It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Documentary Attempts to Shame Christians into Giving Up Firearms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well, if Disney advocates something....by all means....let's cuddle around that kumbaya campfire.

The new Star Wars must really suck because, you know....the Rebels and Empire gave up their lightsabers and pistol blasters for hugs and cuddles and excessive fantasy fanfic about Disney animated characters.

How quaint.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
yep...aimed at the young ones to grow up on this.....but
it's a really weak and rooky-ish attempt.....
what we look for is the real, nuts and bolts of how this subject works in life.
the Alaskan hunters and HIKERS......know all about firearms and do wonderfully with them.....a small amount of loss due to time and chance....just what Jesus said about the construction accident in the Bible......yes Jesus saw a construction accident......
da common outdoorsman and once a year or two shooter.....he and all his friends know the truth and see these false views as LOL fodder
the metro peeps.........AH me thinks there-in the troubled minds propagate themselves into verbalization....the resultant mis-judgement does not allow for a hiker in bear country....or for the pro-backed sport competition shooters or for the vets who served or for the constitution lovers ( like those who wrote it ) or for Jesus who stated in the Scriptures.....: let any man who has no sword sell his outer tunic and go to the latin class toga party.....no, no....go and buy one.......now He didn't want Peter to use it on someones ear, but He wants His people to HAVE one

edit on 7-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The title of the thread is an oxymoron, not literally, but you get the point.

Christians shouldn't have guns (for killing fellow humans, hunting animals for food is a different matter, although mostly unnecessary in today's society) in the first place. So why would you have to shame them to get rid of em?

Jesus said:

(Matthew 26:52) . . .Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.

Why would Jesus' followers be fighting for any government on earth? He certainly does not take sides in wars.

Anyone who calls themselves "Christian" and packs a gun for self protection really isn't a Christian either.

So many hundreds of millions of people who think they are Christian or call themselves such or are such in name only, but are proven false by their works.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Can't say that armor of light is saving you from federal hollow points

If the government was coming to your house to take you away you might be right, but you're more likely to get accidentally shot with your own guns than to heroically protect yourself from imaginary threats.

Besides, if they really want you they'll get you, guns or no guns.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Honestly, ownership of a gun is inconsistent with Christan principals.

The "right to bear arms" is as rationally consistent as a 'right' to inject heroin.

edit on 7/11/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's amusing they make the main character look like somebody out of the 1950's. I wonder what that means.

Most mass shooters are male. Like 98% of them. Shouldn't we be looking at that more. Males also are more efficient at committing suicide and more frequently use firearms to do the deed.

I don't think ti's religion that makes people want guns. I think it's fear. And I think it's a big thing in conservative idealogy. The liberals want to take guns away as much as hte conservatives want them.

So we need to figure out how to reduce fear? We need to figure out whether these mass shootings are a new phenomenon or whether they equally occurred in the past. We need to figure out males.

What if something changed in our society and males are becoming more violent. What we by getting rid of guns we're only sweeping it under the rug, not actually removing it? It'll re-emerge in another form. After all you can't sweep everything under the rug forever--it'll spill out.
edit on 11/7/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Can't say that armor of light is saving you from federal hollow points....probably better keeping the guns tbh.

If the government comes to arrest you, it won't send a single armed officer.

If you draw a gun in the presence of several armed officers, you will be shot.

Your gun will not protect you, it will ensure that you will be injured or killed. You will never get the chance to have recourse to the law and actually defend yourself and your family.

As a reason for gun ownership, this is not well thought out.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
She's just another silverspoon disney princess who no doubt, grew up in a mansion like a disney princess palace with some kind of security. Why should anyone listen to someone so out of touch with reality?

Armor of light? As if that is a real thing? If it's so effective lets trade in all of our police and soldiers body armor for some of this stuff. My guess is, the only people who will swallow this and agree with her advice, are the people she meets at her book club meetings after tuesday night prayer. People who have never gone anywhere by themselves, much less the "dangerous" part of town.

Is she willing to test her armor of light against some depleted uranium nato rounds? Cuz i would watch that movie.

edit on 7-11-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now, your talking my language.

What I would give for just one SAMAS.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

According to "celebrity net worth" she is worth a cool 500 million. My guess is that she had a little help getting there and that those people along with herself have armed security guards. Of course she wants to disarm all of the peasants.

Here is a little bio of her.
www.celebritynetworth.com...
edit on 7-11-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just found this. I already knew most mass shoters are male (98%):
www.politicalresearch.org - Mass Shooters Have A Gender and a Race...

Recent studies reveal that most school shooters are White males, with 97 percent being male and 79 percent White. Over the last three decades, 90 percent of high school or elementary school shootings were the result of White, often upper-middle class, perpetrators. These shootings are a direct reflection of White male privilege and the consequences that occur when groups like the NRA control influential conservative leaders.

