It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves you, and I believe some of you may have experienced him in your life without knowing it.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The difference here is I have personal experiences with Christ, who is the visible image of love. Just like I have personal experiences with the people that I share my life with. I exclude it as a possibility based on certain attributes inherent to God.

you exclude it as a possibility by virtue of bias, you mean. you refuse to consider it and thats that.

Jesus willingly came to die for the sins of a world. Jesus is God. You don't understand why it was the solution because you don't understand the need for a Savior.

i choose not to let it get to the point where i need a "savior". i have at least that much control over my imperfect nature.

Did God know before he created Humans that would happen? Sure. But he also knew how much he would love them after he did create them, even if they strayed from him and if he had to become man and die for that then he was happy to do so. God loves you that is the message of the Bible, and he took care of you. I really don't see why you have such a problem with that.

if my dad had a pool of acid in the backyard waiting for any child that disappointed him, i would be concerned for his mental well being, even if he was convinced right down to the marrow of his bones that it was for their best interests that "delinquents" be eliminated to spare the good apples. i dont agree with mass execution, i dont agree with putting infinite cosmic power in the hands of one person, i dont agree with the orwellian philosophy that encourages our complacency towards monarchism and war-mongering, i dont agree with worship as a practice, i dont agree with creationist science taking the credit for actual science to support its own floundering hypotheses, and i dont agree with teaching our youth what to think instead of how to think.

and yes, that pool of acid was a reference to the lake of fire. that thing fuhrer jehovah uses to destroy all of the condemned souls on judgment day. all of whom were born his children and died his enemies, exactly in accordance with what he foresaw and foreordained. nothing happens by accident, right? its all part of the grand design. its right there in revelation, his whole plan for xenocide and global domination.
edit on 8-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The question isn't asking what you think God would do. It's asking what would you personally do.

And if your honest answer is kill 'em all (for the most part), fine.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Akragon

I don't think God is allowed to change a persons will.

He hardens hearts and sends strong delusions to manipulate it though.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I would agree that there are parts that mention immoral acts, but I would disagree if your saying those acts are done by God I would disagree.

God caused a genocidal flood and carpet bombed two thriving cities with brimstone. The Bible says that was done by god. You say it’s not immoral. I say it is. This is the issue. There is absolutely nothing I can present from scripture that you will see as immoral no matter how immoral it is.

You believe in Divine Command Theory:

Divine command theory is a meta-ethical theory which proposes that an action's status as morally good is equivalent to whether it is commanded by God. The theory asserts that what is moral is determined by what God commands, and that to be moral is to follow his commands.

God kills babies. It’s good. God condones the murder of brides who are not virgins. It’s good.

It’s just all good because it comes from god, right?

I disagree because I lack spiritual discernment, right?

I am a software developer, so logic is kinda a daily part of my life.

I find that amusing because I’m a web application developer. Logic is part of my daily life too.

You came here to argue. To show that you are right. Not to understand people on a deeper level, and build a relationship with them.

That deeper level of understanding you’re suggesting would entail fundmanentally redefining morality and love. That's not the kind of relationship I look for in people.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join