It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our hands are tied

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If i want the hardest gang to rule? ill give you a quote made by a man 2500 years ago named Plato in his masterpiece "The Republic"

philosophers [must] become kings…or those now called kings [must]…genuinely and adequately philosophize" (The Republic, 5.473d).

Explain how democracy works to me? Practical not in theory

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

I can't be arsed explaining anything to you.
You want an unelected overlord gang type leader to dictate your life lol, I think you are a lame sheep.
Not much wriggle room between our viewpoints haha, but I'm glad I am not a sheep as you appear to present yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: angeldoll

You cant, now you figure out the rest

I can't what? what. know? lol! You silly girl.

I'll think maybe I'll remember you this go round. The silly girl, it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You want me to be lead by ideals made by an ordinary man with a personal ambition? When you play a video game, do you understand the difference between that and the reality we live in?

How can you tell when someone isnt free? Those people scream the loudestt when it comes to liberty and freedom, mainly cause of the ideals they are taught, not cause they think for themselves..

This is a psychology studie made 2011, im not saying this is you.

,” “A game can be more fun when you get the chance to act and be like your ideal self,” says Dr. Andy Przybylski, a research fellow at the University of Essex who led the study. “The attraction to playing video games and what makes them fun is that it gives people the chance to think about a role they would ideally like to take and then get a chance to play that role.”

Observing thousands of gamers playing everything from The Sims to World of Warcraft, the researchers were able to trace that attraction back to childhood, when we used our imaginations to project ourselves as all sorts of things: an athlete, a rock star, a superhero—the list goes on.

Video games provide us with the opportunity to adopt pieces of their protagonist’s identity, giving us a glimpse of a life we’d secretly like to lead.”

There are reinforced education programs just to clarify how this world works in reality.

Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology has created the first Leadership Psychology doctoral program in the U.S. to understand leadership, followership, and to deploy the best research and practice to address challenges in for profit, non-profit, higher education, healthcare, and government domains.

Survival comes down to group dynamics, and that places your word of freedom in a little box of you understand your obligation to the hand that feeds you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join