It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECRET Military Operations To Divert LAX Planes For a Week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

If it were the U.S., they wouldn't have launched over the U.S.. I

Really? Was this the Chinese too?

edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Sorry for overboard dudes...
I got some nifty horrendous news and weird operations about brazilian mineral+chemicals waste flood that happens in Brasil, it's near my non-affected neighborhood.

Could create topic?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Not so secret anymore. More missiles to be tested with UFO speculations?

originally posted by: Kadagraks
Sorry for overboard dudes...
I got some nifty horrendous news and weird operations about brazilian mineral+chemicals waste flood that happens in Brasil, it's near my non-affected neighborhood.

Could create topic?

Please share. You should be able to create a thread now.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you for the reply. I believe i still have to make a few posts before i can thread, meanwhile, i'm preparing some material.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If it were the U.S., they wouldn't have launched over the U.S.. I

Really? Was this the Chinese too?

Notice of those launches were made public days before the launches; because they didn't want to alarm the public. Not so with this one.

Point was, they wouldn't launch over the population with out notifying the population in advance.
edit on 8-11-2015 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

They do it all the time. Especially with an SLBM launch.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Notice of those launches were made public days before the launches; because they didn't want to alarm the public. Not so with this one.
No. Those were public because it was the Air Force, not the Navy.

Point was, they wouldn't launch of the population with out notifying the population in advance.
You don't think it was a Trident missile? What do you think it was?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The area is part of the SOCAL Offshore Complex.

It's a bunch of training areas from Santa Barbara to Baja California.

www.globalsecurity.org...

So it's probably not a good idea not to have jet airliners flying through active exercise areas.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

I live near Offutt and SAC, last week I saw 2 Apache gun ships flying in formation over my neighborhood, was pretty cool if not a little intimidating. Then a few days ago I saw some kind of very large drone flying over a nearby neighborhood. Military flights are extremely common to see, but those are not common at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Could this be connected to the strange bluish object spotted over the LA area last night?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Exactly. We never report on the position of our boomers, ever. An SLBM test is going to be announced with a window and general AO as it is needed for air and marine traffic but never any specifics.

We may be testing / calibrating some new x/k-band sats in orbit at the moment, but I'm still waiting for more information on that. If so, expect at least another launch.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Pacific Ocean is a big place, and there are plenty of places to launch missiles from submarines completely undetected (yet still observable by monitoring equipment). The south Pacific comes readily to mind.

Vandenburg is a land based launch complex with a strategic placement based on the desired orbit of the vehicle being launched. Not so with sea based launches; sea based launches don't put satellites in orbit, they're usually missile tests. So, one must ask the question; why there (i.e. off the S. Cal. coast)? Why shut down all the airspace for some 'mysterious' exercise which could have been carried out just as easily in some distant corner of the planet with virtually zero air traffic to shut down to begin with???

So the answer seems fairly obvious...because they wanted the general public to see it! They wanted the general populous to spin up on social media and the MSM; they wanted attention on the event. They wanted to send a message (likely to the Chinese). First they shut down the airspace which causes everyone to wonder why and start paying attention. Then, on a near moonless night, they launch a missile in an area visible by one of the most densely populated areas in the US...Curious, isn't it?

...and it would appear 'they' succeeded in getting people's attention.

You're being manipulated (again), America!

edit....psssssssst, because next time the government comes around with their hand out for another several TRILLION of your hard earned tax dollars they know you'll say; "Oh yeah, I remember that sub launch off LA back in Nov of '15...that was bad-ass!'. What they don't tell you is, they have no intention of using your dollars for developing some new system. No, in reality they're just WAY overdrawn in the bank account and need some more of your money to needlessly squander on idiotic things like keeping troops in Asscrackistan for another 2 decades.

Mind games, Komrades...it's all mind games.

edit on 11/9/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They're protecting the sub as much as anything else with the test. Launching a missile is worse than putting a huge neon sign with 12 arrows pointing at a spot saying "HERE I AM". An Ohio class missile sub has never been successfully tracked. Launching a missile would give its position away, and possible scare some other ship or sub commander into firing on her thinking it was a real launch.

In addition to that the parameters of the test require that they be close to shore to throw the missile as far as possible. If people see it, it's no big deal because it doesn't give anything away, and they just say that it's a missile launch. It has nothing to do with wanting people to see it or anything else, except the test, and protecting the boat.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Wasn't this a sea based launch?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yes. When a sub launches a missile it can be heard almost across the ocean it's so loud. You launch within your 12 mile limit to protect the boat as well as get the longest distance possible on the missile to the target range.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It would sound to me like maybe they're expecting something in that area. Being that there was just "missile testing" aka UFO issues it makes one wonder if there's something larger at hand than military drills. Besides that's the line they give to cover everything up..."military training". If on the off chance that they're actually running drills the fact that air calvary is involved in the middle of the night seems like an ominous warning. Especially considering the events of late.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
In the words of Starset "It has begun"

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IndigoSoul

Sounds to me like the military wanted to use one of their operating areas.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

And you don't think the Russian's have listening equipment similar to SOSUS in our territorial waters much the same as we do in theirs???

Remember Halibut?

I understand what you are suggesting, but I respectfully disagree there is some decidedly strategic advantage over some other, far more remote location, out in the vast Pacific or Southern Ocean.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And did you read my previous posts? It isn't about them hearing it, it's about them possibly having a sub near where the launch area is, hearing the launch and assuming it was a real launch and not a test, and firing on the sub.

Russia knew the launch was coming before it was launched. They were informed of the general time and area it was coming from. But why take the chance that a sub Captain near the launch area didn't get the word when you can launch in your own waters and protect your boat.

Even Russia fires their missiles within their territorial waters when they test them for that exact reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join