It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Carson: ‘Politico Story Is An Outright LIE’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Carson keeps digging himself deeper and deeper...

Why Ben Carson’s West Point scholarship claim made no sense from the beginning

• Westmoreland was not in Detroit at the time of the alleged meeting - he was in Washington according to Army/Washington records
  • Westmoreland had no position to offer nominations to WP *
  • WP does not offer "scholarships," who have to be nominated *
  • Carson didn't even complete his ROTC, as he admits he was only enrolled for 5 semesters and not a full 6 as typical.

* the rules for who can nominate a cadet are given in the article.

In short, Carson is a fabulist.

More embarrassing fixation on useless morsels of "grand importance". The guy was describing a shift of interest from military to medicine. Really important, the synonyms he used in describing events of 30-40 years ago.

Sorry, I think I'll wait for more detailed assessment of the details, and not your hand-picked favorite website.

If you don't think a 4-star puts people into West Point, without doing with the paperwork.....you're fully ignorant of military matters.

Jesus, this is embarrassing for any and all adults, cats, or dogs.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Gryphon66

(The Army provided the document.)

Where?

I do not see any proof whatsoever on Politico.

Politico

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This could backfire against the left machine, and give
Ben another boost in the ratings.

Heck, I remember when Hillary said she tried to join
the Marines....lol.

If I had to choose who I would be in battle with,
in a fox hole it would be Ben, not Hillary.

Speaking as a registered Democrat, I can tell you, that I would dearly love to see Dr. Carson as the Republican candidate.

I mean ... c'mon. I hope this sends his ratings THROUGH THE ROOF!

This one always gets thrown out there when the actual argument is being lost.

Yes, we get it, we've heard it a thousand ridiculous times......"hawhawhaw yeah I hope he wins he's the awfulest we'll win so big because he suxx so badd hawhawhaw".

I mean, come on man.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

(The Army provided the document.)

Where?

I do not see any proof whatsoever on Politico.

Politico

Is there supposed to be some connection between this generic document with no cover, no details, no title, no location or program...........lol ?

You were asked for proof, not some random PDF that couldn't be identified for any purpose whatsoever.

As I recall, Dan Rather and Brian Williams had some great stuff like this. Especially after their claims, not before.

This looks really bad, if this is the "proof" that "he lied".

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

the Marines....lol.

Speaking as a registered Democrat, I can tell you, that I would dearly love to see Dr. Carson as the Republican candidate.

Yes, we get it, we've heard it a thousand ridiculous times......"hawhawhaw yeah I hope he wins he's the awfulest we'll win so big because he suxx so badd hawhawhaw".

I mean, come on man.

Then what difference does it make. You already admitted he has been sacrificed by the Republicans.

Apparently you have some emotional attachment to Dr. Ben.

It's politics man...in all its ugly, nasty, stratigic moves by both sides. It's about money...and war, and control ...

What's it like living in Mayberry RFD?
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

the Marines....lol.

I mean, come on man.

Then what difference does it make. You already admitted he has been sacrificed by the Republicans.

Apparently you have some emotional attachment to Dr. Ben.

It's politics man...in all its ugly, nasty, stratigic moves by both sides. It's about money...and war, and control ...

What's it like living in Mayberry RFD?

haha, you're not supposed to justify a ridiculous old saw, by just throwing another one out !

"They all do it"

A classic. Typically thrown out there when a dem is caught in something bad. In this case I guess it's supposed to mean "haha this low-life totally pointless character assassination should be seen as normal.....because we're doing it."

Isn't it standard to sniffingly dismiss all of Hillary's / Obama's crimes, lies, and failures as "right wing conspiracy" ? Why yes, it is. No "ahh that's politics" for those.

I love it ! Not a smidgen of shame !
edit on 6-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Yeah, but it's still more than Carson has.

What time are you due back under the bridge?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I just heard him respond on CNN, and I don't think he's lying. He told the same story again. It is possible that when he met with those guys from WP, that one of them tossed out the word "scholarship".

He's upset. He said next week they will be saying his kindergarten teacher said he wet his pants.

This is much ado about nothing. Yes, the implications would be serious, but it's a "he said/she said" kind of thing.
We can't be sure on this one.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yeah, but it's still more than Carson has.

What time are you due back under the bridge?

Ah, your second sentence just flat out wins the debate for you.

