It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Student Tackled in Her Desk By Cops Because She Smoked a Cigarette Outside

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
a reply to: XTexanSo the cops messed up. Pazera's still a fat bitch.

Unfortunately for them that amounts to assault and false imprisonment. If they were armed then that should bump it up to a felony. She may be fat but they're violent felons who belong in a federal prison.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
a reply to: XTexanSo the cops messed up. Pazera's still a fat bitch.

You seem infatuated with placing the words "fat" and "bitch" together as if it is relevant to the discussion for some reason. Because logic, actual thought or even rudimentary coherence are clearly challenges for you, I'll spell it out: The size of the woman, her gender, or a negative opinion about her personality should have nothing to do with how these cops treated her. I give you less than 48 hours on this site before they punt you and good riddance. You can go back to whatever shallow pools of pond scum that you usually hang out in on Reddit and let the grownups talk.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

On a serious note, there is a disturbing trend I've been noticing in these videos popping up everywhere.

- College aged kids
- Campus security or renta-cops
- Shouting, "I'm not resisting! You're hurting me!" while obviously actively resisting.
- Cameras already rolling in expectation of a physical confrontation before it begins

That is not to say there aren't some truly disturbing police brutality videos, or that the actions of these campus officers in this situation were lawful in any way.

I know someone will get angry and throw a bunch of police brutality videos at me and decry me as a denier. That is not the case. I am saying there is actually a separate thing going on that fulfills the above critera, that appears to be manufactured.
edit on 7-11-2015 by czerro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Campus policy!= enforceable law by a LEO.

Pretty sure he can't trespass her, either. He's got to be a representative of the school, not a cop, to do so. Also he has to verbally tell her she's constructively trespassing and permit her to leave.

He can't just think it to himself and then attack.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I see a 998 letter being accepted by the defendants in the near future.

and if they don't accept it. when they finally capitulate they will legally have to pay the plaintiff et al 10% interest off the amount of the 998 from the day it was first served.

basically the collage is gunna go bankrupt. good luck trying a breach in faith with their insurers (who aint gunna be paying for this one) once details are discovered. the college is gunna get stuck with the full bill.

ie those cops and the college that hired them are total dumb asses.
edit on 7-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: czerro

On a serious note, there is a disturbing trend I've been noticing in these videos popping up everywhere.

- College aged kids
- Campus security or renta-cops
- Shouting, "I'm not resisting! You're hurting me!" while obviously actively resisting.
- Cameras already rolling in expectation of a physical confrontation before it begins

I think that you are probably right here and some situations are escalated by a student, possibly even deliberately. I do think that when a cop acts aggressively without much reason of provocation then it can be prudent to try to get it on record and at least say that they are hurting you. I also think that some people will resist pain but they aren't necessarily resisting arrest and if they are frightened of being potentially hurt very badly that can be even worse. That is where the police have an obligation to cultivate public trust and lately they are doing the opposite.

People are scared, they react in an exaggerated way, the cops are trained to react with more violence to any perceived resistance, people react or "resist" more and it's a spiral that escalates these situations. Pain causes anyone to brace against it and tense up, especially unexpected pain. Even a psychologically compliant person, someone who is willing to submit to an arrest will tense up and "resist" pain, and what I see are a lot of cops reacting aggressively to that tensing up and they start shouting "stop resisting" so they can justify their own actions. This goes both ways. I think that I would have a hard time being limp and physically passive if two 200 lb men were shoving me to the ground, sitting on me and yanking my arms behind my back. I would be wondering if they even knew how bad they were hurting me, if they would care because they are obviously intent on aggression, and if they may hurt me even worse even unintentionally.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

i hear ya,

i don't know why my employer spent money on urinals. people seem to be quite content on urinating on the floor.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It's called passive resistance. It's a common guerrilla tactic since the 60's in the US. You lock your body and push your shoulders forward and tense. It's pretty much impossible to move a person from this position unless they become tired or you physically escalate. My Sociology professor explained how to do this when we were all encouraged to engage in a reparations demonstration when I was in college.

I was aghast...

You are also told to say, "I am not resisting, you are hurting me." while continuing passive resistance. You should say it as much as possible. This all looks very coached, and sounds very scary and familiar.

BTW: The 'encouragement' was in reference towards your pass/fail in a pass/fail class :/. It was really gross all around. I hated that professor...I guess there is just lots of terrible people in lots of fields, that can abuse their power towards their own interests...
edit on 8-11-2015 by czerro because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2015 by czerro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

There's much more to smoking than "Oh, you smoke? Ok, whatever" because of issues like secondhand smoke. There's also the fact that it's extremely addicting and quite harmful.

There's a balance that needs to be struck between allowing evil companies to exist (and yes, Tobacco companies are pure evil) and allowing people to enjoy something if they know the risks.

Do you know the most common phrase from smokers on smoking? It's them telling non smokers to never start. I think that's very telling about what types of regulations we need to put on the product.

