It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to keep up with the changing tides while reminiscent of the not so distant past...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I like a good song to sing and have been wanting to give my vocal chords some exercise. I chose, Paul Simon's song, Kodachrome. Even though it is a somewhat upbeat peppy song, I find myself longing for the days before digital. Years and years ago, my high school taught photography and there was a tangibly satisfying relationship between the person behind the camera and the entire process of the developing film. As the photographer, you were there every step of the way.

So here is, Kodachrome by Paul Simon...

Do the nice people here on ATS ever find yourselves longing for items of the past?
If you are so inclined, please share

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
I see your Paul Simon and raise you a Def Leppard.

What do I miss? Vinyl records, for one. I also miss being able to get away with stuff because cell phones weren't everywhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I've never heard that song before.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Love Kodachrome, one of my favorites by Paul Simon.

I went to school for cinematography and a large portion of that in the early stages was learning photography in an attempt to ingrain in us how to frame a shot. The cameras we were told to purchase were all old Nikon FE's that still used the old containers of film.

I loved everything about that camera and the whole process. Some of my favorite pictures were taken with it.

Now I have a Nikon D7000 and it's brilliant but there's something missing.

edit on 6-11-2015 by Bennyzilla because: typos

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark I'm no match for the passion killer, maybe the lackluster buster or the drunken chum... but the passion killer makes me run away or grab my cell phone to take a digital... mumble mumble... walks away like hyena.
Thanks for the old school Def Leopard and vinyl is a fond memory of mine too!

edit on 6-11-2015 by peppycat because: tablet with mind of it's own

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think this is what you are trying to say;

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla There was definitely something about the taking care of and protecting the film and placing it in the camera.
In high school I had a daydream about learning how to make movies and for a time really considered it.
Every thing from just 20 years ago is like vintage now. I'm getting too old and things of the future move at such a quick pace, I can barely keep up. I just want an old fashioned camera.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'm going to go wandering around now and look for an old telephone booth, call up and old bud and make my way down to a dirty old run down hole in the wall, order a gentleman's drink, put the juke box on and play a cheap round of pool.
Excellent song to lift a melancholy mood, thanks DISRAELI!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Do the nice people here on ATS ever find yourselves longing for items of the past?

I sometimes miss all the quiet

:-)

I do realize that I choose the internet - it doesn't choose me, but still...

P.S. Really good song
edit on 11/7/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I sometimes miss all the quiet

:-)

I do realize that I choose the internet - it doesn't choose me, but still...

P.S. Really good song
quiet is good

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Found a paper, and telephone... still on search for video store.... empty buildings🎆

new topics

top topics

join