It took me some real digging, but I think I finally found a meaning for your first sentence.

The pitiful thing you linked to is "still more" than Carson has to prove a negative, that he's not guilty of what hasn't been proven ?

That's terrible, bubba. Have you no shame ? This is how Rather tried to explain his thing. That's horrendous, lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Sorry, I think I'll wait for more detailed assessment of the details, and not your hand-picked favorite website.

If you don't think a 4-star puts people into West Point, without doing with the paperwork.....you're fully ignorant of military matters.

The Washington Post hardly qualifies as my favorite Web site, but they did in fact review Army records of Westmorelands itinerary for the period in question and he was in Washington on Memorial Day 1969, and no where near Detroit - so clearly, Carson could not have ever met him at the time he stated.

Oh, and you appear to be completely ignorant of who can and can't nominate cadets. (Congressional Nomination and Service-Connected Nomination.

Someone who had actually gone through the process of applying or seeking nominations would NEVER have made the mistake of claiming they received a "full scholarship" to West Point. That alone should have been the biggest tip this was all a fib.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Isn't it standard to sniffingly dismiss all of Hillary's / Obama's crimes, lies, and failures as "right wing conspiracy" ? Why yes, it is. No "ahh that's politics" for those.

I love it ! Not a smidgen of shame !

I don't know, I'm not a democrat. I'm a realist. That's something to be ashamed of?

I think your ideology has gotten in the way of your common sense. Just my observation..you are breaking your own heart and I'm sorry!
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sorry, I think I'll wait for a little more info than this afternoon's blitz by the DNC and media, before weighing all the evidence. It doesn't seem like you will, though.

Next post:

You did notice, I hope, that the quote of Carson doesn't include "applied or accepted". You didn't ? woops, sorry.

Spare me the fake sanctimonious blathering and hypocritical insinuations.

The "context" of his book is that he had an interest in the military, but chose medicine instead. Funny that "context" thing. You don't just say the word "context" and automatically "win" whatever you're desperately pursuing. The word context actually has a meaning. The context of this little story is "turning points and decisions". Not synonyms and your opinions of them. And calling people "liars" for their synonyms that you deem improper.

There should be a tail swatting the flies away from whatever hole produced that nonsense. Taking a page on creating doubt with silly semantics arguments from the Ben Carson playbook? He didn't write that book either. It obviously goes over well with the wingnuts but don't expect a similar reaction from me.

Context does in fact have a meaning, at least you got that much right:

Dictionary.com - Context

noun
1. the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect: You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.
2. the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.
3. Mycology. the fleshy fibrous body of the pileus in mushrooms.

The CONTEXT of his claims has changed and it's changed repeatedly. Originally, this offer was supposedly given to him after a Memorial Day parade when he allegedly met Westmoreland. That didn't happen. Why should we believe that any of it happened when the CONTEXT in which he claims that it occurred is known to be a fiction invented by either his ghost writer or Ben Carson himself?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I just heard him respond on CNN, and I don't think he's lying. He told the same story again. It is possible that when he met with those guys from WP, that one of them tossed out the word "scholarship".

He's upset. He said next week they will be saying his kindergarten teacher said he wet his pants.

This is much ado about nothing. Yes, the implications would be serious, but it's a "he said/she said" kind of thing.
We can't be sure on this one.

You do remember that one of the big ones on Romney was that he was mean to some kid in grade school, and maybe that kid was possibly almost about to be gay ?

So Carson's hyperbole about this tactic is not actually hyperbole.

Back in reality, someone from the Army with authority, said "you can have an appointment for the asking, kid", to Carson 40 years ago. And he decided to go into medicine instead. All the rest is the filthy ranting of lying, cheating hacks.

And still not the mildest of passing interest in Hillary telling her daughter and the local leaders the truth about Benghazi the first night.....but lying to America for several weeks after. Mind blowing. Well, really mind disgusting.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
And this is beyond a "liberal" media attack at this point.

He couldn't handle the feeding frenzy at that press conference he just had and after a meltdown like that they will be after him for no other reason than to provoke another story.

I thought that strange story about how he chose which college to attend was just another example of how odd and actually unfocused this guy really is.

haha, yes, he was quite unfocused and odd in those hundreds of incredibly intricate brain surgeries. Absolutely, righty-oh, you got it on the money. And running Johns Hopkins......what silliness !! Give us our community agitator back for another term.