This in no way condones the officers behavior.

originally posted by: Enochstask
So if some man rapes your mother and the police spot him and pull him over then asks him to step out of the car to answer some questions, and he says "no" you are okay with that?

It depends on why they pulled him over. If he matched a description given that's one thing. If the police are just randomly pulling people over and he happened to be guilty of something that's another matter entirely.

originally posted by: JimNasiumYounger guys as Campus Cops (Rubber Gun Squad) doesn't bode well for anyone.. They couldn't get into Chicago PD or Schaumberg for that matter but I bet they go to the bigger cities and badge their way into bars and act stupid... Wanna bet?

At my school they give the campus police real guns with real bullets and the job description is about on par with what you would expect from a McDonalds job description. It uses phrases like stand for hours at a time, and manipulate objects and firearms with hands and fingers.
edit on 8-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Second-hand smoke isn't real...:/

Just think about it for a second. All those carcinogens go through the filter into the smokers lungs, where they are then again filtered and dispersed into an area that makes those contaminates infinitesimal and they are pretty dead on release. They are too heavy and too inert at this point to be breathed in at a capacity that can injure a party 6 inches from one let alone someone else wafting the stink.

'Second Hand Smoke' is fake, other than it being an obnoxious thing that we needed to rid public places of.

But now...we are vaporizing chemical flavorings at seriously alarming temperatures that they were never intended to be used at, or ingested as...and it's considered very healthy. Ironically, it's still as obnoxious and probably has more concerning potential hazards.

Do you guys remember a time that it was considered HEALTHY to smoke?

This is not a joke. It was a real thing.

It was HEALTHY to smoke. The Surgeon General endorsed it at one time...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: czerro

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Aside from the fact that tobacco companies paid doctors to endorse cigs decades ago, we do indeed have damage from second hand smoke. I as a smoker for several years (wish I had all that money back....) and now that I quit and see things from the non-smoker angle. Do your proper homework. "Fake". Good grief.

On topic now...
I'm a bit torn. On one hand, the cops probably didn't have to slam her to the ground. On the other hand, she was very clearly resisting and should have just done what she was instructed to do. That's typical "I'm above the law, you can't tell me what to do" attitude. So which is it? Do the cops go "Oh, she doesn't want to obey campus rules/local laws, and she said to go away, so I guess we leave her alone and don't enforce things on her too"?

And the title of this thread? Pure bull, but of course the OP won't address that fact. She was put on the ground for resisting, not for smoking. Can we please get an ounce of honesty in this forum?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What I find disturbing about this is that Colleges and Universities have their own police forces in the first place. Armed police with the power to arrest people for violating their policies, not the law.

As far as smoking goes, people have gone off the deep end. I saw a cartoon the other day where a guy was smoking. Another guy was looking at him at first with anger on his face then it changed to a smile. The caption in the picture with the anger was "How dare you subject me to second hand smoke!". The caption on the second picture with him smiling was "Is that pot? Way to go man!".

A few years ago my 18 year old nephew was suspended from school for three days for smoking. He was old enough to smoke, it was a Saturday and he was in his own yard. A teacher driving by saw him and reported him. He was cited for a violation of their "Code of Conduct" that apparently is in effect 24-7.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

She put out the cigarette, showed her ID, and went back to class. What part of that is resisting?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Did she, or did she not, comply with the instructions given?

It doesn't matter if you disagree with the instructions. Handle it properly. You never win by making a scene like that. If it's a wrongful arrest, get a good lawyer and go for some easy money. Happens all the time.

I sound like a broken record defending cops, and I agree these ones may have been rougher than needed, but there is a trend here. More and more people are getting the "I don't have to listen to the cops" mentality and it's winding up causing them more problems, or results in violence.

There's too many thugs out there actually trying to kill cops for them to just take it casually to everyone who gives them flack. Best to take every situation seriously. If people would shut up and do what they're told by people with legal authority (bring on the argument to that line!) things would go smoother. I strongly believe that the vast majority of so-called "excessive force" claims are the result of people so arrogant they don't think they have to obey the cops.

Seriously...what was the cop supposed to do? Imagine this...
Cop: Stand up, lets go.
Woman: No.
Cop: Please?
Woman: No.
Cop: Oh..Well ok then. Have a nice day ma'am.

This woman got what she had coming, but I also think there cops should be reprimanded. Not fired, but a disciplinary warning would be suitable.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
a reply to: Aazadan

Did she, or did she not, comply with the instructions given?

Is school policy enforceable by law enforcement officers as law, or is it just school policy?

This woman got what she had coming, but I also think there cops should be reprimanded. Not fired, but a disciplinary warning would be suitable.

Did she have it coming, or are the LEOs totally in the wrong here by attempting to enforce school policy as if it were law? Does their authority extend to the enforcement of something that's not law?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join