This “suicide-by-mass-murder” is a reflection of a combination of both White and male privilege—the ideology that White males have social, economic, and political advantages granted to them solely on the basis of their sex and race. In Elliot’s case, he believed he, as a White heterosexual male, was entitled to women and sex, and that their disinterest was “an injustice, a crime.” Misogyny is still alive and well in American society, provoking many men to still believe that women owe them obedience and adoration. Manhood and masculinity are defined and shaped from the early years of when a father or sports coach tells a boy to stop crying and “Man up, you sissy!” Boys become ‘men’ and gain respect from their peers when they lose their virginity or win their first fist-fight. Pop culture and movies drive home these not-so-subtle themes to young male audiences, teaching them that masculinity revolves around having a nice car, violently punching the bad guy, and saving the girl who would be nothing without their hero.

On top of all of this is the additional element of White privilege, furthering the notion that White males, as society tells them, are the alphas. These two elements combined invoke a sense of entitlement to jobs, education, power, and women. This embedded privilege within White American men becomes dangerous when they don’t get from women what they’ve been told they deserve or are entitled to. In many cases, this leads to incidents of domestic violence or rape. In cases where the man also suffers from mental illness, as was the case with Rodger, the feelings of worthlessness and suicidal thoughts drive a desire to reassert his presence and power above women before dying, by doing something catastrophic that will garner media attention.

So there you have it. The real reason they want to take guns away. Because they won't take "white male privilege" away. (But bearing in mind politicalresearch.org is supported by progressive and liberal interests who might have a bias, this may in fact just mean "male privilege" or "male culture" since non-whites might tend to have less wealth. The bulk of NRA membership is white too. US white males have access to firearms at almost twice the rate of non-whites. What this all means is it might not be a matter of race as is argued. HOwever, I think it could be. Wealth disparity (link below) might fail to explain it. Whites might feel entitled.)

(*) - www. forbes.com - The Racial Wealth Gap: Why A Typical White Household Has 16 Times The Wealth Of A Black One...

And also this:
ideas.time.com - The Overwhelming Maleness of Mass Homicide...
edit on 11/7/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah, wish them good luck (not really) with that.... LOL

Most Christians believe 100% in the right to self defense.
edit on 7-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Can't say that armor of light is saving you from federal hollow points....probably better keeping the guns tbh.

Your gun will not protect you, it will ensure that you will be injured or killed. You will never get the chance to have recourse to the law and actually defend yourself and your family.

I'd rather have the gun than the armor of light.
Some defence over non makes me at least think I have a chance.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'd rather have the gun than the armor of light.
Some defence over non makes me at least think I have a chance.

There is strategic logic in not identifying yourself as a combatant when you are outgunned and out-manned.

There are other, more effective defenses if one has right on their side.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't get it. It's somehow okay for Christian bakers to break the law and discriminate because it's their sincerely held belief but a Christian preacher can't (however silly it may be) sincerely believe that God can protect you and that guns aren't the answer?

As long as he's not pushing to ban all guns, I don't see what the problem is. I don't really see him being successful though either.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Imagine that; a counterpoint to the NRA propaganda. I don't see a problem with this at all.

Because having your government steamrolling over you and you can't defend yourself is a good thing?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

It's on a par with paper armor.

Actuall paper armor(chinese) was pretty good for arrows and blades that were not thrust directly in but glancing blows.

Now this armor of light? negative 9000 AC.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wonder if they will show this to kids in school, then

Then they will trot out a heap of more movies to put in schools, all agenda driven.

It's so funny, buisness preaching Christianity at Christians

That country is so screwed up

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
The title of the thread is an oxymoron, not literally, but you get the point.

Christians shouldn't have guns (for killing fellow humans, hunting animals for food is a different matter, although mostly unnecessary in today's society) in the first place. So why would you have to shame them to get rid of em?

Jesus said:

(Matthew 26:52) . . .Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.

Why would Jesus' followers be fighting for any government on earth? He certainly does not take sides in wars.

Anyone who calls themselves "Christian" and packs a gun for self protection really isn't a Christian either.

So many hundreds of millions of people who think they are Christian or call themselves such or are such in name only, but are proven false by their works.

How convenient of you to forget Luke 22:36
Where Jesus tells his disciples to arm themselves,only a fool walks around in dangerous world without a means of self defense.Every animal on earth has built in weapons to defend themselves people do not,thus we arm ourselves or die because of foolish decisions.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Cops only shoot 100-200 rounds a year,most civilians with guns shoot 600-1,000 rounds or more a year,do you really think that someone with that much less experience is even mildly a threat?
Do you really think we will be using handguns if they come for us,because we won't we would use rifles.
Most civilians practice drawing their carry weapons a lot more often than cops do,and in the event of having to draw on government goons your average CCW license holder will draw faster 90% of the time.

Point being you have a huge misconception about how well Cops are trained,there is a reason cops miss a lot in shootouts compared civilians that shoot a bad guy,most civilians when they shoot a bad guy fire 3-5 rounds or less on average and successfully stop the threat,Cops fire 10-30 rounds on average to successfully stop a threat,that's a huge difference.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join