Completely irrelevant if he can't handle what he is attempting now which he clearly can't. John Nash was an accomplished mathematical genius. Do you think he could have managed being POTUS?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Back in reality, someone from the Army with authority, said "you can have an appointment for the asking, kid", to Carson 40 years ago. And he decided to go into medicine instead. All the rest is the filthy ranting of lying, cheating hacks.

That is absolutely no way to talk about Ben Carson and that book somebody wrote for him!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Sorry, I think I'll wait for a little more info than this afternoon's blitz by the DNC and media, before weighing all the evidence. It doesn't seem like you will, though.

Next post:

You did notice, I hope, that the quote of Carson doesn't include "applied or accepted". You didn't ? woops, sorry.

Spare me the fake sanctimonious blathering and hypocritical insinuations.

The "context" of his book is that he had an interest in the military, but chose medicine instead. Funny that "context" thing. You don't just say the word "context" and automatically "win" whatever you're desperately pursuing. The word context actually has a meaning. The context of this little story is "turning points and decisions". Not synonyms and your opinions of them. And calling people "liars" for their synonyms that you deem improper.

There should be a tail swatting the flies away from whatever hole produced that nonsense. Taking a page on creating doubt with silly semantics arguments from the Ben Carson playbook? He didn't write that book either. It obviously goes over well with the wingnuts but don't expect a similar reaction from me.

Context does in fact have a meaning, at least you got that much right:

Dictionary.com - Context

noun
1. the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect: You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.
2. the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.
3. Mycology. the fleshy fibrous body of the pileus in mushrooms.

The CONTEXT of his claims has changed and it's changed repeatedly. Originally, this offer was supposedly given to him after a Memorial Day parade when he allegedly met Westmoreland. That didn't happen. Why should we believe that any of it happened when the CONTEXT in which he claims that it occurred is known to be a fiction invented by either his ghost writer or Ben Carson himself?

haha, it's fake sanctimonious blathering and hypocritical insinuations......that you flat out lied about what the guy said, for all to see. I guess.........

And then 1001 words on "context". haha, you do realize that this doesn't actually HELP your fixation on the "crimes of synonyms", no ?

Yes, context is simple. It's the basic gist of what's been said, the framework therein. Carson had good opportunities in the military, he chose to serve in medicine instead. That was the context. Not whether "offered" means "applied" or "free ride" means "scholarship".

And don't worry about what's coming out of which of my holes, lol. Not a bright spot in your "presentation".

This is fun. I've never brawled with people so dedicated to hitting themselves over the head with the inane, and repeated fail.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

And this is beyond a "liberal" media attack at this point.

He couldn't handle the feeding frenzy at that press conference he just had and after a meltdown like that they will be after him for no other reason than to provoke another story.

I thought that strange story about how he chose which college to attend was just another example of how odd and actually unfocused this guy really is.

haha, yes, he was quite unfocused and odd in those hundreds of incredibly intricate brain surgeries. Absolutely, righty-oh, you got it on the money. And running Johns Hopkins......what silliness !! Give us our community agitator back for another term.

Completely irrelevant if he can't handle what he is attempting now which he clearly can't. John Nash was an accomplished mathematical genius. Do you think he could have managed being POTUS?

The "Beautiful Mind" guy ? uhhhh, he was actually fully insane. This is your comparison for Carson ? There's a reason why you think you'd be taken seriously with this ?

Correct me if I got the wrong guy. If not, you should probably find a hole to hide in lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Speaking of filthy ranting, you don't happen to have any evidence for your claim do you?

If you do, send it to Dr. Carson ... he needs it about now.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That is absolutely no way to talk about Ben Carson and that book somebody wrote for him!

zzzzzzzzzz......call me when it's time for me to fix you breakfast.......

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Speaking of filthy ranting, you don't happen to have any evidence for your claim do you?

If you do, send it to Dr. Carson ... he needs it about now.

haha, no, I'm not supposed to "dis-prove" your accusations. Debate, logic, and the law don't quite work like that.

Maybe you live in something that makes it like this for you. Not many people really think this way.

The book written about Carson was very simple, the reasons (context !) for this little chapter even simpler.

YOU would need to bring proof for expanding it into a major controversy of epic proportions.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join