It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did any of the aerospace hacks include a poison pill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Recently saw someone toss the thought around, either on ATS or F-16, that given some recent troubles by China in developing their J-20 and J-31 5th Generation fighters, we might have expected espionage and included questionable data. Anyone have any feelings on the legitimacy of this? It's an interesting thought, though not without danger (How much legitimate data should we allow them to leapfrog onto for a few major glitches..)

I've often pondered how aggressive we could be in the defense of our aerospace secrets and to what extent the NSA works with defense contractors to passively or aggressively defend data. I'd be elated if we took this opportunity to fire back and weren't as out-gunned as media reports sometimes lead one to believe, success with Iran's reactors and financial institutions aside.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
But of course.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ferros

classic honey pot.

other then having a mole you really think they would leave TS/SCI hooked up to a normal internet connection?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Sadly, it is possible. Stupid, it happens.

OTOH, the J-31 does have some issues that could have been poison pills.

The J-20 is rather different though. There may be some technology taken, especially in the LO arena, but the planform appears different than the US fighters.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'd be less interested with what Unit 61398 has stolen and more with what employees have tried to walk away with.
There's been quite a number of low and high profile espionage attempts thwarted in recent years, and it's difficult for me to imagine we've caught them all.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
We are getting the same in Australia on our purchase of new submarines, its f*****g scandalous if you ask me but i am sure its less harmful than James Bond types killing people.

Chinese and Russian spies have attempted to hack into the top ­secret details of Australia’s future submarines, with both Beijing and Moscow believed to have mounted repeated cyber attacks in recent months. The hacking attempts have been aimed at the submarine builders in Germany, France and Japan bidding for the $20 billion contract to build the new fleet. The bidders are holding highly sensitive information about the Royal Australian Navy’s technical requirements for its new-generation submarines.

www.theaustralian.com.au... ?sv=8bd4407d0ca472ff94657da79d12b9d1

new topics

top topics

join