It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura and Ben Swann: It’s Time to End the War on Drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Investigative reporter -- and real life vigilante -- Ben Swann joins me in this special edition of Off The Grid to discuss our government’s never ending war on drugs. Swann reveals some shocking truths about the decades-old propaganda that proponents of legalization are always up against, including Big Media’s lack of coverage or understanding on the issue. Plus, how much would the government save if we legalized drugs altogether? You’re one click away from finding out! Agree or disagree with me and Ben?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Yep,way overdue,you'd think they would have learned from prohibition that making things illegal only creates a black market for them,but maybe that was their plan in the first place,either way keep waking people up.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Agree or disagree with me and Ben?

I think you guys hit the nail on the head, I agree with every word. I don't often watch OTG but I'm glad I watched this ep.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think you guys are right on.

Thanks for posting this.

I also, like CO don't watch OTG often. Glad I watched this.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thanks, very informative. Very alarming as well.

"Nearly half the people in prison are for drug offenses."
-Ventura

Thus as why I support Bernie's marijuana bill. See more from this current thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I am generally for removing prohibition on a great number of narcotic substances. However, I think it would be terminally stupid for the tolerance and acceptance which is justly given to marijuana, to be applied to something like crystal meth.

There are scales to these things.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think you will see by my user name i am all for legalization of soft drugs

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Good job, Jessie! You've got my vote if you decide to run!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't need to click, ( video wouldn't load here up north anyway) to agree. The war on drugs is despicable, and has caused much unnecessary hardship and suffering. You have my respect. Drug war should end, as it should have never began.
edit on 7-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just what need more doped up Americans making dumber decisions that's how we got the Kenyan Communist in the first place. How about we start executing dope dealers instead?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Right, because ending the war on drugs would jumpstart massive numbers of new users and addicts. Oh wat... No it doesn't. In Portugal for example, it REDUCED the numbers of addicts and regular users of hard drugs, increased treatment options which reduced jail overcrowding and reduced the rates of STD infection. Yes indeed... They have truly failed with their decriminalization and flooded the market haven't they!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Enochstask

Right, because ending the war on drugs would jumpstart massive numbers of new users and addicts. Oh wat... No it doesn't. In Portugal for example, it REDUCED the numbers of addicts and regular users of hard drugs, increased treatment options which reduced jail overcrowding and reduced the rates of STD infection. Yes indeed... They have truly failed with their decriminalization and flooded the market haven't they!

America isn't Portugal. Would you keep a pound of coc aine or heroin in your house knowing if you got caught you would get the death penalty?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Praise Jesus hallelujah praise Jesus exclamation mark next line I can't watch the video but I do agree full stop praise Jesus the South American drug lord who brought analgesics to the world

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
here is how i think on the whole situation.

Cannabis-fully legal for recreational and medical use, allow to grow up to certain amount

Psilocybin mushrooms-legal for recreational and medical use -allow to groa certain amount

'___'-remain illegal-hospital recovery -no jail, educate youth on its dangers, show students psych wards or interviews with people who end up perma-tripping.

Crack and coc aine-remain illegal but no jail, manditory hospital recovery- educate by former addicts in schools

meth-remain illegal-no jail time-manditory hospital recovery
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
basicly stop jailing addicts, its too costly, it creates more reactions by addicts and law enforcement that escalate criminal behavior. Ive discussed this idea with many medical professionals who agree with this idea. Also as a fall back we should create a small inner city industrial building to guard people who want a safe place to do there drugs without legal recourse. all im saying is we cannot keep brow beating the addicted community and reject them, it adds to the mental health negativity and addicts become criminals because we instantly label them as such.

America is based in drugs, prostitution and criminals. all im saying is lets try to change the way we mentaly think of ourselves and victims of nature.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Plus, how much would the government save if we legalized drugs altogether?

Ending the war on drugs isn't just about saving money on prisons, agents, prosecution, etc. It's about collecting taxes from drug sales, and doing research to keep them safe. If you have pot readily available, then much fewer people will be doing crack and other drugs which make them violent and we could even see a decrease in crime. Show me 2 cases where a person high on pot robbed a liquor store.

edit on 8-11-2015 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2015 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This would have been my 1st time to watch the video in these threads, but my GF and I are listening to live Dead.

We are mammals. We have been trained to be humans. It's very likely that repressing our nature has made us rabid.

sublimation: a mature type of defense mechanism where socially unacceptable impulses or idealizations are unconsciously transformed into socially acceptable actions or behavior, possibly resulting in a long-term conversion of the initial impulse.

psychosis: refers to an abnormal condition of the mind described as involving a "loss of contact with reality".

inhibition: a feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and NATURAL way.

Release your inhibitions.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

I have come back into the thread to see the responses. Brackets hear the responses and bracket full stop next sentence there have been 6 or 7 replies opinions and they and they have not responded full stop next paragraph they are obviously too busy with the next video. Full stop go to post button thank you

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

I have come back into the thread to see the responses. Brackets hear the responses and bracket full stop next sentence there have been 6 or 7 replies opinions and they and they have not responded full stop next paragraph they are obviously too busy with the next video. Full stop go to post button thank you

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am generally for removing prohibition on a great number of narcotic substances. However, I think it would be terminally stupid for the tolerance and acceptance which is justly given to marijuana, to be applied to something like crystal meth.

There are scales to these things.

The reason is that it's usually cheaper to treat peoples addictions than it is to throw them in jail. Distributors? Sure, lock them up. End users? I would much rather treat them and try to make them productive members of society than to throw them in jail. I see them more as victims than criminals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join