It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Hit Piece On Politico Renamed And Modified - LOL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Appears there has been a change over at Politico on their Hit Piece.... LOL

Why not keep it the way it was? Oh, I think I can guess.

Funny.
www.politico.com...
Before: "Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship"

On Friday, Ben Carson’s campaign admitted that a central point in his inspirational personal story was fabricated: his application and acceptance into the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

Now: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Friday conceded that he never applied nor was granted admission to West Point and attempted to recast his previous claims of a full scholarship to the military academy — despite numerous public and written statements to the contrary over the last few decades.

Their Story received 4 Cow Pies

ace.mu.nu...

November 06, 2015
Politico's Hit on Carson

Some notes.

(1) The headline is misleading. The Carson campaign statement does not admit he fabricated anything. Here's the statement: "Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit,” campaign manager Barry Bennett wrote in an email to POLITICO. “In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer. He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors,” Bennett added. “They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission.”

(2) The lede is outright false. Politico's Kyle D. Cheney starts with this claim: "Ben Carson’s campaign on Friday admitted, in a response to an inquiry from POLITICO, that a central point in his inspirational personal story was fabricated: his application and acceptance into the U.S. Military Academy at West Point." But no where in the piece does Cheney tell the reader where Carson made this "application and acceptance" claim.

(3) It is, of course, very easy to show that Carson never applied to or was accepted to West Point, if in fact he never applied. Thus, the entire piece hinges on this missing piece of information: where and when did Carson say that he applied to and was accepted to Westpoint?

(4) There is a lot of evidence that Carson never made that claim. Particularly, because in both his book and his speeches, he talks about whittling his options down to Harvard and Yale, and in the end deciding to apply only to Yale, where he was accepted.

(5) Carson's book does have a single line: "Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point.” This isn't quite wrong either. Nobody gets scholarships per se to West Point; as a service academy, repayment is the term of service after graduation. But that's exactly Carson's point when he says he didn't take up the West Point opportunity because he didn't want the service commitment to delay his medical career.

In short, the Politico piece is deeply misleading because it misstates the lie that Carson supposedly told and mischaracterizes the campaign's response. I give it Four Cow Pies.

edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Just heard about this.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

They should have renamed it, "Leftists grasping At Straws".

hahahahahahahahaha

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
All day the news media ran with this, would have been nice if they waited or did some research on their own,
edit on 6-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ben Carson digitally lynched by the Liberal Communist media. Where is black lives matter?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Krazysh0t was right about how the left would back off a fabricated piece when they were called out on it, unlike the right did with the birther thing. Still, I am glad that the truth came out. In my opinion, Ben Carson was offered a scholarship by someone from West Point unofficially who met him in person at an event, but never applied.
edit on 06pmFri, 06 Nov 2015 17:59:16 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Good! As I thought, the truth was somewhere in the middle.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the update. Ben Carson has been assigned
Secret Service protection, he is a serious threat to the
Propaganda machine aka The Press. I imagine the liberals
in the msm are frothing at the mouth thinking he has that much clout.

I sense desperation from the left machine on this story,
a leftist hit piece....they will be hanging on his every
word, left sleepless and fraught with worry until they can
find a way to discredit him.

edit on 6-11-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Krazysh0t was right about how the left would back off a fabricated piece when they were called out on it, unlike the right did with the birther thing. Still, I am glad that the truth came out. In my opinion, Ben Carson was offered a scholarship by someone from West Point unofficially who met him in person at an event, but never applied.

Being offered a chance to make it into West Point is like being offered a scholarship. If you get in, your education is paid for. So if someone did offer to help open doors should Carson have chosen to apply, then to a 17-year-old, that is like being offered a scholarship.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I am waiting for them to "Roll out some Ladies" and accuse him of sexual harassment next.

Let's see if the prediction stands.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The sad thing is this was likely a Republican hit piece not Dems. Establishment Republicans don't like political outsiders. You know when someone is doing something right by the quality of their enemies.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I am waiting for them to "Roll out some Ladies" and accuse him of sexual harassment next.

That is what they did to Herman Cain four years ago. There is never any proof mind you, but that doesn't matter once they put that BS out there. Republican's can't have a black candidate apparently.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nothing is beneath them for sure.

a reply to: Metallicus

This sort of story has signature features similar to
those in the past from James Carville, or Sid Bluementhal
and the likes....

just my 2 cents

edit on 6-11-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That is what they did to Herman Cain four years ago. There is never any proof mind you, but that doesn't matter once they put that BS out there. Republican's can't have a black candidate apparently.

Yeah, fascinating how fast those accusers disappeared when the poll numbers did.

One wonders if this time the electorate is angry enough to tell the press to go, well, you know.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wait ... was this done by the Racist Communist Democrats or the Racist Jealous Republicans?

I want to know who to blame ...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The sad thing is this was likely a Republican hit piece not Dems. Establishment Republicans don't like political outsiders. You know when someone is doing something right by the quality of their enemies.

Not this time.

Kyle Cheney is a the Progressive # bag author who has been gunning for Carson.

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Not this time.

Kyle Cheney is a the Progressive # bag author who has been gunning for Carson.

twitter.com...

Maybe still working covertly for Trump though, don't you think?

I mean, it's not like Dr. Carson has said anything else ... questionable.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It isn't so much the republican or democrat dirtbags that would do this as much a it's the people that would eat this up without a thought. Just look at this site!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
At first I thought the GOP may be pulling the same stunt they did on Cain last election..

Checking over at www.realclearpolitics.com...

It seems that the only GOP candidate that is defeating the DEM's potential nominees ....

Is Dr. Carson..

Both Hillary & Sanders do well and pretty much wipe the floor with Trump..

So with that information, and knowing how much both parties love polling data, I would lean towards this week's Carson headlines being the work of the Clinton machine..

I could be wrong, but...for all I know, I could be right...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That's what I've been saying. To me, this smells like something someone in #2 position would back-channel feed to the media.

It serves two purposes:

1. Causes Carson's campaign to go into damage control mode and loose focus

2. Makes Democrats and left-leaning people look silly and desperate for jumping on it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join