It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Student Tackled in Her Desk By Cops Because She Smoked a Cigarette Outside

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: Enochstask

Again, what does this have to do with this thread?

You want to piss and moan about liberals, start a thread. WHY are you seemingly OK with law enforcement behaving like brownshirts if liberals are the Nazis?

Not that it's any of your business, but I was answering another ATS members question.

People jump in on these all the time. It's a public conversation. It's kind of like sitting at a big table and people are free to come in and out of the conversation. So pull on your Big Girl panties and get over it Powder Puff.

Did you see or hear what the campus officers and the woman talked about before the altercation and phone recording started? None of us did. My point was, if people start picking and choosing when they talk to law enforcement then we have a problem. If she did or didn't do anything wrong it will come out in court. If the law enforcement were wrong, then let the punishments begin. For all we know the law enforcement officers might of just wanted to talk to her outside so they wouldn't disturb the class.

No we didn't see. We don't know. But unless she was threatening him a cigarette is not worth getting tackled and manhandled. We shouldn't have to live in fear of the police for something that trivial. It shouldn't even be on our radar that a situation could escalate to that point. So what if he just wanted to talk to her? He was completely out of line to take her down the way that he did or initiate ANY physical contact just because she didn't want to consent to allowing some jerk with a badge facilitating a petty, power trip over a cigarette.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

My point was, if people start picking and choosing when they talk to law enforcement then we have a problem

You Republicans like to go on and on about our rights and how the "left" want to take them away, you have the right to not speak to law enforcement, which means
For all we know the law enforcement officers might of just wanted to talk to her outside so they wouldn't disturb the class.

I am not a Republican.

Then they could have easily waited until the class was over
And no, none of us know what was said before the altercation started, but they could have waited until the class was over. Meanwhile, all you Republicans keep stating that it's the "liberals" who are "Nazis' and "fascists", but you're the ones that always say we should bow down to authority all the time

Maybe she flipped a cigarette at one of the campus law enforcement and they were taking her to an administrator for discipline and she chose not to go.

It was the Liberal/Nazi's that passed a bill in the middle of the night with the Speaker of the House smiling all wiley eyed proclaiming "We must pass the bill so we can read what's in it" that my friend is fascism.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

the problem with an extreme example to make a point is that it is derived from a false equivocation.

Seriously...smoking a cigarette...is worth physical contact with the police? What did that officer hope to gain by the interaction? Is it about the law, or is it about his ego and a demand that he be treated with unearned respect?

She was annoyed by his pettyness. So she walked away. No crime happened...as he felt comfortable with a "warning" being given verbally.

Im the kind of guy that ignores inconvenient laws as a daily habit. Like the "no smoking" ordinance atthe local hospital. Ill smoke in my car (or, would, when I smoked). If i am standing outside, even, there is no victim to my "crime". Its a pointless regulation that seizes rights without returning a tangible benefit to the public. Basically: its a social bully law.

Damned straight I'd ignore it. Just on principle.

We don't know what happened before the phone started recording.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Again, what does this have to do with this thread?

You want to piss and moan about liberals, start a thread. WHY are you seemingly OK with law enforcement behaving like brownshirts if liberals are the Nazis?

Not that it's any of your business, but I was answering another ATS members question.

People jump in on these all the time. It's a public conversation. It's kind of like sitting at a big table and people are free to come in and out of the conversation. So pull on your Big Girl panties and get over it Powder Puff.

Did you see or hear what the campus officers and the woman talked about before the altercation and phone recording started? None of us did. My point was, if people start picking and choosing when they talk to law enforcement then we have a problem. If she did or didn't do anything wrong it will come out in court. If the law enforcement were wrong, then let the punishments begin. For all we know the law enforcement officers might of just wanted to talk to her outside so they wouldn't disturb the class.

No we didn't see. We don't know. But unless she was threatening him a cigarette is not worth getting tackled and manhandled. We shouldn't have to live in fear of the police for something that trivial. It shouldn't even be on our radar that a situation could escalate to that point. So what if he just wanted to talk to her? He was completely out of line to take her down the way that he did or initiate ANY physical contact just because she didn't want to consent to allowing some jerk with a badge facilitating a petty, power trip over a cigarette.

We don't know what happened before the phone started recording.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I am not a Republican.

Sure

Maybe she flipped a cigarette at one of the campus law enforcement and they were taking her to an administrator for discipline and she chose not to go.

If she was not a threat to anyone in that classroom, they could have and should have waited. They are in the wrong

It was the Liberal/Nazi's that passed a bill in the middle of the night with the Speaker of the House smiling all wiley eyed proclaiming "We must pass the bill so we can read what's in it" that my friend is fascism.

fas·cism
ˈfaSHˌizəm/
noun
noun: fascism; noun: Fascism; plural noun: Fascisms

an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

More than one simple definition, These guys abused their power. This woman was no danger to anyone, they could have waited but decided to be Billy Badasses and act tough. They should be removed from their positions and charged with assault

(post by Blissful removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The officers'd asked her to stand prior to forcing her up.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

I see people saying they should have waited. For what? She obviously had no interest in voluntary contact and they didn't have probable cause to detain. They had no more of a right to force her into a "talk" than I do.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful

The officers'd asked her to stand prior to forcing her up.

