It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Documentary Attempts to Shame Christians into Giving Up Firearms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes...Guns....they're a God thing....the others just wouldn't understand.....Won the WEST....you see
turns out...now.....it's still out there.......I know what to say....

Did you guys not familiar with the U S know?....... one can drive across 90% of Wyoming, say....or Montana...and most of that time you are 3 hours away from any form of civilization....no matter how small we're talkin'....like 12 home sites and then nothing for friggin hours.....that U S is that big......

edit on 7-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah, wish them good luck (not really) with that.... LOL

Most Christians believe 100% in the right to self defense.

Of course real Christians know Jesus set the example. And never did he apply self defense. He also had faith in his Father and God to protect him if he asked for it:

(Matthew 26:52, 53) . . .: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?

Of course "most Christians" don't think like Jesus Christ, or have the faith he did, or even know him that well. Or even take the time to get to know the founder of Christianity and what Jesus would do...
edit on 7-11-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, wish them good luck (not really) with that.... LOL

Most Christians believe 100% in the right to self defense.

Of course real Christians know Jesus set the example. And never did he apply self defense. He also had faith in his Father and God to protect him if he asked for it:

(Matthew 26:52, 53) . . .: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?

Of course "most Christians" don't think like Jesus Christ, or have the faith he did, or even know him that well. Or even take the time to get to know the founder of Christianity and what Jesus would do...

OH no no no my friend "turn th eother cheek" was for VERBAL ASSAULTS. Also he traveled with armed companions as well from time to time. you use that verse out of context.

THE BIBLICAL CASE FOR SELF-DEFENSE. It is noteworthy that the Bible records many accounts of fighting and warfare. The providence of God in war is exemplified by His name YHWH Sabaoth ("The LORD of hosts"--Exodus 12:41). God is portrayed as the omnipotent Warrior-Leader of the Israelites. God, the LORD of hosts, raised up warriors among the Israelites called the shophetim (savior-deliverers). Samson, Deborah, Gideon, and others were anointed by the Spirit of God to conduct war. The New Testament commends Old Testament warriors for their military acts of faith (Hebrews 11:30-40). Moreover, it is significant that although given the opportunity to do so, none of the New Testament saints--nor even Jesus--are ever seen informing a military convert that he needed to resign from his line of work (Matthew 8:5-13; Luke 3:14).

Prior to His crucifixion, Jesus revealed to His disciples the future hostility they would face and encouraged them to sell their outer garments in order to buy a sword (Luke 22:36-38; cf. 2 Corinthians 11:26-27). Here the "sword" (Greek: maxairan) is a dagger or short sword that belonged to the Jewish traveler's equipment as protection against robbers and wild animals. A plain reading of the passage indicates that Jesus approved of self-defense.

Self-defense may actually result in one of the greatest examples of human love. Christ Himself said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:14). When protecting one's family or neighbor, a Christian is unselfishly risking his or her life for the sake of others.

Theologians J. P. Moreland and Norman Geisler say that "to permit murder when one could have prevented it is morally wrong. To allow a rape when one could have hindered it is an evil. To watch an act of cruelty to children without trying to intervene is morally inexcusable. In brief, not resisting evil is an evil of omission, and an evil of omission can be just as evil as an evil of commission. Any man who refuses to protect his wife and children against a violent intruder fails them morally."

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Disney Documentary Attempts to Shame Christians into Giving Up Firearms

Real Xtians wouldn't need to be 'shamed', they have Faith, an unconditional Virtue of unconditional Love!
Those without such, have no ethics and shame on one tried and true way to get people with no ethics to 'play nicely'.
Laws are for those with no ethics.
WTF is a 'Xtian' doing with a gun!?!?
He wouldn't be a Xtian, according to Jesus!
So, as they have no 'Jesus'/Love, shame and manipulation and laws are necessary.
edit on 8-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Seems Kinda Like Modern Day Rich Folks.
They Have Armed Body Guards and Jesus Had
Supernatural Angels.

I see Where Your Going With This.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Actually, this highlights one of the major issues I've had with Christianity because Jesus taught to turn the other cheek. Somehow, carrying a Glock 19 doesn't quite jibe with that. If you are just a single person with no family to be responsible for it's fine if you'd rather be a victim of violence than to stop it by using the same.

But what if you have children and a wife? What if Jesus had them? Would he have still preached absolute non-violence? Just let any lunatic assault, rob or rape your family? I have my doubts.

As for a movie - bleah, looks really, REALLY boring.
And a Magic Rat film at that.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Its one thing to have a message. Its another thing entirely to have a whackadoo message.

if the Pope needs more than Armor of Light, then why wouldn't I?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Imagine that; a counterpoint to the NRA propaganda. I don't see a problem with this at all.

Caring about our American rights is propaganda?
Oh, because Alex Jones said people should care about their rights, I see now.

You should know you have picked the wrong side when caring and defending our American rights is considered propaganda. You better wake up, pup.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

We're being set up! And I have proof.

The wonderful world of Disney.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And some trip wires and flash grenades...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Actually, this highlights one of the major issues I've had with Christianity because Jesus taught to turn the other cheek. Somehow, carrying a Glock 19 doesn't quite jibe with that. If you are just a single person with no family to be responsible for it's fine if you'd rather be a victim of violence than to stop it by using the same.

But what if you have children and a wife? What if Jesus had them? Would he have still preached absolute non-violence? Just let any lunatic assault, rob or rape your family? I have my doubts.

As for a movie - bleah, looks really, REALLY boring.
And a Magic Rat film at that.

You turn the other cheek for INSULTS(verbal stuff and non threatening actions that wont result in serious harm) not to everything. you cant turn your cheek if your heads been blown off can you? Jesus was no fool its just people confusing his words an d not finding the true meaning of the verse. the language it was translated from said it was for insults as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join