It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could have one heightened sense which would you pick?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
heightened sight would be pretty awesome but you could still only see in the one direction.
heightened sense of touch.....eh...whatev
taste....that would be pretty cool i suppose. it would be fun if you could eat something and taste every individual ingredient.
i think the way to go would be smell or hearing.
you can hear/smell things in all directions. i think you could be better alerted with these 2 senses.

i think it would be cool to have a heightened sense of smell. im talking like bloodhound style.
i think i could put that gift to good use

what about you?
which would you pick?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Does it have to be one of the basics?
If not, mine would be heightened brain power. ie unlocking the entire noodle!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i think it would be cool to have a heightened sense of smell. im talking like bloodhound style.
i think i could put that gift to good use

Ja, I too would like a heightened sense of smell and would not be adverse to a shockingly huge hooter to (1) sniff out the loot and (2) well because the air is free. And I'm sure where one sense predominates another sense power would decrease so I suppose I'd end up with close-set beady eyes. Oh well, that's the rub

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would like to be able to know when women are really attracted to me; so I wouldn't make a fool out of myself trying to impress them with dumbass jokes and selfpromoting lies.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Common sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I would pick a heightened sense of hearing. All other senses seem limited, but hearing is 360 in all directions.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I would like to be able to know when women are really attracted to me; so I wouldn't make a fool out of myself trying to impress them with dumbass jokes and selfpromoting lies.

I've found that many women like our dumb_ss jokes if they're still entertained by them (even if it means laughing at us instead of laughing with us). Generally, they seem to be more concerned with the amount of effort we make when trying to win them over. They usually look past most of our initial flaws (from my experience). Just my 2 cents.

As for the OP: If you're talking about the 5 basic senses, I'd probably want super sight or super hearing. Super hearing would be the one I could use without others noticing it, while super sight might freak me out depending on what I saw (UV rays, magnetic fields, other forms of light?).

Super smell would probably be the most incredible unless I couldn't turn it off. Supposedly, wolves can smell emotional changes, the impulses before a new action, & all kinds of other things. But I'd also smell everyone's specific scent, when people are constipated, when people didn't wash their hands, when people are sick (and probably which illness), etc. Plus, I'd probably be able to smell each person's sex life on them, which I simply don't want to know. So yeah, probably no super smell for me...

And super touch would suck. It would probably make nearly all physical contact unbearable. Then again, maybe it would make good physical contact so incredible that the bad would be worth it?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't want a heightened sense, I would just want all my senses in perfectly good working order. I already have sensitive hearing and I hate it. Little sounds that are considered background noises, they bug the crap out of me. The sound of the toilette running, the fridge running, the cat sharpening her claws... it's the little noises. You especially do not want super sensitive hearing if you have insomnia.

For super sight, if your brain couldn't adjust to handle the information, I think it would get a bit overwhelming.

Super smell? No, just no, cleaning out the litter box is bad enough as it is. I have the worst gag reflex when it comes to bad odors.

Touch? As someone else mentioned, over stimulation. Could you imagine, the itchy tag on the back of your shirt, only 10x worse?
edit on 11/6/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Probably hearing but i would need to be able to turn it off .Like for example when the daughter is in her room with her boyfriend . Some things you dont need to hear .

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sounds like you never tried MDMA when you where younger lol.
It makes you see music and taste what you touch, and feel what you hear and smell.
Such an amazing experience.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I used to be able to see my mental images a lot more vividly - not as vivid as dreams, but a lot better than I do now, which is kind of like shadows of things.

I think what happened was that, because I began to think more and more "vocally", that is, with inner dialog / internal discourse, my mental imagery (visualizations) became diminished, as they were not used as much, yet I would prefer they not have.

So, yeah, I want a heightened sense of visualizations so that I can, once again, easily visualize mechanical logic. Actually, I would love to see my mental images as vividly as I do while dreaming - that would be awesome.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
OP. If you want heightened sense of taste and heightened sense of touch and feel the energy flows in the body I think you should learn how to achieve energetic body awareness and learn how to flow energy.
edit on 7-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I am so bad at building pictures in 3D and going above 3D I have no clue at all how it will look. Sound and logical thought is so much easier than sight for me to be creative with.

I would say 95% of all souls on this planet have more ability in building pictures than me.
edit on 7-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This is an easy one for me. Based on my hobbies and general interests I'd benefit most from heightened sight. Although, it would almost be cheating to apply this to my favorite sports and hobbies. A pitcher wouldn't have a chance to throw a ball by me, even Aroldis Chapman on HGH would be like slow pitch softball. No poker player could conceal their heart beat or shaky fingers or sweat. Shooting a target at 1 mile? Pfft, wouldn't even need a scope to see the mirage to estimate wind drift. And having better vision in the dark would be incredible, if that's included.

It would be very tempting to use super sight for monetary or competitive gain, but I would do my best to use it in a way that benefits others or to simply see the beautiful things in life. And I don't think I could tolerate any other heightened senses, unless I had full control over it. Imagine being around people with terrible hygiene or, even worse, imagine dogs barking, babies crying, powerful thunderstorms, or even fireworks.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Def not smell!!! Put some thought into that one buddy unless you REALLY love the smell of farts.
Sight...it is the only sense besides touch I think you could enhance without going completly insane

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would pick a heightened sense of hearing. All other senses seem limited, but hearing is 360 in all directions.

pretty sure you can smell things in all directions too.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
Def not smell!!! Put some thought into that one buddy unless you REALLY love the smell of farts.
Sight...it is the only sense besides touch I think you could enhance without going completly insane

I don't know. It depends if our super sight would include seeing microscopic things. If so, we'd probably go crazy from seeing all of the bacteria, inactive virus cells, & mold spores everywhere lol. Just think of the people who hate germs now, then magnify that. In our drinks, on our foods, breeding on our skin, etc.

I agree with you on smell though, unless I could turn it on & off at will.
edit on 7-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I desire a heightened sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Drastically improved night vision. Perhaps something akin to nocturnal mammals.

Or improved proprioceptive sense. This would greatly enhance my martial arts.
edit on 7-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join