It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Union Threatens Quentin Tarantino With 'Surprise'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The head of the Fraternal Order of Police said he has a "surprise" for filmmaker Quentin Tarantino.
"Something could happen anytime between now and the premiere" of Tarantino's new film, the Fraternal Order of Police leader said.
Jim Pasco, executive director of the largest U.S. police union, offered the creepy statement Thursday to The Hollywood Reporter, vowing to get back at the "Pulp Fiction" director for comments decrying police brutality at a rally last month.

Pasco wouldn't give details, but promised the union will "be opportunistic" with the surprise some time before the premiere of Tarantino's new film, "The Hateful Eight."

"Something is in the works, but the element of surprise is the most important element," Pasco said. "Something could happen anytime between now and [the premiere]. And a lot of it is going to be driven by Tarantino, who is nothing if not predictable."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

No of course none is thinking that the cops is going to harm Q.T perhaps a boycott of his movies,but if a spokes person of Blacklivesmatter said that they have a surprise for Jim Pasco ,how would it go over with media and the Cops.
to echo and expand upon a comment made by a TYT commentator what if the Pasco had said We protect Quentin Tarantino and his right to voice his opinion, and while we do not condone bad behavior by members of our ranks the community must remember not all cops are bad cops.
Isn't that way better than some cryptic threat that makes him seem like the kind of person that will cover-up bad behavior from cops.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Stupid thing to say!

What are they? 12?

Ridiculous!

That really makes him/them look bad as equally bad/reactionary as Tarantino and his comments. Or, the comments that we are being told were made...maybe some parts are being left out...

The right time and place will come up and we’ll try to hurt him in the only way that seems to matter to him, and that’s economically.”

“All cops are not murderers,” he clarified to the Los Angeles Times. “I never said that. I never even implied that.”

LINK
edit on 6-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sure sounds like mafia tactics from the mob with a badge doesn't it.

I'd say it's unbelievable...
But it's not...

This is just how brazen pigs have become in their tyranny from above the law.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nice video we will need more change to stop the criminal elements in the police nation wide!

I want to see some positive change, stop murdering the people period!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The head of the Fraternal Order of Police said he has a "surprise" for filmmaker Quentin Tarantino. "Something could happen anytime between now and the premiere" of Tarantino's new film, the Fraternal Order of Police leader said.

Well that adds credibility to the thought that the police has a gang mentality.

Not that I condone what Terrantino said but thats a pretty ignorant thing for an official to say. Even though, it will surely turn out to be a march or organized boycot of the film.

On the good news the Fraternal Order of Police just opened the flood gates for micro scrutiny from people with money,resources and contacts.
edit on 091130America/ChicagoFri, 06 Nov 2015 22:09:08 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

On the good news the Fraternal Order of Police just opened the flood gates for micro scrutiny from people with money,resources and contacts.

Not to mention the FBI, and the IRS. Perhaps a thorough review of the Unions books is in order.
You can't just threaten citizens.

I expect a retraction real soon. The media is going to go crazy with this.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
sounds like typical gang/mafia behavior to me.

Making vague threats and all.

Who can honestly be surprised?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
And again they demonstrate why Shammy said no thanks.

What a ludicrously jackass thing to say. I get he's trying to be cute about it but come on dude, seriously? That's just asinine.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah they need to stop with this.

If you don't like what he has said boycott his movies.

They're making all cops look bad with this crap.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Damn, I was going to go see the hateful eight.

Now I'm gonna see it ten times.
edit on 7-11-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Sure sounds like mafia tactics from the mob with a badge doesn't it.

I'd say it's unbelievable...
But it's not...

This is just how brazen pigs have become in their tyranny from above the law.

Another triumph of public relations Jim ---- NOT !

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Gestapo Mentality..And this is why we cant have nice things

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

If I was more evil than I am, now would be a great time to kill Tarentino and leave a trail back to a cop.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Are you a FOP member? If a lot of LEOs felt this way, can't they just tell FOP to drop it?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

With all the vids surfacing the police themselves are doing a damn fine job of making themselves look bad,now we hear it from further up the food chain...yeah not good.....now something sinister happens to Tarantino who do you think will cop the blame ?

I see Bedlam is thinking along the same lines...talk about adding fuel to the fire....

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Dude, I am just a measly non-union patrol officer in Florida.

I have nothing to do with the NYPD or LAPD.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Plus, ya gotta ask yourself, if cops go overboard on "punishing" Tarentino and TV and movies start depicting cops a bit more accurately, is that going to turn public opinion even more against them?

A lot of "cops aren't necessarily good" entertainment might erode the "cops are always right" opinion in the courtroom.

I think FOP might be poking the beehive on this one. And I'm ok with that. Nothing like getting caught "teaching a movie producer a lesson" to drag that into the light.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I thought FOP was nation wide. Although my impression was that it was more for manager level LEOs.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

He might be planning a drug bust on QT. If the police were going to target him, the reputed drug use would have the biggest potential for damage. I mean, he could get raided and they could (speculating) push trafficking charges over simple possession based on quantity. Landing him in court and costing him time and dollars could be the plan suggested by Pasco.

Gotta say Pasco sounds like a petty, vindictive and very poor figurehead for the police. He's like the asshole bully at school telling their victim to expect a beating and not saying when...psychological bullying.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

It is nationwide but not every department is unionized.

The previous agency I worked for was FOP.

It doesn't make a difference though as the unions are not as powerful in Florida as they are up north.

<<   2 >>

join