It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Enlightenment' Revisited - A Small Book With A Large Meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hi there ATS, I came across something a few weeks ago and I am compelled to share it here. It's a short book, and I found it absolutely mind-blowing. It's a quick read. I would like to request that all posters on this thread please read it first before commenting.

"The Enlightenment Part 0: A Handbook On Illusion" by D. Alan Holmes (1982)

2 free pdf links to the entire book-

projectavalon.net...

americannationalmilitia.com...

First, a few notes on the author...There never was a sequel, or part 1, or any other book published by the guy. He does appear to have early links to Scientology, but was apparently ex-communicated (or whatever they call it) around the time of the book's publishing. This could have been because the book did not follow their guidelines, but that is my speculation. In the liner notes he says "In Tribute To Zeus, Gautama Siddhartha, Jesus Christ, L. Ron Hubbard" is that really a tribute, or just a jab at Hubbard? I found some links to Scientology lists of Suppressive Persons from the time period, but the pages that contain the lists of names that start with the letter H are scrubbed.

Here is an interesting link from a June 2, 1982 NYT article when the book was released- www.nytimes.com...

Now, about the book. I must say it has really changed my outlook on things, some very strong concepts you have to accept first though. First would be that YOU control everything around you, everything. You have merely forgotten how to tap back into that control.

Secondly, the "spirit" or " soul" or whatever you want to call it is trapped inside of your body, and this is only temporary, and YOU put yourself there when eons ago, you decided to take this test or play this game.

(The pic above is not from the book, it is meant to represent how I feel about it)

As a means of brief synopsis, some quotes from Talawanda, the "magician" in the book:

My friends, I am afraid you are really much more powerful than you ever imagined. You are truly magicians, because you have succeeded in convincing even yourselves that this world is not an illusion.

I never took this illusion you call "reality" as seriously as apparently you have.

While you were busy "facing reality" I preferred to fabricate my own. While you were busy inventing interesting new handicaps to inflict upon yourselves, I was watching from another universe. This is why I am able to have things come and go as I please.

Remember, as a man thinketh, so be it unto him. Do you know what that means? It means that if you believe strongly enough about something, it will happen for you, and possibly for others, if your belief is strong enough. But, instead of exercising your power of belief, you have allowed yourself to be convinced of a million things, that is why you're in such trouble today.

And finally:

MY DEAR ALANA,
IF IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED, IT EXISTS.
YOU CANNOT EXPERIENCE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST.
IF YOU ABSORBED HALF OF WHAT I HAVE TAUGHT YOU,
THEN A MIRACLE HAS INDEED OCCURRED.
FOREVER,
TALAWANDA

There was a thread on this book here on ATS a few years ago, it can be found here- www.abovetopsecret.com... And, in that thread, it appears that the man who did the illustrations for the book, Charles Wildbank, actually made an account on ATS, just to reply to the thread --->www.abovetopsecret.com..., very interesting!

Anyways, please share this book if you find it of great value, as I have.

Thoughts?

edit on 7-11-2015 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Flag and all that other things I'm just gonna come back later and search for the book so I make a post about nothing so I don't forget

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have been getting this funny thought more and more lately when I see books like this, or hear people shouting from the rooftops about certain ideas. Ideas that I am very much in agreement with.

Have you ever wanted to see a movie only to have someone spoil the ending or a major plot line either on purpose or by accident? How did you respond, have you ever lost interest or get upset because of it?

Pondering over this illustration and tying it into "enlightenment", I can see why it isn't exactly mainstream, those who "get it" don't want to spoil the surprise detract from the experience of now. That, and maybe they don't want the rest of the world looking at them like a bunch of loonies.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It wasn't long so I read it.

From your description I was expecting to learn something new.

But its just the same ole same ole- we choose to come here and forget. We have past lives. The magician is a god who is all powerful and all knowing.

There's 10 minutes I'll never get back.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Sorry you feel that way.

I was thinking the magician was just like us, only awake and sharing knowledge.

Provides an alternative to evolution, or dinosaurs, for example.

Imagine if one could escape this and then look back at it, it's intriguing.

Could be a load of crap too, I suppose, either way
edit on 7-11-2015 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What do you mean provides an alternative to evolution or dinosaurs?

We do escape this. I don't know if at that point we could look back- some believe we can.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The book infers we created the dinosaurs ( and all creatures ) as an attempt to use them as a sort of avatar to reside in to play the game. We kept improving it until we arrived at man.

This is my take, anyway...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Oh that's right. I remember the dinosaur pics now.

I've been blown away by stuff in the past. When I read 'Conversations with God' my mind was blown.

15 years on and I'm an atheist. But to anyone looking for a god- I would recommend Neale Donald Walsch's because he was cool

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

The book infers we created the dinosaurs ( and all creatures ) as an attempt to use them as a sort of avatar to reside in to play the game. We kept improving it until we arrived at man.

This is my take, anyway...

In Beowulf, the monster "Grendel" is purported to be a creation of Cain. The description of Grendel reminds me of a very familiar creature:

"...the sharpest and hardest iron could not scratch at his skin..."

"Human Eyes were watching his evil steps,
Waiting to see his swift hard claws.
Grendel snatched at the first Geat
He came to, ripped him apart, cut
His body to bits with powerful jaws,
Drank the blood from his veins and bolted
Him down, hands and feet; death
And Grendel's great teeth came together,
Snapping life shut. "

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

Have you ever wanted to see a movie only to have someone spoil the ending or a major plot line either on purpose or by accident? How did you respond, have you ever lost interest or get upset because of it?

Pondering over this illustration and tying it into "enlightenment", I can see why it isn't exactly mainstream, those who "get it" don't want to spoil the surprise detract from the experience of now. That, and maybe they don't want the rest of the world looking at them like a bunch of loonies.

Exactly.
edit on 7-11-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this book.

Imo, Mr. Holmes did a great job tying together the ideas in a simple, easy to read story. His writing here, reminds me of an episode of the shows Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone.

I can relate to the story. The part about being out there in the stars, and then coming here to play a game reminded me about some dark nights. In the depths of melancholy, I have felt like giving up. That's natural, but I felt a strange urge for more space. Outer space, lol. The body being the tomb of the soul, forcing me to explore healthier ways of "space" travel.

Thanks Signals
edit on 8-11-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spacing

top topics

join