What right did they have to ask her to stand.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes saw this vid was thinking of posting on it but went with something else, I have said this perhaps over a dozen times now, that what happens in minority communities will eventually reach the Majority communities this is becoming more and more commonplace think of minority communities as your warning pigeons.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Why do you laugh when someone uses Nazi and Liberals interchangeably? If they wanted to talk to her outside the classroom so they wouldn't disrupt the class and she refused, and then it lead to this situation, then I don't have a problem. I mean we can't have people deciding whether or not they want to go with law enforcement because nobody would go.

I laugh because the definitions of those two words are not at all similar. Maybe I should state this: I don't self identify as a "liberal", "nazi", "progressive", "neocon" etc.

By all means, you are free to believe and go along with whatever a law enforcement officer tells you to do. Enjoy your authoritarianism.

So if some man rapes your mother and the police spot him and pull him over then asks him to step out of the car to answer some questions, and he says "no" you are okay with that? I know her issue was a cigarette but violators of laws cannot pick and choose when they want to talk to police. Like I said earlier maybe they just wanted to talk to her.

No one is ever required to talk to a law enforcement officer. If the law enforcement officers have reasonable suspicion to detain someone for rape, then they can arrest them. STILL, the person being arrested does not have to talk to the law enforcement officers. Learn the laws you are subjected to.

It is kind of sad these days to see so many people who think they have to talk to police, or submit to searches without cause, and what's even sadder is that so many police are hoping that people won't know their own rights, so that cop can exploit that for his own gain to make his career profile look good to his bosses.
The corruption of ethics and morals in this country are reaching truly epic proportions.

One more thing, if I was at college, and saw a police attack and harm a girl in any way, I would pound his sorry ass into the pavement and break that son of a bitch's neck, even at the risk of my own death or life ruin. That is the kind of guy I am. There aren't enough of us left for it to help America it seems.
edit on 6-11-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

She'd violated campus regulation. At the university I'd attended it's against campus regulation to smoke there too. They'd given the other students including Ms. Pezera verbal warning and she's the only one who refused to show ID. I don't know what the rest of their protocol consists of, but hey.¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

That video proved she'd been resisting arrest. Fat bitch deserved to be slammed to the ground. BuhitchHITCH

Are you a cop or something??

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

One more thing, if I was at college, and saw a police attack and harm a girl in any way, I would pound his sorry ass into the pavement and break that son of a bitch's neck, even at the risk of my own death or life ruin. That is the kind of guy I am. There aren't enough of us left for it to help America it seems.

And you would become a martyr to a few, vilified by FOX and friends your personal life, records and presence of everything you ever said on social media lay bare before the world's gaze and this is after you have been martyred, btw I felt the same way when I saw that cop tossing a teenage girl across the rm and none stepped in.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: NowWhat

I am. Respect mah authoriteh~ Cartman.jpeg

link   

a reply to: XTexan

She'd violated campus regulation. At the university I'd attended it's against campus regulation to smoke there too. They'd given the other students including Ms. Pezera verbal warning and she's the only one who refused to show ID. I don't know what the rest of their protocol consists of, but hey.¯_(ツ)_/¯

She did provide ID, in the classroom. At that point their legal right to detain ended. They laid hands on her after that.

Also, I see a resisting arrest charge. What was she charged with originally?

edit on 6-11-2015 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2015 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

(post by Blissful removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Jumping Jehoshaphat! Making this a political issue is just as nutty as these cops' behavior.

Bullies don't require political motives for their actions.

As for your wacky imaginings about what "might" have happened---the next time someone flips a ciggie in your direction, give 911 a call and try getting that person arrested for assault. Let us know how that works out for you.

From your previous post:

For all we know the law enforcement officers might of just wanted to talk to her outside so they wouldn't disturb the class.

After watching the video that they didn't manage to suppress, I'm pretty sure they weren't overly concerned about disturbing the class. It would just be a wild guess on my part, but my opinion is that intimidation of not only this one young woman, but the entire class and the teacher, was their main objective.
Just offhand I'd say this university has a serious problem in their security department and about to be facing a whole spate of lawsuits...again, just my opinion, but I really doubt this is the first time they've behaved this way.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Back in the days of the old west, like in 1885, if some guy was seen bothering a woman or man handling a women, even if it was the town marshal, he would be shot and killed right on the spot, or something worse, like having every bone in his body broken.
That is what people deserve for bullying women, especially the pigs in law enforcement who would do such a thing. Police officers don't do that kind of a thing, but pigs do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join