It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Union Threatens Quentin Tarantino With 'Surprise'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Would they like a tissue for their issue ?

Or how about a hug and a lollipop ?

Or better yet, maybe one of these will do:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Gotta say Pasco sounds like a petty, vindictive and very poor figurehead for the police. He's like the asshole bully at school telling their victim to expect a beating and not saying when...psychological bullying.

The Pesco is of the Union sworn to protect the Blue right or wrong for he is the Pesco.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He sounds like the poster-child for everyone who's ever had a grievance with the police.

I'm not anti-cop, but I'm 100% anti-asshole. Pasco is that asshole.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Law enforcement must not be nationalized and all public sector unions must be disbanded for the good of the country.

"management gets the union it deserves, if you don't treat the members well, they become more militant"

-Chuck Wexler
President's Task Force on Policing

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I agree that we cannot nationalize law enforcement.

I am also not a big fan of unions.

They did nothing for me at my previous agency. They did a horrible job negotiating salary increases among other contractual issues.

That said, the only reason why I continued to be a paying member was because they offered legal protection. God forbid I ever got into a situation where I needed a lawyer I could not have afforded one without their representation.

I bet affordable legal protection is the main reason why many stay unionized. Then again, like I said, I live and work in Florida and law enforcement unions are not the powerful entities like they are up north.
edit on 7-11-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
First they offered for the director to do a ride along.

I thought then that it was macho talk for accidents happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just posted this in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don’t go to Quentin Tariantinos movies…I don’t particularly like them.

But Im going to make a point in going to see his next movie

In honor of all those murdered by these cops

The difference is that when people murder cops they get convicted for it

When cops murder people they get away with it

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: greencmp

I agree that we cannot nationalize law enforcement.

I am also not a big fan of unions.

They did nothing for me at my previous agency. They did a horrible job negotiating salary increases among other contractual issues.

That said, the only reason why I continued to be a paying member was because they offered legal protection. God forbid I ever got into a situation where I needed a lawyer I could not have afforded one without their representation.

I bet affordable legal protection is the main reason why many stay unionized. Then again, like I said, I live and work in Florida and law enforcement unions are not the powerful entities like they are up north.

You're not the first to hint at disappointment in the direction our civil services are headed.

Debilitating litigious erosion of confidence has been and will continue to be a major problem for public and private services.

At least with private services, a catastrophic mistake might only bankrupt a private service provider, not a whole municipality.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If the plan is for a boycott of the film, it only gives it free publicity.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
If I was more evil than I am, now would be a great time to kill Tarentino and leave a trail back to a cop.

You wouldn't even need to kill him. Just break in, assault him, and tell him you're a cop. Let a press release take it from there.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
You're not the first to hint at disappointment in the direction our civil services are headed.

Debilitating litigious erosion of confidence has been and will continue to be a major problem for public and private services.

At least with private services, a catastrophic mistake might only bankrupt a private service provider, not a whole municipality.

I find it very telling that 1.5 years ago we had many cops that posted here and they would defend the police. Today those defenses are fewer and further between while even the police are starting to feel disillusioned by the job.

Also, with your idea of private services, if a private sector provider gets bankrupted (and lets be honest, there's just going to be 1 per town) that municipality is going to lose that service for a time. Alternatively they become de facto too big too fail.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They're (the FOP) are blowing this out of proportion.

They're just mad bc someone spoke up about the truth and that someone happens to be a celebrity.

Like the majority of citizens with half a brain didn't know that police ARE murdering innocent US citizens on a very regular basis, and getting away with it.

Threatening QT is only making them look immature and only bolstering the comments made by QT.

Morons.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Gotta say Pasco sounds like a petty, vindictive and very poor figurehead for the police. He's like the asshole bully at school telling their victim to expect a beating and not saying when...psychological bullying.

I dont know if its the same as in the UK but the Union leaders here for the Fire Brigade and London Underground are the worst kind of people, militants trying to get benefits their members do not deserve at the expense of the public.

Unsure why a soldier gets paid less than a Fire Fighter or a train driver...my opinion.

They arent the figurehead, thats the Commissioner (or whatever), the union blokes are the ones who support the workers. Problem you have is that there maybe a large percentage of "beat" Officers who think that they are sent out with a gun to face an increasingly hostile public with less backup and the next kill could be themselves. They will then back the people who are trying to protect them, the unions. Of course there are bad eggs, but the majority dont want to be hung out for a perceived mistake when they were just doing their job, so they go on the offensive.

In my opinion, cameras and voice recorders, better training and an open and fair independent police complaints office and justice. If you cant hack it you should be given a badge and a gun and if you go out with one then you are responsible for your actions.

Although Quentin Tarantino's scene of how to handle a police officer in Reservoir Dogs probably didnt help officers feel comfortable with a win win solution...followed by the cop with a passion for back dooring folk....Im sure they all love him!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Perhaps if I put on my conspiracy hat on could this be the threat that came to life, no proof whatsoever but I'd look in their direction as possible suspects.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
I work very closely with the Florida police and the Fire Department, there are even some FBI members on our team. The folks I work with, there is nothing measly about them.

If you are a good LEO, don't sell yourself short. We need as many of you as we can get. It is easy to turn to the dark side, and it is getting easier all the time. I admit there are times that the people we serve truly do make the job challenging, but for the most part the only measley thing involved is the pay.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was on a 13 week assignment earlier this year. I just happened to have a suite in a long term stay hotel where a movie distribution group was also staying.

I had the privilege of watching preproduction copies of several movies they were given as part of their job. I was surprised that this was part of the business, and kept thinking how easy this could be exploited, but it seems they have operated this way for years. So, it obviously it hasn't been a problem in the past. And you hear of people going to private screenings all the time, so there are obviously copies being handed out to at least a select few.

I really don't think it is going to cut into his profit margin by that much. In fact if will probably back fire and make him more money. But if it turns out that the FOP even so much as knew about this, it will only confirm what people feel about dirty cops being groomed from the top.

Even if they are innocent, they are smelling dirty, and the FOP is completely to blame.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
Read the fine print on your union contract.

In Florida I don't think they can penalize you for not paying into the union. There is a lot that the union should tell you, but does not openly share, because it does not benefit them financially.

A union is only as good as the members make it. I hear people blaming the union for not fixing the problems they were brought in for, but the union is only as strong as its members.

You can't bitch about being stuck in the house and never going anywhere, when you have a car in the garage. If you don't take the car from the garage and travel to your destination, the fault is yours, not the car's or the garage.

If you are not a member, you are still fully covered by the collective bargaining agreement that was negotiated between your employer and the union, and the union is obligated to represent you. Any benefits that are provided to you by your employer pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement (e.g., wages, seniority, vacations, pensions, health insurance)are not affected by your nonmembership. (If the union offers some "members-only" benefits, you might be excluded from receiving those.) If you are not a member, you may not be able to participate in union elections or meetings, vote in collective bargaining ratification elections, or participate in other "internal" union activities. However, you cannot be disciplined by the union for anything you do while not a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join