It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Rowe responds to MSNBC anchor's "hard work" comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A few days ago MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry cautioned a guest on her show about applying the term "hard worker" to Paul Ryan. A fan of Mike Rowe's posed the question on Facebook what he thought about that whole situation. I thought his response was interesting, and he did the best he could to avoid being political about it. Agree with him or not, I think it's worth a read.

For the ATS thread on Harris-Perry's comments, click here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

For Rowe's comments, click here - www.ijreview.com...

Apologies for the cluttered site with Rowe's comments. Best non-Facebook link I could find. Without delving too far into the political aspect (but I know this is rooted in political leanings, at least for Harris-Perry), I found MHP's comments ignorant at best. To be fair, I find most of her journalism to he ignorant because every time I've seen her she seems completely unprepared for whatever it is she's talking about. In any event, I found her comments to be distasteful and I think Rowe does an excellent job of explaining why.

Not bad for a guy who sticks his arm up cows' asses.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Makes one wonder how far they are willing to stretch the PC nonsense these days, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Awesome. Good on him for providing a rebuke for that comment in the least baiting way possible.

Even some of the comments here were geared towards msnbc being crappy or liberals being PC police, Rowe hit it on the head though.

S&F, thanks for posting this

a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

That was my angle in the whole situation. I can't stand MHP as a journalist. I don't care what her politics are, she's an utterly awful journalist in my opinion. The comment/comments was ignorant of her, regardless of her politics. And I was glad Rowe managed to stay away from the political angle as much as he did.

Though I do recognize the comments were made on a political show and had a political angle to them, so I expect political debate around them. Which, coincidentally, makes Rowe's comments all the more impressive to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Mike Rowe for President!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Mike Rowe for President!
Yeah I'd vote for him. I'm sick of lawyers and greedy businessmen running the country.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I laughed so hard when someone at work brought this comment up.
Like how can someone even compare the 2?
...who keeps pic of slaves on their office wall to begin with? Better yet, why would a news broadcaster even think they compare or even on the same level, work wise, to a cotton picker?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Mike Rowe for President!
Yeah I'd vote for him. I'm sick of lawyers and greedy businessmen running the country.

Yeah. We need Jon Stewart.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That was extroidinarly well thought out.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I love Mike Rowe. He is the most accessible everyman type we have these days. And I totally want a copy of that picture of him and most disappointing toilet for my desk.

new topics

top topics

join