said. You may not remember it, but you should. I wasn't involved in it, other than to read it.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

One of the reasons Obama rejected the Keystone pipeline was because he's headed to the HUGE global warming conference in Paris where climate change fanatics will meet up and try to figure out the ways they can control people's lives in the name of saving the planet.

Actually they wanted it to go through the most pristine areas of our country, one being Indian land that they had no right to trespass on and they were also held up by many more land owners who did not want it going through their land. They could have routed it better and not pissed off half the country. If it did pass we would have seen a huge battle on the Indian land. Many of us would have helped them in that fight as well. Its about as dumb as letting BP putt an oil rig on Clearwater beach.

I am with you on the environmental nuts though, they are dangerous just like terrorist because they never think for themselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ok. Then to answer your question: no, Gore did not predict that the poles would be ice free, right now.
edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think you're wasting your time. We're not dealing with people that are actually interested in the well-being of the environment

That's not true. Some of us just don't think global warming is caused anthropogenically and we see that you will not do anything by taxing people while flying around in your personal jets because you feel entitled to use more because you bought carbon credits on a scheme you developed....speaking of Gore of course. (not to mention the fact that it was originally called global warming because co2 was supposed to warm the planet over a sustainable level but when the sun cycles caused a cooling they realized that their idea didn't work so they changed it to climate change trying to convince us that now the rise in co2 was causing extremes of temperature. talk about fudging a theory to suit your political agenda. Agenda 21 anyone?)
edit on 8-11-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I like to think its about Warren Buffet and his trains. He stands to make some good money delivering crude by way of rail. That's what I found looking around online.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Free yourself from the beliefs that the data you trust is not, and can not be played with, cajoled, and misused contextually because scientifically trained minds are reading it.

The training is very clear, do NOT do anything outside of what we TRAIN you to do.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Obama save the world? From what? Jobs, a good economy, ISIS, Iran, terrorists, loss of freedom, etc.? I think he is much more the enemy than any one that will save anything. Hell...he can't even save his presidency and will go down as the biggest loser of a "president" ever. Voted in by black racists with lots of hope and very little intelligence.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We might be able to stop it. Science may've not found a way yet, but that's surely not labeled as an impossibility. With advancements in research, we'll find a way.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Please stop. You are using the oldest and most commonly used tactic-shouting louder than those who challenge their viewpoint.

Right or wrong, we can't sit on our hands any longer. Forget the graphs for a minute; anyone who believes that humanity has not had a detrimental effect on our planet is an idiot. We can argue about facts and figures till the cows swim home but the truth is we are killing our home, and evidence suggests that we are unnaturally accelerating what should be a natural process.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
If Obama found the cure for cancer, R.Paul would start a filibuster; Ted Cruz would file an appeal, and they'd take it to the Supreme Court to have the cure ousted. People on ATS would make multiple threads accusing him of ruining our lives.

Welcome to the 21st century.

If Obama was caught spreading cancer somehow, you would defend it.

I can see it now......"oh there are so many starving, unwanted people....that beautiful man Obama, he's just as wonderful as Margaret Sanger !"

Nobel # 2, coming right up !

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

I read a great description of enviro whackos once - "All they need is to be told that they are part of "SAVING THE WORLD".

Doesn't matter if they don't even slightly understand the issues or topic, whether it's the most inane, vapid foolishness ever devised, or even an obvious lie / joke, for all to see.

No, all they need is to be able to tell people "wheeee I'm saving the world".

Of course the nastier ones will double down and kill / maim loggers, and so on. But the basis is the abject childishness of being a "super duper world saver !!".

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ok. Then to answer your question: no, Gore did not predict that the poles would be ice free, right now.

Al Gore spread the propaganda of an ice free north pole. I'd call that a prediction. You can dance around it all you like and try to claim otherwise.

Gore said that on Sept. 21, 2007, "scientists reported with unprecedented alarm that the North Polar icecap is, in their words, 'falling off a cliff.' One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week warns that it could happen in as little as seven years, seven years from now."

A 2007 prediction that summer in the North Pole could be “ice-free by 2013” that was cited by former Vice President Al Gore in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech has proven to be off… by 920,000 square miles.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You're right, we are killing our home, by one simple thing...overpopulation. What do you suggest we do to combat that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join