It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tribesmen Shoot Arrows at Relief Chopper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The thing is....they don't live like us. They aren't dependant on roads and waste treatment and buying their food from stores. That all comes naturally to them. They already depend on nature to provide those things - a big wave isn't going to change much. And as the articles show, they knew to get the hell out of the way in a much greater proportion than the people that do depend on modern conveniences.

When you start dumping supplies on people that don't need supplies they might become dependant of those supplies...greatly impacting and changing the way of a people that have done things the same way for eons.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
When the sea gets pulled away, people are amazed and often will run into what was formerly the bottom of the coast. Not very far in, but certainly the wrong direction. Hell, when a tsunami warning is issued, they are allways some jokers

What? Pulled away? What are you talking about? Did you think tsunamis are like people taking large amount of air in and then blowing them off?

Tsunamics are when there are ripples (earthquakes) in the middle of the ocean which causes the water to be pushed out from that point, not pulled in and then pushed out. Tsunamics are like dropng a really huge.

Two minute googling would surely prove my point.

Surf

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

What? Pulled away? What are you talking about? Did you think tsunamis are like people taking large amount of air in and then blowing them off?

Two minute googling would surely prove my point.

Surf

You should have googled for two minutes...

Go here for larger images of the tsunami receding then rushing back in.

Edit:

BBC tsunami disaster animated guide

[edit on (1/5/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wrong again.

Sorry guys.

I just read the CNN version and didn't go into howstuff works version. My bad.

Surf

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by Nygdan
When the sea gets pulled away, people are amazed and often will run into what was formerly the bottom of the coast. Not very far in, but certainly the wrong direction. Hell, when a tsunami warning is issued, they are allways some jokers

What? Pulled away? What are you talking about?

When a tsunami approaches land the sea level right on the coast/beach rapidly and suddenly drops. Its apparently quite a bizzare sight and it can even leave fish flopping around on what is now the exposed ground. The novelty of the situation is so strange that sometimes, often from what I understand, people will actually run out into the newly exposed ground, which, of course, has catastrophic consequences when the tsunami hits. Apparently there are other 'signs' of an approaching tsunami but I am not familiar with all of them. I suppose the last one is some guy behind his cam-corder says 'oh bugger!'.

I don't know what the adaman islanders did to avoid the tsunami, and its not known just how many were killed amoung what groups. For all anyone knows, the few that were spotted are the only survivors. Its also entirely possible that they just happened to be in the part of the island that isn't afected. These tribes don't live on the beaches, or even close to the coast as far as I know, so they might not've even done anything to avoid the destruction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join