It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nervous about getting teeth pulled...pain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I recently had to have two teeth removed. It was painless. They gave be a little gas, which keeps you just sedated enough that there is zero pain during the removal. You will still be awake during the removal. When the removal was done they turned off the gas and started oxygen. In a few minutes I was able to talk and walk around. I was given a prescription for some drug, just encase of pain after I got home. I never needed the prescription. I just took some Ibuprofen when I got home. The total experience was never bad at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: armed10peasant

I did everything I was supposed to and got horrendous dry socket. Then, when I was getting it packed, the dentist offered me to either get it packed right away (it was a weekend) or wait to call in a nurse to do some anesthesia to help with the pain. I was an idiot and wanted it done right away.

It was like having a red-hot wire shoved up my cheek from inside my mouth.

Never, ever doing that again. I don't know how I managed to keep still long enough for him to pack it that first time.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I got 6 teeth pulled. They knocked me out and put me on drugs that made me feel quite high. There was zero pain involved.

The aftermath can be tricky if you don't adhere to instructions for post-care.

Root canals were far worse.

<< 1   >>

join