It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI agent guilty of assault after shoving teen to ground, threatening him with gun (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is another story of some POS with a badge and an authority complex bullying people and of course using his "authority" to arrest people when they piss him off.

Appears he is "friends" with a woman who has to deal with custody or visitation. The "Father" seems to have been a bit late and the FBI "agent" decides that this is "disrespectful" and decides he is going to throw his weight around and escalate the situation. He won't just let them leave, he has to follow them out of the building, into the street and harass them (smugly saying "go ahead, call the police")

Just FYI. I had someone ask if I was anti-cop or something, not really, I have issues with people who abuse their authority. This is prime example and I am glad he is being charged with "something" though I doubt it will impact him in any way.

www.nydailynews.com...

BY Melissa Chan
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

A veteran FBI agent who was caught on camera shoving a 15-year-old boy to the ground and threatening the teen with his gun has been found guilty of assault.

Gerald John Rogero, 45, was off-duty last December when he meddled into a Maryland family's dispute over a child custody drop-off.

The agent, who knew one of the family members involved, was rebuking a man for being late to drop off his child when a teenager confronted him for intruding.

Rogero forcibly pushes the teen in the chest, sending him flying backwards, according to video repeatedly shown to jurors on Tuesday.

The two then grapple before Rogero whips out his service weapon and orders the teen to lie on the ground.

"If I have to shoot you, I will. Don't make me shoot you," the beefy agent says. "Get on the ground."

Rogero, a chief in the FBI counter-terrorism unit, was found guilty of second-degree assault but was acquitted of first-degree assault and use of a handgun in the commission of a felony, WUSA 9 reported.

The 20-year agent is still on active duty while the FBI internally reviews the incident, the agency said. He's set to be sentenced on Jan. 20.

During the encounter, Rogero repeatedly insists it's his business to butt in on the family dispute because one of the relatives involved is his friend.

"I'm in my capacity 24 hours a day," he can be heard saying. "You want to put your hands on me, you want to threaten me, that's fine. If you step in my personal space, that's an assault."

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This YouTube comment sums it up perfectly

The more I think about this the more I realize that this cop was the only armed person and he was the most unstable. He needs to be unemployed and in jail. This family should sue him for rights violations.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is a grade A power trip.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bully with a badge. Twice the kids size and he still needed to pull his gun out, how freaking typical. Here G-man have a medal

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Trying to make up for what he lacks in manhood.
Elevate your "capacity" dimwit.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Gee...think he and 'Mom' are still "friends"?
Asshat,

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I saw this the other day. What an ass! Seriously! The situation had absolutely nothing to with him but, he injected himself into the families issues anyway.

Why? To what end? To scare the father never to be late again? Makes no sense.

The way I understand it, his girlfriend was friends with the mother so, why did he feel the need to involve himself.

Maybe....maybe if his girlfriend was the mother it would make sense why he got involved but, even then, its not his damn child. Butt the hell out!

When he took his gun out, it made my blood boil.
edit on 7-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hes probably going to get a promotion for protecting america.
edit on 7-11-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

When he pointed the gun directly at the kid was the really bad point. Makes you wonder if he thought he could get away with killing him right then and there. (I was in fear for my life.....)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

When he pointed the gun directly at the kid was the really bad point. Makes you wonder if he thought he could get away with killing him right then and there. (I was in fear for my life.....)

Yep, that was horrible.

It was bad enough that he pushed the kid but,to pull out his weapon? WTH!

I felt so bad for the kid. Did you see how fast he went to the ground when the gun was pulled? He was actually in fear for his life for real. Rightly so too.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Hes probably going to get a promotion for protecting america.

Two set of laws...one for LEOs and another set for the rest of us.

Film everything;..it's the only defense we have against brutality and being killed.
edit on 7-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Two set of laws...one for LEOs and another set for the rest of us.
Did you read the OP?

A veteran FBI agent who was caught on camera shoving a 15-year-old boy to the ground and threatening the teen with his gun has been found guilty of assault.

Film everything;..it's the only defense we have against brutality and being killed.
Didn't seem to prevent much, in this case.

edit on 11/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Gee...think he and 'Mom' are still "friends"?
Asshat,

sadly i would bet they are.
you don't make "friends" with someone like this and then by chance he is at the drop off point. she worked the FBI agent up before the father arrived to bring the child home. the mother is the master mind behind the whole event. those dudes were all her puppets.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Had this not been filmed the teenager would have been convicted of assault on a FBI agent because the court believes lying cops above honest citizens.a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stearman65

Really? There were assault charges filed against the kid?
By whom?

edit on 11/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The agent didn't identify himself properly according to SOP...(calmly and professionally). Father responds defensively and protectively (as any Dad would). Agent overcompensated trying to assert dominance and keep control of the situation. Things escalated in bad fashion.

Yeah, Agent was at fault.
Glad he was convicted of this misappropriation.

Damn we need better training and more "proper protocol reminders" for some of these asshats.

What the flip is this world coming to?
Ugh!

Hope the Dad is alright, but two hours late without calling is kinda a bad thing in a custody issue....Mom was probably panicking and the officer called out as a result of fears and a million things went wrong here. Oh man, come on guys - get it together out there! Please. We need more good folks in these departments because they're obviously understaffed and overbooked! Retired or not, you're still accountable for your behavior.

Sheesh!

edit on 11/7/15 by GENERAL EYES because: yped too fast...had to make it look pretty and nice

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Not your family, not your business.

If the mother has a problem with drop offs she can go to court and file a contempt charge.

To call in your "badge buddy" is completely out of line and for this agent to even think about intervening should result in his firing.

" I'm in my capacity 24 hrs a day " = POWER TRIP.

Those that trip need to be removed from power.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Stearman65

Really? There were assault charges filed against the kid?
By whom?

Probably would have been against the kid and mother had there not been footage:

He said: 'You're going to jail too. Assault on a federal officer. You struck me, you struck me.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Also kept his job:

Despite the verdict, the FBI said Rogero, 46, would remain in active service.

Beyond me how LEOs can keep their jobs after an assault conviction.
edit on 7-11-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Not your family, not your business.

If the mother has a problem with drop offs she can go to court and file a contempt charge.

To call in your "badge buddy" is completely out of line and for this agent to even think about intervening should result in his firing.

" I'm in my capacity 24 hrs a day " = POWER TRIP.

Those that trip need to be removed from power.

That's what I said, more or less.

Why did this a hole make this family his business.

power trip for sure.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Surely there is some general police rule about not gloating like a jack ass when you arrest someone?

Just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join