It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sees Taliban as reconciliation partners: Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted yet, and it seems quite a surprising choice after an hospital was pulverized in the attempt of killing Taliban's militants.

Dawn.com news and PakistanToday are reporting that

WASHINGTON: The US Department of Defence has said that it’s no longer conducting counter-terrorism operations against the Taliban in Afghanistan because it views the group as an important partner in its efforts for restoring peace in the war-ravaged country.

“What we’re not doing (is) counter-terrorism operations against the Taliban,” Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain Jeff Davis told a Wednesday evening news briefing in Washington.

“We actually view the Taliban as being an important partner in a peaceful Afghan-led reconciliation process. We are not actively targeting the Taliban,” he added.

What the hell is going on in Washington? They fight Al-Quaeda in Iraq and Afghanistan, but support them in Syria, they fight Talibans in Pakistan but now they'll support them in Afghanistan...

Is this a fake story? because honestly I only find pakistani/indian sources referring back to these two, but if it's true the silence in the western media is abnormal.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

“We actually view the Taliban as being an important partner in a peaceful Afghan-led reconciliation process. We are not actively targeting the Taliban,” he added

"Because we gotta New and Improved Enemy to scare you with. "Taliban" got old and didn't quite give us the FEAR we're looking for so we invented a new boogyman. ISIS!!!!!!
Get your's TODAY!!
Not too long ago, Taliban was a buzzword for any bad guy in the M.E., now we're friends with them? Only in American politics.
edit on 7-11-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

edit on 7-11-2015 by DAVID64 because: another typo, not enough coffee yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Brings to mind the hit piece posted last week about Russia/Taliban team up here on ats. Now it turns out that it is actually the US that is considering partnering up with them. It is comedy gold. I'll be back to link the thread when I find it.

Found it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, sure! It only makes sense right?

I bet the Iraq and Afghanistan vets are super happy about this. Sure makes their sacrifice that much more worth it.

I wonder how long it will take for a military coup/ mutiny in the US.

I'm all for peace and no war, but seriously...what's it gonna take to awaken the unthinking majority?
edit on thpamSat, 07 Nov 2015 08:53:19 -0600k1511America/Chicago0753 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20004596]Sparkymedic[/post

I wonder how long it will take for a military coup/ mutiny in the US.

Never? The USA has a long history of brains before

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
so that means that basically all those deaths and billions were unnecessary?

cool

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I like how many seem to see the taliban as the bad guys
I mean... They offered to hand over bin laden....if the US provided some evidence of his involvement in 9/11
Rather than producing said evidence the place received thousands of tones of nuclear waste dumped on em from above

Hell I remember on 9/11 bin laden denying AQ was responsible and trashing those whom were resposible

But meh.....whata we know, remember they throw shoes and kill for honour
Where as we kill for the shoes

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Jesus tapdancing Christ....like i said: politics is patterned after the WWE.

So now the Taliban will stop wearing the black clothes, and will stop rambling crazy things into the microphone. Just like Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Jesus tapdancing Christ....like i said: politics is patterned after the WWE.

So now the Taliban will stop wearing the black clothes, and will stop rambling crazy things into the microphone. Just like Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Well, this is all because Macho Man Randy ISIS just jumped of the top rope with a folding chair and brained both The Russian Bear Ivan Putin and the Hulkster.

Maybe we just need Andre to stack up some midgets and sit on them.

edit on 7-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The old "off the top turn buckle" technique......

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Few hours after the authorization from the commanding IG rules it to be neccessary.
JSOC would do it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is soooooo 1984! Your enemy today is you partner tomorrow and vice versa. Get ready for your daily compulsory two minutes of hate for this month's enemy and all will be double plus good.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Peter Struck's sentence, "our security being defended at the Hindu Kush", the reality on its head. Our security is jeopardized by the war in Afghanistan. All politicians know that. Who fought insurgents with bombs always kill innocent people. With every innocent killed the terror grows not only in Afghanistan but also worldwide. In Germany, the Interior Minister must hunt terrorists that breeds the German defense by killing Afghan civilians. We operate in Afghanistan, a terrorist breeding program.

translate.google.de...

He knew, others did so as well. For years.

What the hell is going on in Washington? They fight Al-Quaeda in Iraq and Afghanistan, but support them in Syria, they fight Talibans in Pakistan but now they'll support them in Afghanistan...

Is this a fake story? because honestly I only find pakistani/indian sources referring back to these two, but if it's true the silence in the western media is abnormal.

Washington is a pit of snakes with many different interest-groups.
I guess the silence is part of the propaganda, kinda reminds me of 1984.

That alliance ends and Oceania, allied with Eurasia, fights Eastasia, a change which occurred during Hate Week, dedicated to creating patriotic fervour for the Party's perpetual war. The public are blind to the change; in mid-sentence an orator changes the name of the enemy from "Eurasia" to "Eastasia" without pause. When the public are enraged at noticing that the wrong flags and posters are displayed, they tear them down—thus the origin of the idiom "We've always been at war with Eastasia"; later the Party claims to have captured Africa.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You figured that out? Applause. I honestly can't keep up with it anymore. Who's doin' who.

That's why it all needs to STOP. TIME OUT. I wish everyone would go home and do what I do in times of confusion and stress.
Take a nap.

new topics

top topics

join