It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECRET Military Operations To Divert LAX Planes For a Week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is very odd.
I'll admit, that my first thought was that this has something to do with China...or possibly North Korea.

All government officials will say, is that it is " a training exercise designed to ensure the military's ability to operate in urban environments, and to prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployment."...but, it seems to me that this could be done elsewhere, without disrupting civilian commercial aviation for a week at one of the nation's largest airports.

What are your thoughts, ATS?

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mysterious maneuvers over the pacific are forcing a change in Los Angeles International Airport landings late at night, meaning noise for thousands of people in the flight path.

Instead of landing from the east over Inglewood, planes begin flying from the west and over the ocean to keep noise levels down, but due to secret military operations, the airspace over the pacific is closed to incoming flights for the next week.

"We clearly understand that neighbors and communities east of the airport will experience noise and we apologize for that," said Nancy Castles, LAX public relations director.

The military is not saying what exactly is causing the change, and LAX claims it is also in the dark. Castles said all they know is planes can't be flying at low altitudes to our west.

Six years ago, ABC7 cameras captured a military operation in downtown LA. Helicopters were seen swooping between high-rises, close enough that residents were able to see armed soldiers in camouflage outside their window.

Authorities claimed it was part of a training exercise designed to ensure the military's ability to operate in urban environments, and to prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployment.

What's going on this week is a mystery.

"And plus if it's a military thing it's a good thing, that means they're making it safer for us so I wouldn't let it bother me," said Steve Devosion of Inglewood. "I'd be more interested in them not doing something about what's going on than them doing something about what's going on."

abc7.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why would it have something to do with China or North Korea?

I mean, sure, it MIGHT have, but I do not see anything pointing towards that.
Have I missed something?
edit on 7-11-2015 by DupontDeux because: ETA words 'n' stuff

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

…and to prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployment.

I'll keep saying Syria. One day I'll be right.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why do they need to keep the sky to the West clear? Are they expecting something to fly in, or that they might have to fly out quickly?
I don't think of North Korea, it makes me think of 911.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Are there any indications of which forces are involved?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not really diverting so much as it is rerouting. I don't see how this is going to impact "one of the busiest airports in the US" all that much. The airport isn't closed, the planes, which are late night flights according to the OP, are just taking a different approach to landing.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I suppose it could have something to do with possible T-ism...maybe even related to what happened to the Russian plane.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Apparently, these 'Military operations' will be over the Pacific...and only at night.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm a flyer....if it only lasts a week then cool,.....otherwise I suppose no U-boats get a close proximity to a heavy with all his trash hanging out on an approach...huh!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yesterday morning I walked out of my apartment in Los Angeles and 4 army helicopters Air Cavalry flew over my head in a North to South direction heading towards LAX area. I new they were Air Cavalry because you could see that big gold shield with the horse head painted on the bottom of the copters. It was really interesting to see. I was imagining Colonel Kilroy from Apocalypse Now tear assing around Nam.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Why do they need to keep the sky to the West clear? Are they expecting something to fly in, or that they might have to fly out quickly?

Could be amphibious operations training. That would involve close air support, so the beach and the offshore airspace would both be involved.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I wonder if it has something to do with that mystery missile - sorry i mean "plane contrail" - a few years ago. I think it was in that same area.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Could be amphibious operations training. That would involve close air support, so the beach and the offshore airspace would both be involved.

That would make sense. I don't like the sound of this bit, though:

uthorities claimed it was part of a training exercise designed to ensure the military's ability to operate in urban environments, and to prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployment.

Any ideas? Middle East?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
How many will notice this completely extraneous & awkward quote...

"And plus if it's a military thing it's a good thing, that means they're making it safer for us so I wouldn't let it bother me," said Steve Devosion of Inglewood. "I'd be more interested in them not doing something about what's going on than them doing something about what's going on."

...for the transparent pitiful bit of PsyOps that it is.

K~

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I can almost see the amphibious vehicles rolling up Venice Beach.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

They don't roll. What they do is much scarier.
If I was a bad guy, I would run. Fast.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I can almost see the amphibious vehicles rolling up Venice Beach.

It will be dark, darkest predawn.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
training exercises usually equate to dry runs any more?
why practice/post a sentinel at the door?
if the secret gets out,

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First they announce the drill.

Then, they run the drill.

Every now and then, bad stuff happens during the "drill."

See how this works?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals
What drill?

See how this works?

I guess. The military carries out training exercises. Would you prefer that they be untrained?

BTW, how's Texas doing after the Jade Helm coup?

edit on 11/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join