It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wrong place to Vacation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In light of the recent Russian jet tragedy, the British instigating flight restrictions, the Russians and others joining in with flight restrictions maybe
Sharm El-Sheik is not the place to be holed up in or a safe place to vacation..
Today saturday 7/11/15 there are upwards of +15K British +60K Russians and xxK other mainly European.
The British planned 20+ Flights per day to repatriate citizens that was not possible because of the hand baggage only restriction imposed.
Yesterday 8 flights returned to Britain with 1400 Persons, Today is similar figures. It will obviously take a while to repatriate..
The Sianai Peninsula has had an ongoing situation since 2011.
Sinai Province militants
Most active insurgent group in Egypt, with 1,000-1,500 members
Pledged allegiance to Islamic State group in November 2014
Carries out suicide bombings, shootings, beheadings; dozens of Egyptian soldiers killed.
I will not be passing this information onto my X wife who is awaiting return but I hope all returnees will be safe..
As an addition I will post a picture of the route taken by the sadly lost Russian aircraft and wonder why with insurgents in the Northern part of Sainai the route was not over the Suez Canal or the safer part of Eygypt. Peace.

edit on 7 11 2015 by skywatcher44 because: Capitalised.

edit on 7 11 2015 by skywatcher44 because: Added an n

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Until something bad happens, airlines are going to take the least expensive route. That takes into account fuel, flyover fees and weather. That's all changed now and for the most part, it looks like commercial flights are suspended. I'm sure the evacuation fights are taking the safest route.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
In light of the recent Russian jet tragedy, the British instigating flight restrictions, the Russians and others joining in with flight restrictions maybe
Sharm El-Sheik is not the place to be holed up in or a safe place to vacation..
Today saturday 7/11/15 there are upwards of +15K British +60K Russians and xxK other mainly European.
The British planned 20+ Flights per day to repatriate citizens that was not possible because of the hand baggage only restriction imposed.
Yesterday 8 flights returned to Britain with 1400 Persons, Today is similar figures. It will obviously take a while to repatriate..
The Sianai Peninsula has had an ongoing situation since 2011.
Sinai Province militants
Most active insurgent group in Egypt, with 1,000-1,500 members
Pledged allegiance to Islamic State group in November 2014
Carries out suicide bombings, shootings, beheadings; dozens of Egyptian soldiers killed.
I will not be passing this information onto my X wife who is awaiting return but I hope all returnees will be safe..
As an addition I will post a picture of the route taken by the sadly lost Russian aircraft and wonder why with insurgents in the Norther part of Sainai the route was not over the Suez Canal or the safer part of Eygypt. Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

*Grins....

...sorry, off subject, but...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Most of the people going to the north African countries for a holiday don't know how bad the security situation has got, the sainai area has been bad for a few years but the holiday makers are not being told. a reply to: skywatcher44

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I will add this link for anyone awaiting returns..

sharm-el-sheikh-airport.com...

new topics

top topics

join